LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Biid Anyone? (Body Integrity Identity Disorder)

BoTox

Things seem to go in cycles, as with life and the little pleasure we find in the unexpected places.

Several years ago, during the whole broken neck and halo thing, I stumbled upon a group for BIID. Many there were using wheel chairs and braces. Of them, a few identified as incontinent and wore diapers.

In light of that, I wondered if some DLs might identify as BIID?

Personally, I sometimes feel my continence is something that should not be part of me though I do not follow through with those desires to the point of causing permanent incontinence.

Could this be the biggest difference between why I do not identify as an AB? I was never attracted to the AB side (well, there are some cute baby girls) and only enjoy the incontinence part of it?

Thoughts?

I continue to think that most people, given that they have a particular perception of societal expectations and dictates, continue to try and legitimize their DL side/life/world, and their CHOOSING to wear and use diapers - a legal product produced for a legitimate need, FIRST. Spun into that is the guilt and self-loathing that comes with a person feeling they have failed at upholding expectations of them - and it doesn't matter WHOM has or seems to have those expectations, parents, family, friends, society in general - when they find themselves "different", find that they enjoy being different, and WHAT makes them different, and struggle with self-acceptance first, societal expectations be damned.

The AB community wants to be able to freely and openly be an AB, and have it accepted. Unless there comes a "Stepford" project to make the entire society automatons, and oblivious to certain thoughts and opinions that someone who can freely think might have, the AB community is never going to be accepted as those in it would fantasize of it being - adults dressed and acting like a doddering infant and wanting, demanding and needing total care, while in a world of expected responsibility, is simply not going to fly. And, many in the DL world are so wrapped up at being uncomfortable with and not accepting their diaper stimulation, that takes the place of and overshadows potential pleasure, comfort and enjoyment of a simple prop that is also very functional - a diaper - and whatever trappings might come along with it.

Good topic, interesting thread, maybe too deep and maybe more deep than the whole situation needs to be. And, simply my humble opinion...

• Like 1

I continue to think that most people, given that they have a particular perception of societal expectations and dictates, continue to try and legitimize their DL side/life/world, and their CHOOSING to wear and use diapers - a legal product produced for a legitimate need, FIRST. Spun into that is the guilt and self-loathing that comes with a person feeling they have failed at upholding expectations of them - and it doesn't matter WHOM has or seems to have those expectations, parents, family, friends, society in general - when they find themselves "different", find that they enjoy being different, and WHAT makes them different, and struggle with self-acceptance first, societal expectations be damned. The AB community wants to be able to freely and openly be an AB, and have it accepted. Unless there comes a "Stepford" project to make the entire society automatons, and oblivious to certain thoughts and opinions that someone who can freely think might have, the AB community is never going to be accepted as those in it would fantasize of it being - adults dressed and acting like a doddering infant and wanting, demanding and needing total care, while in a world of expected responsibility, is simply not going to fly. And, many in the DL world are so wrapped up at being uncomfortable with and not accepting their diaper stimulation, that takes the place of and overshadows potential pleasure, comfort and enjoyment of a simple prop that is also very functional - a diaper - and whatever trappings might come along with it. Good topic, interesting thread, maybe too deep and maybe more deep than the whole situation needs to be. And, simply my humble opinion...

I believe you have really put a lot of thought into this topic and seem to be quite comfortable in your own skin. I applaud you for your well adjusted, screw you if you don't like it attitude. If only I had such self confidence. ;)

While I make no excuse for my actions, I do sometimes feel that my urges and desires are far enough outside the norm to feel like I need to keep it buried. I would not call it self loathing in my case but it is a healthy paranoia to preserve my sanity and privacy.

• 4 months later...

I am pretty sure I suffer from BIID, when I wear and use diapers I like to feel like I am disabled, that to me is more natural than pretending to be a baby which does nothing for me at all..I am pretty much obsessed with wheelchairs and diapers. To me it feels like how I want to live my life. I suppose it boils down to the same thing, being cared for and looked after.

A couple of years ago I had GBS which left me paralysed from the chest down and incontinent. I had to use a wheelchair and diapers then and it was brilliant. However my boyfriend isn't really the caring type and basically made me feel unloved and a burden to him. I felt so confused, happy in one respect but completely let down at the same time. In time I recovered but it's been very difficult to leave that part of me behind, as in some ways I crave to be in a wheelchair again but I know it's not normal to feel like that so I strive to have a normal life and just keep that part of me secret.

Only 1 person knows how I feel and he totally understands, and he has feelings like that too. Such a shame he is gay!

• Like 2

I believe you have really put a lot of thought into this topic and seem to be quite comfortable in your own skin. I applaud you for your well adjusted, screw you if you don't like it attitude. If only I had such self confidence. ;)

While I make no excuse for my actions, I do sometimes feel that my urges and desires are far enough outside the norm to feel like I need to keep it buried. I would not call it self loathing in my case but it is a healthy paranoia to preserve my sanity and privacy.

I never saw "continence" itself as a BIID issue. Rather, I saw having normal male genitalia as the issue given all the problems they can cause when you're wearing a diaper. Like some people have mentioned in other DD forums, having an erection while diapered can be uncomfortable. Leaking out the waistband is irritating. It seems like most incontinence products work better for the female anatomy. So, I frequently wished I had a birth defect that left me incontinent with a more female-like anatomy, but still with a male gender. (Complicated isn't it?)

As you get older and become more confident in yourself, you no longer feel the need to justify yourself to others. For years, I wanted a "legitimate" reason to be wearing diapers for justification to my employer or others if they found out. Now that I understand where my DL desires come from, I no longer need that "legitimate" physical disability to justify my wearing diapers. Age and related medications also solve anatomical problems associated with being male and wearing diapers. Erections are no longer a problem and my penis is so short that it can't get anywhere near the waistband of the diaper.

These days, I just consider diapers to be my normal underwear. Occasionally, I still wear regular briefs when they are more convenient. But those occasions are happening with decreasing frequency.

By the way, my "regular" briefs ... they are adult-sized training pants from Comco. I threw my Fruit of the Loom briefs in the trash years ago.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never saw "continence" itself as a BIID issue. Rather, I saw having normal male genitalia as the issue given all the problems they can cause when you're wearing a diaper. Like some people have mentioned in other DD forums, having an erection while diapered can be uncomfortable. Leaking out the waistband is irritating. It seems like most incontinence products work better for the female anatomy. So, I frequently wished I had a birth defect that left me incontinent with a more female-like anatomy, but still with a male gender. (Complicated isn't it?)

This. Minus any permanent incontinence in my case, though. (Just once in a while would be preferable, because it's an erotica thing for me that phases in and out over time, usually out.) Genitalia serve me no purpose and are nothing more than an inconvenience, albeit a very minor one. I don't have any overt desires for extreme measures such as body modification--things are fine as they are--but if a severe accident caused the anatomy to be destroyed it would hardly be a travesty.