LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pinning On Cloth Diapers

I'm curious how people go about folding and pinning cloth diapers. I use square terry cloth diaper, which I double up. I tri-fold the second soaker diaper, and then tri-fold the outer diaper over it. I pull the outside of the tri-fold out to create a wide single layer on the back (with the soaker in the middle). I then spread the front end out to create a complete covering.

As for pinning, and this is where my question is:

I used to pin the diapers straight across, with the bottom pinned as low as possible, and the high one pinned tightly around my waist.

Recently I changed, and started to pull the top of my bottom diaper toward my inner thigh. I then pin the edge of that top of the front part, which creates a fairly strong hold and comfortable diaper.

This is what I am put in and whati ti looks like

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=28199

I use a heavyweight bird's eye weave 36"x36" cloth diaper laid out flat (two together for night time) and add as many gauze inserts I suspect will hold my output and then while sitting in the middle fold the front corners about a third of the way in and then again back towards myself about an inch or so forming a trapezoid, so the waist band pinning area is 4 layers thick, then lying back on my back I pull the front left corner up to may waist above my hipbone and the back left corner up and over the front left and pin the layers together after pulling the diaper tight at the waist. Then repeat on the right side, again pulling tight before pinning together the overlapping diaper ends. Lastly, still on my back, I raise my feet and thread them through the leg holes of my plastic pants while pulling them on. I use only two regular diaper pins as cloth diapers do not need to be tight at the legs, only the waist.

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers

I avoid using "soakers". They put more material between the legs. That means it takes longer for the wet to seep away from that part of the body. I want the wet to get away from there as fast as possible, What then happens is that it comes up against my rubber panties, which are wetproof so it speads along the outside of my outermost diaper. This menas my diapers wet from the outside in and since there are equal layers of material all around instead of more between the legs, the wet is more evenly distributed. Ofteh the outside of my diaper is pretty wet but the inside is just damp. I have been in the same diapesr now for about 12 hours and it is getting time for a change which I will do after breakfast. Also soakers make the diaper fit more tighlty between the legs so it presses the wat material right against the body. If I were put in flats, I would probably be triple diapered. Well designed panties will accommodate that. Also my diapers are tight only at the waist. This lets air in between my body and the diaper. I am also heavily lotioned and powdered

I personally prefer pull-up cloth diapers, though I also have flat ones & velcro ones. The work every bit as well, and are more convienent. I also get better skin coverage inside my plastic panties. Plastic on bare skin is not comfortable.

I love square cloth diapers, but with a center soaker panel sewn in- that adds absorbency so I can wear longer and enjoy thickness between my legs :) I fold the front corners toward the middle, leaving the back full width, then pin tightly. Newbies need to remember to pin tightly as cloth often loosens a bit as you wear and wet. The squares also allow many different folds so find what you like and enjoy ;)

Bettypooh

Getting cloth diapers tight is one of the hardest things about them, especially if you don't have somebody to help you (like me). I'll sometimes have to do pin then twice (pin once, pin the the other side, than go back to the first side). Where do people put the most padding. Mine tends to be upfront.

Getting cloth diapers tight is one of the hardest things about them, especially if you don't have somebody to help you (like me). I'll sometimes have to do pin then twice (pin once, pin the the other side, than go back to the first side). Where do people put the most padding. Mine tends to be upfront.

Even with experience, pinning tight enough sometimes takes more than one try :whistling: I use the far-side thumb and forefinger to 'push' the front tight as the near-side hand pushes the back tight, then use the other fingers on the far-side hand to hold it all together while I pin as close to my fingers as I dare, then I do the other side the same way ;) One of the nicest things about cloth diapers is that you can fold them many ways to get them to be what you want them to be- you're not limited to someone else's idea of 'correct' as you are with disposables :thumbsup: Here's a couple links to different folds- note these these are NOT ABDL pages!

http://www.babycotto...per_folding.htm and http://www.diaperpin...ofdiapering.asp

You can google many more- there are about a dozen common ways to fold cloth diapers :girl_happy: and folds can be used to fit too-large sizes to your smaller body. I like extra padding in the middle which is why I sew mine with a soaker panel between an inner and outer layer, and the 'Standard' or 'Angel Wing' fold I use adds to the front where it blends in with my too-big protruding tummy better :blush: This cheap absorbent terrycloth soaker panel adds a lot to the capacity but it feels thick between the legs which not everyone likes as much as I do :D plus it help define where I need to fold which makes the job easier.

:groupwave: for cloth diapers!

Bettypooh

I use a standard fold.. With 3 44" square diapers, the first layer is flat, the second folded in thirds and the third folded in half and then half again.

I fold the sides over (this makes the entire diaper folded lengthwise in thirds), fold the top down to the length I need, fan out the back and then pin on w/ 1 pin each side. The front is thick where it is needed the most!

CDL