LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposable Or Cloth?

BoTox

• 2 weeks later...

Well....I'm a disposible person but I've been wanting to try cloth for awhile. Kinda curious as to what the other side looks like, and I think that it'll fit my lifestyle a bit better considering I usually ahve ot be on the DL about it.

You are 24 years old. Most of the cloth diapers wearers are probably over 40 years old,

I'm sure I wore cloth as a baby but never remembered it. As an adult, I've pretty much only worn disposables and don't find much for me in cloth though I do like plastic pants for insurance.

I have some lying around as a novelty item, however I was just talking to AngelaBauer, about going cloth full time for a while and see how much money I save.....since you can pretty much adjust the absorbancy with cloth to your own body type.

As far as absorbency goes, I am in the process of trying a new material called Zorb to make some soaker panels for my cloth diapers. Zorb has to be sandwiched between two pieces of cloth; it shouldn't go directly next to your skin. (Zorb 2 comes already encased, but I wanted to try plain Zorb due to the lower cost). Zorb is supposed to absorb a lot of moisture and be thin and discreet. It also absorbs quickly, holds well, and shouldn't leak. Haven't had a chance to sew any soaker layers yet...waiting for brother go go out this afternoon so I will have sew-time for at least a couple of hours.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never worn a cloth diaper as an adult but think I would like to try. However I would not want to wear any plastic pants. . . .to me that defeats the whole purpose of wearing cloth! hahaha

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Born late 50's so it was cloth and plastic pants, prefer cloth but I have a balcony that is exposed so cannot dry outside and electricity is too expensive for tumble dryer, that means they are hanging around the flat for days on end.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I grew up in the 40's and it was cloth and rubber pants. Nowadays I wear disposable's mostly in the mornings when I'm

out and about. From the afternoon on it's cloth and plastic pants. I sometimes mix in an AIO that I have worn out in public.

• 3 months later...

Try adultclothdiapers.com, I found their leakmaster is a decent place to start. You will also want to pair them with the activewear pul pants which last a lot longer, unless you really just prefer the feeling of plastic pants.

You are also going to need a large diaper pail, and some Dreft detergent. Be ready for a lot of laundry too.

• 2 months later...

I enjoy cloth, and have found most disposibles leak on me before they are full with the exception of the depend real fit.

This is interesting. Most everyone will tell you a depend real fit is for minor leakage only. Trying to get them to last longer than just about any other disposable diaper is near impossible.

What other disposables have you tried? Perhaps you just weren't using good enough diapers? Also keep in mind it's not really about trying to get a diaper to reach their max capacity, it about how long they will last before leaking. In general, most any premium diaper will greatly outlast any depends pullup unless you're putting them on wrong.

I have used the following. Tranquility atn briefs, tranquility premium overnight. I also tried abriflex, absobency plus regulaR level four and dry 24/7. I found the dry24/7 to work decntly and the tranquility Atn briefs to work decently. The rest of them all leaked early in the wetting. I'm a grower so do not stay pointed down very well and the ones that didnt work didnt seem to have any wings on the sides to direct the stream.

• 3 months later...

I have only ever known disposables. i have always wanted to try cloth but disposables have always been more convenient.

• 3 months later...

Cloth, most definitely. The first diaper I ever wore post- potty training was cloth (at age ten) and although I like certain disposables (like the Bambino Classico) there's just no comparison.