LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Where Do You Find Inspiration?

i have an unfinished storey called dyson sphere diapers, some parts of it im not very happy with, they just seem forced and a bit rubish, but on the whole i like the idea, i just cant seem to think of where to take it from here.

I find it much, much easier to write when I have an overall plan. What's your big finish? Sit down and think about where you want the story to END. Then you can step back and look at where it IS, and plot your course. Once you have a direction, and maybe a few significant stops along the way, it's easier to get into a flow, because the framework is already in place.

Now, there's no need to be rigid once you've drawn this course. One of the best dramatic moments of Naomi, her running away after the funeral, was completely improvised in a moment of inspiration, and altered the entire course of the story. I had to rebuild the "framework" to the end point once that happened, but even then, I knew basically what needed to get accomplished, so adapting to the new arch wasn't terribly difficult.

My trick is to come up with a basic plot: what is going to happen in the story. Then I choose characters' names and give personality traits to the main people. This, of course, is for the novels I write but could easily be applied to a story as well. I usually write a "biography" of the characters before I start the actual story and then build off that. Next, choose how the story will be told; first-person, third-person, or narrative (who is actually telling the story). I've used all styles. The hardest part of writing is to write for the reader and not just write something that you think is cool to read. Put yourself in the reader's position and ask yourself if it would be interesting to someone besides "you." Another trick is to write the story from the ending. If you know beforehand how the story will end, it might be easier to fill in the middle. Getting started is often the toughest part of writing. Starting at the end gives you something to work toward. (And it IS okay at times to end a sentence with a preposition like I just did). Also, read other people's work on a similar subject that you want to wriet and decide what you like and don't like about their work. Finally, I'm very strict when it comes to proper spelling and punctuation. That truly defines you as a writer. It shows that you know how to handle the language and that you care about your readers. I do make mistakes, but I attempt to proofread carefully and keep the errors to a minimum. Good luck--writing can be fun and rewarding.

• 9 months later...

i have an unfinished storey called dyson sphere diapers, some parts of it im not very happy with, they just seem forced and a bit rubish, but on the whole i like the idea, i just cant seem to think of where to take it from here.

I find inspiration in everyday things, like TV shows, the news, movies and other people's stories. Writer's block is a bitch, no two ways about it. It helps me to just walk away from the story and just do something else. The mind is an amazing thing and I know mine continues to churn on the story in a background process. I've not consciously thought about a story in days or weeks and get the urge to work on something. When I open the story back up, it is like I'd never stopped and pages and pages of story just spill onto the page like my brain and fingers had literary diarrhea.

I get my inspiration from other stories, picking elements I like and trying to implement a variant of them into my story and making sure not to include too many cliches, though in a genre as specific as "people too old to be in diapers wearing diapers" some cliches are unavoidable(e.g. The person has a fetish, is being punished, is incontinent, is forced to for some other reason, etc.).

Every writer has their own style. Some are simple stories with complex characters, some are complex stories with simple characters, some are simple stories with simple characters, and some are complex stories with complex characters. Some include lots of descriptive details, others are vague and undeveloped. It all depends on the style you're going for, but just remember - Too many details makes for a tedious read, but too few makes for a boring one.

My suggestion: Come up with a plot, read a few stories, pick one you like and emulate the STYLE of that story, but use your own plot.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

While the technique and everything can certainly help to increase productivity and reduce writer's block (writing the end first, having character bios, outlines, etc), it means nothing if you've got no source material.

• 2 weeks later...

I find inspiration in art and music. I find music helps me get around writers block, or when I'm fleshing out a new character. Also daily life and things I get interested in, and events on the news. Though I find I get the best story ideas when I'm busy at work or in the shower. I used to get good ideas whilst sitting on the porcelain throne. XD