LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Abu Cushies

Dangerous slope for ABU. A very risky venture. Catering to the AB-DL community then putting out a product that will likely be just another adult diaper is likely not to net much in the way of sales for this product.

The reason the cloth-like covers are losing popularity, even for medical professionals, is that they simply suck. There is almost no benefit to them that is not negated by a larger problem, so I doubt even these will attract any attention.

I kind of see why they came out with such a product, look at all the diapers for babies out there. Almost all of them are cloth-like so I suppose more and more ab/dls will feel more like a baby with these on than the plastic ones.

I agree that cloth-like sucks but I think I will still give them a try for play-time diapers ... not for everyday though, but ABU has never been an everyday diaper anyways.

I know one of the owners has been pushing for a cloth-cover diaper since they started. Seems he finally got his wish :) neither cloh-like nor single-tape appeals to me, so not of interest to me on this one.

I kind of see why they came out with such a product, look at all the diapers for babies out there. Almost all of them are cloth-like so I suppose more and more ab/dls will feel more like a baby with these on than the plastic ones.

I agree that cloth-like sucks but I think I will still give them a try for play-time diapers ... not for everyday though, but ABU has never been an everyday diaper anyways.

The flaws do not occur on the small scale of baby bodies, thus why they actually work for babies. But when used on a larger product you'd have to either make it really thick to account for the difference in size, or be hit with a lot of problems. However, ABU can be an everyday, or even medical use, diaper. I use them in place of medical diapers, and I know others probably do as well. It's a matter of preference ultimately. Other made for adult brands tend to fail at giving people choices, so the ABU brands are increasing in demand because it's an alternative and viable choice. Not that there are some who would buy the cloth-like as a novelty, just that I don't see it as being in high enough demand for them to produce much.

The flaws do not occur on the small scale of baby bodies, thus why they actually work for babies. But when used on a larger product you'd have to either make it really thick to account for the difference in size, or be hit with a lot of problems. However, ABU can be an everyday, or even medical use, diaper. I use them in place of medical diapers, and I know others probably do as well. It's a matter of preference ultimately. Other made for adult brands tend to fail at giving people choices, so the ABU brands are increasing in demand because it's an alternative and viable choice. Not that there are some who would buy the cloth-like as a novelty, just that I don't see it as being in high enough demand for them to produce much.

Agreed. Most ABDLs I know are into plastic backed diapers exclusively. Even if the up and coming generation of DLs like the cloth backed stuff, I don't think that generation is old enough to even buy these anyways for the most parts. I don't understand why an ABDL company would make a product that most ABDLs actively hate. It just does not make sense.

Agreed. Most ABDLs I know are into plastic backed diapers exclusively. Even if the up and coming generation of DLs like the cloth backed stuff, I don't think that generation is old enough to even buy these anyways for the most parts. I don't understand why an ABDL company would make a product that most ABDLs actively hate. It just does not make sense.

Well, from what I keep hearing about ABU they're not the best company when it comes to listening to what their customers want ... but I still love their Cushies and SDK so I personally can't complain :)~

Ultimately the more types of diapers they produce the better for the community. I for one love to have many choices when it comes to diapers :D

Well, from what I keep hearing about ABU they're not the best company when it comes to listening to what their customers want ... but I still love their Cushies and SDK so I personally can't complain :)~

Ultimately the more types of diapers they produce the better for the community. I for one love to have many choices when it comes to diapers :D

That's just it, the SDK and Cushies are a result of them listening to the customers. ;)The clothlike are likely just a test based on what one of their own thought may be a good idea. But learning through mistakes is the best kind of learning, so, if no one buys them they will have to discontinue them, but if a lot of people buy them then they will have another option for people. I see it as daring simply because there are already clothlike out there, and they don't sell as well as the plastic backed counterparts, what few are remaining. For a company that caters to the fetish communities more though, it's unlikely they will sell much. Ultimately we'll have to wait and see. It's still a bit bold.

Honestly, I like that they're providing new options. I give them credit for that. It seems like a new direction to go in and, even if I disagree with their history, that is ALWAYS a good thing. New ideas are better than NOT new ideas, and even if it does fail, which I find to be unlikely, as long as they actually deliver, at least they try.

• Like 1

I'm actually looking forward to these since they'll be the closest thing to modern baby diapers on the market. Not the most functional.. but looking forward to them for play diapers

I think it will be fun to try them when they come out. Im kinda looking forward to them as well.

im totes down for this. i was in clothebacked when i was a baby and when i was a bed wetter untill about 4 years ago so im really looking forward to these.

• Like 1

I think ABU gets a lot of their advice from very young DL's, so this product will probably do well with them. It's a good addition to the line, just not something I'd buy.

I might buy some... I think I fall into the younger generation (23). I'm always torn between cloth and plastic backed diapers. Sometimes I feel more like a baby with the cloth and sometimes more with the plastic! Right now I got an even stock of both but I usually have plastic.

I'm not much of a fan of cloth like covers except on Tena flex maxi, which has a comfortable cloth cover.

However the cloth-like covers on Pampers and Drynites are much thinner, and I love that type of cloth like cover.

So I might try them..... However the shipping costs from usa to uk, won't be worth it.

I think ABU gets a lot of their advice from very young DL's, so this product will probably do well with them. It's a good addition to the line, just not something I'd buy.

Way do you think that?

• 2 weeks later...

I will proably buy a case of these as they look like they are a great play diaper. Even though I am a DL sometimes I do like some AB stuff. The only thing is that I wish the large were a bit bigger. I think that would make it really easy to change them standing up. I have a larger waist and the tapes of the large cushies barrly reach onto the tape zone. If they were just a bit bigger or would offer an XL size I would wear them more often. The only good thing about them being a bit smaller large is that it is motivaiton to loose some inches on the ol' waist line! :thumbsup:

So someone tell me what are the downsides to a cloth-like diaper?

True cloth-like (i.e. not poly-backed with a cloth cover like modern baby diapers) are "ventilated" - meaning not only does air get in, but air also gets out, which means everyone can smell your pee. Also, they have a tendency to leech liquid out of that "ventilated" cover, so even though the diaper hasn't hit capacity (I doubt this would be an issue with an ABU diaper - they don't exactly go all out for absorbency, other than that abortion from Germany), it's still leaking.

Finally, most of us old farts wore plain old poly-backed diapers when we were that little - so that's what we tend to go for...

(old farts in this case would be anyone over the age of about 20, because just about every manufacturer went to the cloth cover in the mid-90's...)