LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For as long as I can remember, this has been a classic little girl sort of dress from toddler to even 18. It is the little girl equvalant of the onesie or footsie PJ "Dr.Denton" for about 2-1/2 year old and up For the older girl; 4 and up, it was a two-piece thing with a very full panty that looked like baby panties and the very high-waisted dress over it that was long and full enough to cover the panties but still get the idea across. They were not just for bedtime but could be worn for lounging or playing as they were fairly loose-fitting, sometimes frilly with a very visibly scalloped hem. about half-way to the knee

For more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babydoll

Today they have become either just long T-shirts or hdeously trollopy. The classic babydoll was made to be cute.In the 1960's there evolved the very high-waisted "babydoll dress" for little girls which was a dress with a waist just a bit below the arm but otherwise an ordinary dress. In the 1970's there came the "baby dress" which we call a "flyaway" that was so short that it did not cover the accompanying ruffled panties which had a paper thin, grainy plastic lining that felt like I do not know what, that was made to go with Pampers and not really good. I had the impression that it would tear if you looked at it sternly. I did not like these as they were not really dresses or babydolls since a proper babydoll goes half-way to the knee

This is ther best example I can find

post-27920-0-05342400-1329060108_thumb.j

I will add a picture of one of mine when the new ones come in

Actually, the more little girl ones were usually pastel solid or sometimes small print but this is the closest I could find

post-27920-0-05342400-1329060108_thumb.j

• 7 months later...

post-27920-0-54777500-1348975284_thumb.j

Here is another perfectly done babydoll, you will notice that it hides the panties but is short enough so that Christine has to be careful. It is a new babydoll. If you think you have seen it before, you have not. it is the same color and material as an older one except that this one is made with a full-circle skirt as you can see by the way it drapes Christine's little body and could be worn with a crinoline under it. As you can also see, her legs are spread out a bit. I wonder why she cannot close them well

post-27920-0-54777500-1348975284_thumb.j

Wow! Sounds like what I'm wearing right now. It is a black and white floral dress with black and white pin dot collar and hem ruffle. I made it with a split bodice (or yoke) so that the arm openings are also part of the top of the dress panels. The outfit comes above the knee but isn't extremely short...unless I bend over, that is. I have black tights on underneath it. Very comfortable way to lounge around on a day off.

• 4 months later...

Actually there are kind of unstated rules for babydolls since they were to look a bit infantile or at least suggesting a diapered condition

1.it is a matched 2 or more piece outfit, the basics of which are a kind of short dress (babydoll proper) and matcing or complementary, very full panty cut like baby panties of the 1950's and made of the same material as the babydoll. No bloomers or tights. In the mid '60's there was a kind of little girl's dress with the very high "waist" but of 3/4 to, or knee length that was called a "babydoll dress" but that was more for the cut than the actual item.

2. The "waist" is anywhere from just under the arms to the top of the breast in adult ladies and just above the nipples for little girls and the dress has some flair or pleat-like drape to it

3. The babydoll is short, about half-way to the knee

4. The babydoll covers the paanties front and back, it was used to teach little girls not to bend over to pick things up, which is bad posture anyway and other things about not letting their panties show

You have to look around on places like Ebay. and they are usually sized S, M, L, X. My panties were made for me special by the lady from whom I got the babydoll. You could look at the ebay seller pinksatinsecrets, What she has now is more sissy than LG. You may tell here that you got her name form Christine Daryleanne Paradise and you are interested in babydolls. There is another babydoll thread hear that has a picture of my bbdoll

Here is a continuation of this discussion