LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Assurance Diapers?

I've been wearing Depends for a long time and like them pretty well, except for the fact that they're so "low rise" on the waist. I've tried every other brand I could get my hands on, and keep coming back to Depends. But the last time I was in Walmart, I picked up a package of Assurance just to see if there really WAS anything new about them. So far, close to half way through the package, I'm impressed for these reasons.

1. They're comfortable, more comfortable than most disposables.

2. The construction is pretty good. Decent tapes and leak guards. Padding is quilted with an extra absorbent center pad. Bunches up some, but only when the diaper is pretty wet.

3. Wicks well. The wetness is distributed throughout the diaper fairly evenly.

4. High rise padding. There's no padding in the wings, but the padding in the front and back comes up nice and high. Haven't had any leaks out the top of the diaper.

5. Fecal containment. I have a growing bowel incontinence problem and have to deal with messy diapers. The Assurance haven't had to face anything awful, but they've handled the messes I have had very well. Nothing has leaked out of the diaper.

As an incontinent who holds a good job and travels, I need reliable diapers for obvious reasons. My experience so far has been surprisingly good with Assurance, even in the mornings after I take my water pill. Anyone else have any recent experience with this brand?

• 6 years later...

This is a really old thread but I happened to run across it and wanted to answer for any future readers. I have been using depends, bought at Walmart. Depends protection is the latest incarnation of the tape on diaper. I have had good luck with depends and I like them.

When I went to walmart this last time they didn't have the depends protection in my size (large / x large) so I picked up a package of assurance diapers. I have been very pleasantly surprised. These diapers work very well and the price is great.

First is performance. They hold everything I do in them. The first night I thought it would be fun to try a fleet enema in a diaper. That is why I bought them in the first place. I expected a big mess so I covered them with two pairs of high quality plastic pants. One in X large which holds overflowing liquid very well. And then one XX large to catch anything which gets past the diaper and the first pair of plastic pants.

The poop was huge as you can imagine. Semi liquid and of course the enema itself gushed out into the diaper. I was able to hold back about 20 minutes before I lost control. I had been holding for two full days so I filled the diaper. Added to that was a urgent need to pee.

I sat in the messy wet diaper for almost three hours, adding to it as the urges came. I wet and messed the entire time. When it came time to clean up, I was completely amazed, nothing had leaked out of the diaper itself. The plastic pants were clean and dry. That has never happened before with depends.

Yesterday I slept in one the night before, doing some very heavy wetting over night and in the morning. I sat in the diaper while drinking coffee wetting it as I felt the urge. I am a very heavy wetter due to my liquid intake and my water pills. The absorbancy and capacity of assurance diapers is awesome. The diaper held it all. When I took it off at bedtime, the plastic pants again were completly dry and the diaper was heavy and soaked.

The absorbant material is high in front and back, not overy thick, but it holds a lot. This is great for laying down in bed. It takes it all. And as Tinkles stated the diaper is high, reaching to the waist. Not a low riding hip hugger.

The outer material is a thin cloth like material, quiet and comfortable. And waterproof.

Two tapes on each side are velcrow type material which can be opened and closed over and over unlike sticky tape. They hold just as good as tape.

As I said above, the leak guards really work. No mess, no wet bed.

I will be buying more of these, I really like them.

You can get the dame diaper at Sams Club under the Simply RIght (used to be members mark) 48 for $20.48. Can't get much better pricing than that on diapers. I went through a couple of cases of those before I switched to the Attends breathable extra absorbancy for day use and Abena L4 at night.

The Assurance pull on briefs are not too bad either. They have leak guards and men’s version have additional stuffing in the right places. Because of the price I have been using the Assurance products off and on for years. Going back a few years they had an excellent overnight weight product with a plastic cover but sadly it was replaced with they are offering today, cloth covered.