LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking For Snap Crotch Pants

blitz1027

Not sure if this is in the right place but im looking for shorts and or jeans that look like regular adult clothes but have a snap crotch in them. Anyone know where I might find some?

Those look awesome but I'm really wanting something I can wear out and about and not get any weird looks. I would love to find some jeans or some cargo shorts that have a snap crotch. That way everyone will think im wearing. Normal clothes but I'll know that they are kids clothes

• 4 months later...

I prefer to not say bad things but I also don't like to watch a train wreck. We purchased a pair of these while surveying the market. What we got is very different than the pictures. First the pictures have these nice wide pockets you could put your hand in. What we got was difficult to put more than four fingers in...much smaller than the picture. All of the seams in the picture are double sewn which is standard for denim. What we got was single sewn and don't have the same appearance as the picture. The fabric is a blend with synthetics, which keeps them from shrinking much but it also makes them "crispy" and uncomfortable on baby legs. We specifically asked about the crotch snaps and were told "I have not had a problem with the poppers but I can put bigger ones on if you like and they are not hidden." Obviously no testing had been done with these because very light casual indoors use caused the "poppers" to open constantly. Only three hardware buttons used to close the sides were provided instead of the four in the picture. The strap hardware is totally unsuitable. This is not the conventional harware for onesies but rather snap onto the strap. The opening in the hardware is about 1.5 inches while the straps were over 2.75 inches which requires the strap to be bunched up in the hardware. The bib is too wide causing it to fold out from the body as can be seen in the picture. In our opinion this is a costume and not clothing. Our costume cost well over $100 with shipping. If we had bought this for anything more than a survey we would be very, very dissapointed.

Oh, and George I love your picture. Looks like someone knows where to buy his frillies.

Better off buying a pair of overalls or shortalls from a thrift store and sending them in to someone who can customize them or put snaps on them. Starryideas does this and I know a few others that will.

I'd go with the custom-made ones myself, simply because you'll know what you're getting and have someone right there to correct any problems should they occur ;) I've often wondered if velcro wouldn't make a better (if less traditional) closure for something like this? It could be color-matched so it would be less visible but still easily accessible :) It would be somewhat noisy during a diaper change though :whistling: Sewing velcro should be a lot easier than re-seaming and sewing snaps (poppers to the Brits) on by hand :lol: I'm hardly AB at all but now I'm already thinking about trying this with some old black pants I already have :blush: Now see what you've done? :huh:Thank You for that! :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Can't comment on a company as I have never ordered from them. But as I have stated in the past. It is quite easy to make your own. Take a pair of older Cargo pants that you have. Going to a store like Wal-Mart, K-Mart or even a sewing supply type place, get a few things. First A seam ripper. It's a small tool, very cheap maybe a couple of dollars. Also pick up a couple of packs of Snaps, or Poppers if you will. Get a medium size not the small ones. I think they come to 10 a pack last I got them.

Now taking out the seams on the inside of the crotch isn't all that hard but it is time consuming. A full size pair of pants or overalls takes me about half a hour, to the novice probably twice as long. Don't rush or get to far ahead of yourself in this step. You don't want to rip or cut the fabric, your just removing the stitching. You will go back and remove all the hanging threads left over to clean the hems.

Your left with a "blown" out pair of pants left wide open through the crotch and leg seams. You should notice that you have on either side of the legs a front and back half, both with a overlap of fabric or seam that folds under on both sides. This is what you want to have Hemmed again to itself. Now Sewing yourself with a machine is preferred to save cost. But it isn't the easiest thing to learn or cheap to obtain a sewing machine if one isn't available.

For the normal person I would take to a seamstress, or laundry repair. Simply tell them its for a costume Idea or something. There will be no Snaps so they won't know exactly your doing anyway. When you are done you will have the almost completed project. your Legs and crotch area will have the outside material with a bit like a half inch folded under and hemmed into place , with hopefully a double stitch, if you requested that, which you should. Alternately, they make something called hem tape. It is placed at the crease line on the open edge and the extra 1/2" is folded over it. Then using a iron it melts and joins the two parts together creating the sealed hem. Works great and is also kinda cheap like maybe $5 for enough to do a pair or two of pants or a couple of shorts.

Now onto the snaps. The snaps come with the set and die tool and will require a firm surface and may leave a mark so don't do on bare hardwood floors or furniture!! They don't Sew in, they are pressed on with a hammer and the dies You will need a tape or ruler. Start on one leg at the bottom as close to the bottom leg seam as comfortable. You will measure up from this. I would recommend spacing at about 2" apart to hold the final edge close so as not to be detected. I use a water marker to mark the spot for the snaps and then do all the snaps at once. Run the snaps up to the crotch on one side first, but not to far into the crotch part. You should have a center seam that is still factory sewed. dead center of the crotch or zipper. You will place a snap on either side of this seam and work out to the leg snaps you measured. Once done. Your snaps should align and your done. Total time should be about two hours from start to finish, and depending on your route on joining the ripped seam, you have about $20- to $40 invested and done with a pair of shorts that others have already seen you wear. Practice makes perfect and It only took me two tries to get it right. Using a old pair of ripped up jeans to practice on ;)

If you choose to go with Velcro type fastening, it can be done quite a bit easier. Using Hem tape to seal the legs then a iron on Velcro with a heat activated glue on one side. Just seam rip, Iron the legs edge back to itself, then Iron on the velcro on each half. Not alot of measuring and the like. No paying a seamstress and your done in about a Hour or so. Best of luck and give it a try. It really is easy to do!!

I would imagine all the things I said like seam ripping, hem tape and Iron on velcro are available on you tube to demonstrate the procedure. :)

Marcy and forever-a-kid did my prized pair of OshKosh B'Gosh overalls and put snaps all down the crotch with an invisible seam. It was great, exactly what I wanted, and I wear them out all the time. She can modify clothes that you want to have snaps in the crotch, I highly recommend her. Her website is: http://www.foreverakid.com/

-piper

• 2 months later...

Can't comment on a company as I have never ordered from them. But as I have stated in the past. It is quite easy to make your own. Take a pair of older Cargo pants that you have. Going to a store like Wal-Mart, K-Mart or even a sewing supply type place, get a few things. First A seam ripper. It's a small tool, very cheap maybe a couple of dollars. Also pick up a couple of packs of Snaps, or Poppers if you will. Get a medium size not the small ones. I think they come to 10 a pack last I got them.

Now taking out the seams on the inside of the crotch isn't all that hard but it is time consuming. A full size pair of pants or overalls takes me about half a hour, to the novice probably twice as long. Don't rush or get to far ahead of yourself in this step. You don't want to rip or cut the fabric, your just removing the stitching. You will go back and remove all the hanging threads left over to clean the hems.

Your left with a "blown" out pair of pants left wide open through the crotch and leg seams. You should notice that you have on either side of the legs a front and back half, both with a overlap of fabric or seam that folds under on both sides. This is what you want to have Hemmed again to itself. Now Sewing yourself with a machine is preferred to save cost. But it isn't the easiest thing to learn or cheap to obtain a sewing machine if one isn't available.

For the normal person I would take to a seamstress, or laundry repair. Simply tell them its for a costume Idea or something. There will be no Snaps so they won't know exactly your doing anyway. When you are done you will have the almost completed project. your Legs and crotch area will have the outside material with a bit like a half inch folded under and hemmed into place , with hopefully a double stitch, if you requested that, which you should. Alternately, they make something called hem tape. It is placed at the crease line on the open edge and the extra 1/2" is folded over it. Then using a iron it melts and joins the two parts together creating the sealed hem. Works great and is also kinda cheap like maybe $5 for enough to do a pair or two of pants or a couple of shorts.

Now onto the snaps. The snaps come with the set and die tool and will require a firm surface and may leave a mark so don't do on bare hardwood floors or furniture!! They don't Sew in, they are pressed on with a hammer and the dies You will need a tape or ruler. Start on one leg at the bottom as close to the bottom leg seam as comfortable. You will measure up from this. I would recommend spacing at about 2" apart to hold the final edge close so as not to be detected. I use a water marker to mark the spot for the snaps and then do all the snaps at once. Run the snaps up to the crotch on one side first, but not to far into the crotch part. You should have a center seam that is still factory sewed. dead center of the crotch or zipper. You will place a snap on either side of this seam and work out to the leg snaps you measured. Once done. Your snaps should align and your done. Total time should be about two hours from start to finish, and depending on your route on joining the ripped seam, you have about $20- to $40 invested and done with a pair of shorts that others have already seen you wear. Practice makes perfect and It only took me two tries to get it right. Using a old pair of ripped up jeans to practice on ;)

If you choose to go with Velcro type fastening, it can be done quite a bit easier. Using Hem tape to seal the legs then a iron on Velcro with a heat activated glue on one side. Just seam rip, Iron the legs edge back to itself, then Iron on the velcro on each half. Not alot of measuring and the like. No paying a seamstress and your done in about a Hour or so. Best of luck and give it a try. It really is easy to do!!

I would imagine all the things I said like seam ripping, hem tape and Iron on velcro are available on you tube to demonstrate the procedure. :)

Wow thank you for the good idea I am going to do this. I think this will be cute and useful. I will start getting what I need to do this tomorrow. I will let you know how this works out.