LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Technology Is Crazy

DailyDi

Found these at a thrift store the other day. They say it holds as much as like 80 floppy disks! That's crazy man, who would ever need that much space?

post-1-0-36898900-1329185007_thumb.jpg

I actually have a ZIp drive still. i use it for backing up small things like freeware and story files. Finding disks these days is rare, and 3 of them for $3 was a bargain!

They Had an old SuperDisk too, but I don't have one of those drives laying around.

post-1-0-36898900-1329185007_thumb.jpg

Wow thats quite a find you discovered there Dailydi. Got Me remembering about the Zip drive that my Biological Father put into the computer that he Built many years ago. I had actually even forgotten altogether about Zip Drives wow.

Rockies Fan.

Who would use 80 floppies? Someone with an Ensonia SQ-80 or a Casio CTK/WK keyboard

Nobody could ever possibly need more than 64K memory! Um, this is still 1980 isn't it? :roflmao:

Yeah, I still have working big and small floppy drives; I've just got nothing running that can actually use them :o I've also got a Zip drive and a couple tape drives I never tried that are gathering dust in boxes around somewhere I think. I haven't actually seen them in years- does that make me a hoarder? ;)

Bettypooh

• Like 1

I've also got a Zip drive and a couple tape drives I never tried that are gathering dust in boxes around somewhere I think. I haven't actually seen them in years- does that make me a hoarder? ;)

Bettypooh

The unfortunate answer here might just be yes- I find it to be particularly unfortunate as I am afraid it describes me........:( Geez, I hate to get rid of perfectly good, or very cool, or potentially useful some day, or maybe I will fit into it again some day, or maybe it will be worth something some day, stuff)

And yes, technology is nuts - my first usb flash drive was a 256 meg and cost me about $70 US. I think they give those out in cereal boxes these days

Hey the "I remember older technology than you" game :) I remember using computers with no hard drives at all. You just had two floppy drives, the big 5" ones, one for the program you where running and one for the operating system. I think that's as far back as I can go, I think it was an Apple II I'm remembering.

I started out with 4kb hard drive that was futuristic at the time and the standard 5" floppy of course. Now futuristic means I have a 2 TB hard drive, a blue-ray player, a 32x DVDRW, and for my mobile needs I use a 64GB USB thumb drive. OCZ has released a 1TB SSD which I may upgrade to soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody could ever possibly need more than 64K memory! Um, this is still 1980 isn't it? :roflmao:

Yeah, I still have working big and small floppy drives; I've just got nothing running that can actually use them :o I've also got a Zip drive and a couple tape drives I never tried that are gathering dust in boxes around somewhere I think. I haven't actually seen them in years- does that make me a hoarder? ;)

Bettypooh

Your nobody could need quote was actually uttered by Bill Gates.

I just got rid of my old IBM-XT. It had a 20 meg hard-drive, Seagate ST-225 and a 640K floppy drive. The OS was MS-DOS

I started out with 4kb hard drive that was futuristic at the time and the standard 5" floppy of course. Now futuristic means I have a 2 TB hard drive, a blue-ray player, a 32x DVDRW, and for my mobile needs I use a 64GB USB thumb drive. OCZ has released a 1TB SSD which I may upgrade to soon enough.

How does the sshd work out for you? Are they faster?

The manager computer my previous employer uses runs on Windows 95.

Better than Windows 98. I can't believe it became "normal" to reboot 10 times a day and do a totally new clean install every 3-6 months. No exaggeration there at all. Granted I use my computer constantly but when Windows XP came out it was amazing to me I could run my computer for a whole day without rebooting.

Better than Windows 98. I can't believe it became "normal" to reboot 10 times a day and do a totally new clean install every 3-6 months. No exaggeration there at all. Granted I use my computer constantly but when Windows XP came out it was amazing to me I could run my computer for a whole day without rebooting.

I never had any issues with Win98, but I did have issues with 98SE. Even WinMe never gave me issues. I had issues with XP until SP1, then those went away.

Just like I never had issues with Vista either, nor have I had any issues with Win 7 either. Usually the only times I have issues with Windows is when I upgrade a current PC to the newer OS(like I did for 98SE from a PC that came with Win98), otherwise I upgrade when I buy a new PC and have no issues

I would have big registry issues with Win98 and a lot of memory leaks. Even back then as a teen I was a big Photoshop user and a big downloader of stuff from usenet. Never got any viruses or anything, but moving a lot of stuff on and off the HD in Win98 seemed to really wig out the OS, disc fragmentation being the least of it. Photoshop was also extremely system intensive, especially back then, and if my machine wasn't running at 100% it became noticeable really fast. So constant reboots to clear memory and eventually the registry and disc where so messed up a clean install was easier than doing much of anything else. I'd always keep my OS on a separate physical drive from my files for that very reason.

I haven't used Vista or 7 so can only speak from what I have heard, which was basically a lot of bitching about Vista and a lot of love for 7. I use MacOS now but I don't have any issues with Windows or Macs so I don't want start any arguments. Both have their good and bad points and for me at this moment in time, Macs are easier to deal with for what I do on a daily basis. That's not to say they'd be better for anyone else either. Certainly if you play games at all, which I don't, Windows is the only way to go.

Screw nostalgia .... My mp3 player has enough music on it to listen to for 3 days straight and not hear the same song twice .... and I own all the CDs too. I love living in the future. I can put entire hard drives on something the size of a writing pen ... that's just awesomeness.

:P Yeah, I'm a dinoaur who loves aliens.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for all disc media to become as obsolete as CDs. I hate having all this crap laying around, particularly with DVDs/BDs and CDs which are just read only data storage. None of the benefit or romance of analog media like vinyl records.