LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Ever Wear During An Acutal Colonoscopy And Not Just For The Prep?

I have another colonoscopy coming up a few weeks and I was thinking of actually wearing during the procedure. I was just wondering if I should tell the Nurse and/or Dr. that I have one on or let me find it when I go under? I was leaning towards not telling them letting just put me to sleep. The Nurse might find it when she props me up on my side with the foam to keep me from rolling over while I'm asleep but I'd love to fall asleep with one still on. Has anyone ever tried anything like this before? If the Dr. asks about it afterwards I was just going to say that I have diapers because I still wet the bed when I'm drunk sometimes and that I felt that I might soil myself before the procedure because of the prep. Wear or not wear? Tell them before I'm put out or not tell?

I had a colonoscopy 2 years ago. I wore diapers during prep, I leaked a little. When I awoke the morning of the procedure my bowels let loose as soon as I stood up. I wore a pull-up to the clinic and home but did not tell anyone. Perhaps you could tell them you had leakage issues as recently as the trip to the clinic. My instructions stated "bring a change of clothes if you are prone to incontinence" so they probably would understand. Let us know what happens.

Just had one and I agree. They take everything off when you have the colenoscopy. It would be a hinderence to the doctor trying to push his camera tools up your rear if there was a diaper in the way. With me, I was pretty well cleaned out before the colenoscopy and had no fears of a mess. Since I'm not incontinent I had no bladder worries. If your not incontinent, I'd leave the diapers at home. Be a big boy for the medical tests. If you do have incontinence, I'd let them know and tell them ahead of time that you wear diapers. With me there was the pre-colenoscopy doctor appointment where you get all your instructions, etc. That would be the time to let the doc know about incontinence and diapers and ask questions.

Yeah I concur, you will wear nothing before the procedure except the gown, so no real issue with that. I wear 24/7 and they just said strip down. My wife was there for the after thing which was less than 10 minutes for the whole thing. And diapered me back up in the recovery room.... Man I wish the sold that shit in six packs that they give ya to knock ya out. :P

• Like 1

So how would that work? They actually sick a camera up your ass! It seems to me that the diaper would get in the way! When I had my colonocsopy, the stuff I had to drink was like dynamite on my insides! After an all night prep, I though I was cleaned out. The enema, that I got at the hospital, prooved me to be wrong! When you go in for the proceedure, There is no need for a diaper for two reasons: 1 They would have to remove it and 2 there is nothing left in there to produce a social disaster!

• 3 weeks later...

whether or not you wear a diaper there is not the important thing.... Getting it DONE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!! I know 2 people who didn't do it and 1 has died of colon cancer and the other 1 is in a down hill battle with cancer.

Don't delay getting the test because your worried about a camera shoved in your bottom.... You won't feel it - they put you out. I know, I've had two of them done. (luckily, both clean results...)

I have had recent surgery, and they were fine with my wearing diapers as I went in. They also provided me with some during my hospital stay. There should be no problem wearing during the colonoscopy procedure, as they will simply remove the diaper after the anesthetic sets in. I recommend, however, that you wear one with the single Velcro fasteners, instead of the double tapes. That's because a technician will typically try to remove the double tape at once, ripping the plastic. And they won't know how to deal with the system should they open up and try to apply a new one. I will probably wear an Attends at my procedure, and then bring a few of the hospital diapers that were provided during my last stay. That way, they will have something familiar to work with after, to make it easier for them.

I have had recent surgery, and they were fine with my wearing diapers as I went in. They also provided me with some during my hospital stay. There should be no problem wearing during the colonoscopy procedure, as they will simply remove the diaper after the anesthetic sets in. I recommend, however, that you wear one with the single Velcro fasteners, instead of the double tapes. That's because a technician will typically try to remove the double tape at once, ripping the plastic. And they won't know how to deal with the system should they open up and try to apply a new one. I will probably wear an Attends at my procedure, and then bring a few of the hospital diapers that were provided during my last stay. That way, they will have something familiar to work with after, to make it easier for them.

I have never had anyone take off my diaper during a procedure or surgery...usually I am told to go sans diaper by the nurses before hand. If I have an accident they will just take care of it.

Man I wish the sold that shit in six packs that they give ya to knock ya out. :P

Versed is a fun drug, ain't it? :D

I had the misfortune of discovering that even it has limits. They sedated me for my discogram (injection of dye into vertebral discs to establish extent of degradation) and shot three discs in my back - the L3-L4 (was okay for that), the L5-S1 (again, okay for that), and then the L4-L5. I nearly jumped off the table - that pain cut clear through the sedation and rang out like a gunshot - completely ruined the high. The doc looked at me afterward and said "We were certainly fortunate you were strapped down, but that was the first time I've ever been able to see the dye leaking out as I injected it. That disc is completely shredded."

I have never had anyone take off my diaper during a procedure or surgery...usually I am told to go sans diaper by the nurses before hand. If I have an accident they will just take care of it.

When I went into surgery, they applied a warm blanket to prevent shivering, and special socks to my feet hooked up to an air massage device to keep the blood from clotting and in circulation. They also applied an IV. I asked them if they wanted me to remove all garments. They said I can keep the diaper on under the gown, if I felt more comfortable. When I woke up in the recovery room, the diaper was still in place, with surgical tape over where they opened it during the operation, and the surgical wound was taped over with gauze. I'm thinking that they may have made an exception for me, because I have high-functioning Autism. None the less, I felt a lot better about myself when it was all done. These people were quick to give praise, offer feedback, and made sure I knew I was welcome there. I think this, more than any pain medication, is the main contributing factor to my speedy recovery.

• 1 month later...

I had a colonoscopy yesterday. I'm not incontinent, but did wear a diaper during preparation, which began the night before, as the need to empty the watery mix I've swallowed comes on pretty quickly. Also wore a diaper to and from the appointment, just to be safe. Fortunately I didn't need for it, but better safe than sorry - and it did give me an excuse for the diapers. Before going in for the actual screening, they wanted everything off below the waist except for my socks.

As part of my prep, I had to finish the last bit of Colyte and the clear liquids at least three hours before the actual appointment. That presumably gives the system plenty of time to completely empty out. In my case, just before the actual test I headed into the bathroom and only produced minimal urine and nothing out my backside.

Incontinent or not, it's hard to have an accident in mid-colonoscopy when you're empty. That said, they are medical professionals, and especially in their specialty they've seen just about everything that can come out of a body and are prepared for it. If you're wearing a diaper, regardless of whether it is for need or desire, tell them up front. They'll tell you what to do with it for your procedure.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to tell my nurse beforehand. I had my usual diaper whilst having my treatment but the tapes were released and the back of my diaper pulled down after the procedure was over the tapes were put back in place and I was put into recovery. It was no biggy for them they must have seen this a hundred times before, just tell them in advance.

By the way, I once had to have a biopsey and as I was on the gurney waiting to go into the operating room, I told the nurse that I had to pee and asked if I could get up and use the rest room. She told me no, but not to worry because as soon as I was under sedation she has to put a cathater on me anyway. I suspect that when most people go in for any type of surgery, they get a cathater on and don't even know about it.

• 2 years later...

By the way, I once had to have a biopsey and as I was on the gurney waiting to go into the operating room, I told the nurse that I had to pee and asked if I could get up and use the rest room. She told me no, but not to worry because as soon as I was under sedation she has to put a cathater on me anyway. I suspect that when most people go in for any type of surgery, they get a cathater on and don't even know about it.

I can always tell when they cath me after I'm out, as due to my sensitivity I get a lingering discomfort for several hours afterwards. Even if I go in with a dry diaper I almost always come out naked (plus gown) with a sore urethra. I believe it's pretty much a standard procedure for them.

I had a colonoscopy three years ago, and naturally informed the doctor that I wore diapers. Granted, my memory is admittedly fuzzy thanks to the medication I was given, but I seem to remember having my diaper on during the procedure.

I didn't wear back when mine happened, there was surgery involved too and I was already in pain and foggy from the meds. Now that I wear 24/7 I'd have one on as long as they allowed it. I'd simply explain this to them and ask them what they wanted me to do then follow their instructions B)

Meh, the soreness wasn't even enough to really even bother me I had mine done. I went in diapered and they knocked me out. When I came out of it I was already diapered in one of those hospital diapers. They wouldn't let me leave till I had peed for them either. Turns out that wasn't a problem since I had already wet that diaper by the time they asked me about it.

Anytime I have had surgery or been unconscious in the hospital I have always been diapered and changed and cleaned by the nurses. It has never been an issue since my records indicate I am incontinent. What I do object to is being charged ten dollars a diaper for a diaper they pay 16 cents for.even when I was in I.C.U in a coma I was changed whenever my diaper needed it.

• 1 month later...