LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Can A Doctor Tell If Your Incontinent?

Interesting topic here and its something that ive been wondering for a while. what if you went to the doctors and registered as incontinent to try and get financial support from the government for buying products, but you werent actually incontinent, could they tell if you were lying, if so how?

If you are truly incontinent and tell your doctor you have accidents I am certain he can get you some sort of form for your insurance claim. He might run some tests or perscribe some medications though.

I have a friend that I met through DPF that has Cerebral Paulsy and gets his cases of diapers shipped to him every month or so. They are Kendalls and not very babyish but they are diapers. He also has people that the state pays for to come to help him with meals, getting out of bed and into clean diapers.

Please don't take this wrong but if you don't pay into insurance coverage and not incontinent and looking for free diapers please quit taking advantage of the system. Save our tax dollars for those who need the assistance.

Interesting topic here and its something that ive been wondering for a while. what if you went to the doctors and registered as incontinent to try and get financial support from the government for buying products, but you werent actually incontinent, could they tell if you were lying, if so how?

NO NO...im not doing it.....not that deceteful...id never even think about it...but it popped up in a converstaion with another dl...how could they actually tell if your incontinent or not though if you do go to a doctors claiming your incontinent?

My doctor could tell by doing a ultrasound to see my fallen bladder. but i'm sure with other cases is diffrent.

yes the docter can tell if need diaper by test i been incontinence all my life so i know because i get test ever 6 month to see i if it got worries or not so yes the docter can tell p.s i got Cerebral palsy or cp for short so i know

you can not tell for sure a person has control problems

you will have to undergo a few test none of them any fun.

in many case they can tell you that you have a medical problem but there are to many things going on in the body to tell you that you have no problem

as for coverage it can be a problem unless it is ruled as a disablity under ssa or ssb or ssi

some insurance will cover it in some case va will cover it also

ah ok...so theres tests where they can tell...like i said it was intersting just to ask, im partially incontinent myself..ie i wet the bed lol...always have done and i buy my diapers myself, however theyre bloody expensive in the uk compared to the usa. interesting i the price difference, when i went to colorado a couple of months ago i bought a pack of depends diapers for 9 dollars, thats about 5 quid, in the uk theyd cost about 20-30 dollars!...bout 15 pounds

First of all, if you go and visit the doctor and explains to him that you have plroblems with leaking, he will take you seriously. I doubt many doctors will think you are simulating such a difficult problem. So if you leak you have incontinence. From there off he will probalby sent you to have tests done to finde out what causes the incontinence and hopefully also to see what can be done to cure or atleast controll it. My guess is, that most doctors have sent patients through that routine times before so it is probably a standard procedure.

ah ok...so theres tests where they can tell...like i said it was intersting just to ask, im partially incontinent myself..ie i wet the bed lol...always have done and i buy my diapers myself, however theyre bloody expensive in the uk compared to the usa. interesting i the price difference, when i went to colorado a couple of months ago i bought a pack of depends diapers for 9 dollars, thats about 5 quid, in the uk theyd cost about 20-30 dollars!...bout 15 pounds

Yup, they have ultrasound, xrays, urine samples, this scan that I forget the name of (but had it done to me) and a few other ways. Your doctor will take you very seriously, and do everything to help you, but tests cant always tell everything as all my mine came up negative and yet Im still incontinent :(

Well when I was younger I was said to be incontinent because of an under developed bladder, but when they retested later they said it wasnt under developed anymore so I didnt qualify. But Im still incontinent :(

Been back a few times recently though and I think they're gonna start helping me out again ^_^

You haven't lived until you have been through a sleep study. They connect a lot of wires to you. I get to go for another one. They want to see how the sleep apenia is affecting my bedwetting.

You haven't lived until you have been through a sleep study. They connect a lot of wires to you. I get to go for another one. They want to see how the sleep apenia is affecting my bedwetting.

I'm actually worried about getting a sleep study done, as I have been leaking at night consistantly. I know I need to, though. My problem is two fold. First, when I was around 8-9, I was still having wetting problems. For what reason only my mother and the doctors know, they shortened the tube running to my bladder. Second, when I wake due to my sleep apnea (and it's like clock work, usually every two hours), I need to pee URGENTLY or have allready started leaking. A breather has NOT helped. The only reason I don't think this is prostate problem (I suppose I should get it checked, too) is I only need to pee maybe twice a day, three if I've been drinking heavy, and don't have any problems leaking during the day.

Also, I don't have insurance... not sure if I qualify for government medicaid or whatever it is.

Rick in Illinois

I'm actually worried about getting a sleep study done, as I have been leaking at night consistantly. I know I need to, though. My problem is two fold. First, when I was around 8-9, I was still having wetting problems. For what reason only my mother and the doctors know, they shortened the tube running to my bladder. Second, when I wake due to my sleep apnea (and it's like clock work, usually every two hours), I need to pee URGENTLY or have allready started leaking. A breather has NOT helped. The only reason I don't think this is prostate problem (I suppose I should get it checked, too) is I only need to pee maybe twice a day, three if I've been drinking heavy, and don't have any problems leaking during the day.

Also, I don't have insurance... not sure if I qualify for government medicaid or whatever it is.

Rick in Illinois

I would try to get a job with health insurance

I would take care of the Apenia ASAP. Your life may depend on it.

My blood oxygen was dropping to dangerous levels during sleep.

I sleep with a CPAP and if I fail to use it I wake up with my heart racing. The doctor said it was like being strangled.

During my last study, they tested me without the CPAP. As soon as I fell asleep, they woke me up to put on the CPAP.

• 2 weeks later...

When i was dealing with bedwetting i had to do a urin sample it came back negative but man i whish i could figure out a way to get my incurance company to pay for my diapers. does anyone know a doctor to write something lol

19/M

California

AIM: Diaperlover4life

Yahoo: Diaperlover4life

myspace.com/diaperlover4life

When i was dealing with bedwetting i had to do a urin sample it came back negative but man i whish i could figure out a way to get my incurance company to pay for my diapers. does anyone know a doctor to write something lol

19/M

California

19/M

California

just ask your dr.

"doc, i am stil bedwetting, I have insurance and they will pay for the protection i use at night, can you write a script for them" then you get to go through the run around with the insurance

Hey if it gets back to my dr about me wearing a diaper for that first sleep study, i may be able to say that recently i had been wetting (possibly cause of the apnea affecting my sleep)

Redneck diaper boy, i got a BiPAP machine last thursday, after a week it is helping

• 2 weeks later...

I think my doctor got the idea when I peed all over her exam table, LOL.

Man, that was so embarassing. I was sitting there in that gown, started peeing, and all I could think to say was "Well, I'm sure you already know there's no stopping this".

She was SO nice about it. Instead of just being all stuck up and professional like they're supposedly supposed to be, she actually comforted me when she saw I was about to start crying from embarassment.

Man, that was so embarassing. I was sitting there in that gown, started peeing, and all I could think to say was "Well, I'm sure you already know there's no stopping this".

She was SO nice about it. Instead of just being all stuck up and professional like they're supposedly supposed to be, she actually comforted me when she saw I was about to start crying from embarassment.

ur lucky mine was stuck up

and by the way mine is caused by nirve damage in my loweer back or is it my neck no dr can tell

p.s. i was in a car wreck and hav 3fused virt in my lower back and 2 in my neck so thay think it could be a pinched nirv but the only way to fix it could make me bouth perminatly incontinent and unable to walk

the latter of wich im not willing to risk just yet

but as for how thay can tell thay realy cant tell for sure it could be in the brain in the body or in the subconsis so its all an educated guess

p.s.s iv actualy seen a nuro sergon and that what she told me

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, that woulds suck. I peed all over the floor when i got the "prostate" exam. I told him it would happen and he said. "no,it will be fine" Guess not.