LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If Their Was A Cure, Would You Take It?

304 members have voted

1. 1. IF their was cure for being AB/DL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the Cure.

It's caused me a lot of grief and missed opportunities. This isn't a "fetish" for me. It's not like being a kinkster or gay, and I think it's ignorant as hell to compare it to that. Might be more true for the DLs, but for most ABs it's entirely different than a fetish. It's a personality issue; it's their self-image. People who partake in BDSM "Pony Play" don't actually SEE themselves as a pink leather pony, nor do they actually believe they are one deep down, or can closely relate to one. With ABs though, it's more like being a toddler trapped in an adult's body. It's more akin to Transgenderism than fetishism. Only instead of Gender Dysphoria, the disorder would for ABs would be called Age Dysphoria. So yes, I see it as an actual disease for me, and if there were a cure that would fix whatever the hell is wrong with me, I'd gladly take it. 

It's too hard to be a baby and an adult at the same time. I have to choose a path instead of feeling like I'm being torn into two different directions. Sure, there's been good times; being an AB has brought me a lot of joy, and in some ways has made me a better/stronger individual...but it's not worth it in my opinion; I'd gladly give it all back in exchange for being able to experience what it's like to feel normal. 

I never "got into this". I was born this way and have had to hide who I am and lie to people for years, pushing everyone away. ......It sucks ass, at the end of the day. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Little Johnny said:

It's caused me a lot of grief and missed opportunities. This isn't a "fetish" for me. It's not like being a kinkster or gay, and I think it's ignorant as hell to compare it to that. Might be more true for the DLs, but for most ABs it's entirely different than a fetish. It's a personality issue; it's their self-image. People who partake in BDSM "Pony Play" don't actually SEE themselves as a pink leather pony, nor do they actually believe they are one deep down, or can closely relate to one. With ABs though, it's more like being a toddler trapped in an adult's body. It's more akin to Transgenderism than fetishism. Only instead of Gender Dysphoria, the disorder would for ABs would be called Age Dysphoria. So yes, I see it as an actual disease for me, and if there were a cure that would fix whatever the hell is wrong with me, I'd gladly take it. 

It's too hard to be a baby and an adult at the same time. I have to choose a path instead of feeling like I'm being torn into two different directions. Sure, there's been good times; being an AB has brought me a lot of joy, and in some ways has made me a better/stronger individual...but it's not worth it in my opinion; I'd gladly give it all back in exchange for being able to experience what it's like to feel normal. 

I never "got into this". I was born this way and have had to hide who I am and lie to people for years, pushing everyone away. ......It sucks ass, at the end of the day. 

I know exactly how you feel and forms a large part of our books in that ABDL is for many people, not a mere affectation but a substantial and formative part of their identity. This is why the story of someone whose ABDL was completely removed was so compelling. check it out at www.abdiscovery.com.au in the articles section.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

I don't like to think there is a cure, because that makes the community sound as though it is a bad thing... I find the community more welcoming, relaxing and relatable than 'the vanilla community' so no I don't want a cure.

Yes I would take it, overall this fetish has given me more troubles than pleasure. It feels more like a curse than a blessing. I just have to deal with it.

• Like 2

I think it is poorly worded but I would. Diapers are expensive and bulky. They take huge amounts of resources and produce tons of waste. If it was easy and didn't mean suppressing something.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

DL and I would never take a cure to give it up. I love wearing nappies when I get the urge to. I love the whole process of getting to my stash and taking out a nappy and getting it ready to wear. ( unfolding it and fluffing it up). I get an enjoyable buzz from wearing and wetting. I would never want to stop, give up or take a cure.

If I had a cure I wouldn't need to visit the DD site anymore and I would miss you all on here. ???

• Like 2

Hello Everyone:

Someone once asked me if, the opportunity came along, would I want them to "cure me."  As many of you know, I have Cerebral Palsy, and have issues that I have had to deal with all my life, and because I love my life, and it is the ONLY life I have known, I would NOT be the @~Brian~ that many of you have come to know, love and respect.  I know nothing other than the life i have lived, and if I changed that, the whole thing by NOT having a disability, I would NOT have competed Elementary School, High School, College (A.S. and B.S. in Professional Studies: Business) and have the job I have now, or the opportunities that I have had in life.

Do I have things I wished I could do?  Sure:  I sometimes wish I was as nimble as my brothers, as ALL of them (Mike, Dan, Eric, James) have interests in sports, and have played Basketball for years.  I can't do that, but give me a computer and a project and a way to express myself, and I can do that very well:  I wish I could DRIVE, and travel more, but I leave the driving and all the headaches of maintenance, upkeep, inspections, registrations, licenses, tickets, and all that to THEM:  They are all safe drivers, and I have NO problem getting into a vehicle that they are driving. 

There are many things that we all wish we could do different, or times we wish we could go back into time, and relive our lives again, and do things differently.  I would NOT want to have to relive my disability again in '72. I say that, because there are a LOT of things that they used to do to kids like me, when they found out that we were disabled, that NO ONE would do today, and the technology today is better for people who need meds, prosthetic devices, braces, surgery and assistive technology, and back then, if you were incompetent or judged to be **ahem** "retarded" or "slow" they could lock you up in a facility and do whatever the hell they wanted with you, and the patient had NO say at all:  They could also subject you to labodomies and other things, like what happened to Rose Kennedy..........would I want that????  HELL NO!!

I agree with everyone who basically says:  Being an AB or DL or Little or having the feelings you have are NOT anything that needs to be "cured" because this is NOT a disease:  You CAN be who you are, and it does NOT mean that you are somehow in need of a psych eval or a stay in a hospital.  In fact, I think I could safely say that We either HAD these feelings and didn't know what they were, or WHY we had them back then, or we found that when we were little, we had no worries, or we use that as an escape from the world.  Who cares whether you decide to wear diapers, use pacis, or drink from bottles or sippys, or that you like that stuff.  As long as YOU are fine with it, and it is not done in an immoral or illegal way, and you are NOT hurting anyone by doing it, what is the harm in doing what you are doing?  being an AB means you are an ADULT baby, and not a child, and NOTHING about this fetish has ANYTHING to do with CHILDREN at all:  PERIOD.

I am a DL:  I am proud to say that I accept it.  I am also incontinent, and have made the choice to deal with it using diapers.  This makes sense to me, and I had been dealing with these "feelings" for 25 years, and I am NOT gonna change that:  The drive is THERE - WHY fight something you KNOW has been a part of you??

People have to understand that if you have the feelings that you do, it is NOT wrong to have them, and if you find appropriate ways to deal with them, there is nothing wrong with doing what everyone on Dailydiapers, who is a member, does every DAY:  In fact, it's kind of FUN to learn from others how they got here, and what they like, and learn more about who they are:  Also, without that acceptance, I would not have met all the nice people that I have met, and become a helpful and respected member here:  If people think that what we do is "wrong" than they may not understand why or what is going on, but as long as YOU do, that is all that matters, and YES, it is good to have an understanding spouse and friends like @DailyDi @Elfy@Emily Ruby Rose@Evelyn Dellcerro@Transfusionelleand others, who understand what is going on and why - I used to think I was crazy, weird, and other things, but I don't feel that way anymore, and that is because I have come to terms with what and who I am, and I am glad I am the way I am:  people think I may be crazy someday, but as Eve and Elle have said I am "Born to Be Wild" and i am not gonna change who I am:  I am who I am, and I am disabled, BUT the disability does NOT have me! 

Be PROUD of who and what you are, and don't WORRY about what other people think:  If you find their advice sound, take it, but if someone is giving you grief, you can use it as a moment to set the record straight, or answer any questions. 

Brian

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

Hello Everyone:

Someone once asked me if, the opportunity came along, would I want them to "cure me."  As many of you know, I have Cerebral Palsy, and have issues that I have had to deal with all my life, and because I love my life, and it is the ONLY life I have known, I would NOT be the @~Brian~ that many of you have come to know, love and respect.  I know nothing other than the life i have lived, and if I changed that, the whole thing by NOT having a disability, I would NOT have competed Elementary School, High School, College (A.S. and B.S. in Professional Studies: Business) and have the job I have now, or the opportunities that I have had in life.

Do I have things I wished I could do?  Sure:  I sometimes wish I was as nimble as my brothers, as ALL of them (Mike, Dan, Eric, James) have interests in sports, and have played Basketball for years.  I can't do that, but give me a computer and a project and a way to express myself, and I can do that very well:  I wish I could DRIVE, and travel more, but I leave the driving and all the headaches of maintenance, upkeep, inspections, registrations, licenses, tickets, and all that to THEM:  They are all safe drivers, and I have NO problem getting into a vehicle that they are driving. 

There are many things that we all wish we could do different, or times we wish we could go back into time, and relive our lives again, and do things differently.  I would NOT want to have to relive my disability again in '72. I say that, because there are a LOT of things that they used to do to kids like me, when they found out that we were disabled, that NO ONE would do today, and the technology today is better for people who need meds, prosthetic devices, braces, surgery and assistive technology, and back then, if you were incompetent or judged to be **ahem** "retarded" or "slow" they could lock you up in a facility and do whatever the hell they wanted with you, and the patient had NO say at all:  They could also subject you to labodomies and other things, like what happened to Rose Kennedy..........would I want that????  HELL NO!!

I agree with everyone who basically says:  Being an AB or DL or Little or having the feelings you have are NOT anything that needs to be "cured" because this is NOT a disease:  You CAN be who you are, and it does NOT mean that you are somehow in need of a psych eval or a stay in a hospital.  In fact, I think I could safely say that We either HAD these feelings and didn't know what they were, or WHY we had them back then, or we found that when we were little, we had no worries, or we use that as an escape from the world.  Who cares whether you decide to wear diapers, use pacis, or drink from bottles or sippys, or that you like that stuff.  As long as YOU are fine with it, and it is not done in an immoral or illegal way, and you are NOT hurting anyone by doing it, what is the harm in doing what you are doing?  being an AB means you are an ADULT baby, and not a child, and NOTHING about this fetish has ANYTHING to do with CHILDREN at all:  PERIOD.

I am a DL:  I am proud to say that I accept it.  I am also incontinent, and have made the choice to deal with it using diapers.  This makes sense to me, and I had been dealing with these "feelings" for 25 years, and I am NOT gonna change that:  The drive is THERE - WHY fight something you KNOW has been a part of you??

People have to understand that if you have the feelings that you do, it is NOT wrong to have them, and if you find appropriate ways to deal with them, there is nothing wrong with doing what everyone on Dailydiapers, who is a member, does every DAY:  In fact, it's kind of FUN to learn from others how they got here, and what they like, and learn more about who they are:  Also, without that acceptance, I would not have met all the nice people that I have met, and become a helpful and respected member here:  If people think that what we do is "wrong" than they may not understand why or what is going on, but as long as YOU do, that is all that matters, and YES, it is good to have an understanding spouse and friends like @DailyDi @Elfy@Emily Ruby Rose@Evelyn Dellcerro@Transfusionelleand others, who understand what is going on and why - I used to think I was crazy, weird, and other things, but I don't feel that way anymore, and that is because I have come to terms with what and who I am, and I am glad I am the way I am:  people think I may be crazy someday, but as Eve and Elle have said I am "Born to Be Wild" and i am not gonna change who I am:  I am who I am, and I am disabled, BUT the disability does NOT have me! 

Be PROUD of who and what you are, and don't WORRY about what other people think:  If you find their advice sound, take it, but if someone is giving you grief, you can use it as a moment to set the record straight, or answer any questions. 

Brian

You are perfect just the way you are brian and dont ever change !!! We all love you and respect you and stand behind you 110% !!! People here will never know your kindness, and some truly dont care. We care and we are your friends from New York and will always be your friends. You are a good man that has accepted you !! You are not crazy and never were !! And you of all people are not weird !! I am weird and I admit it !! I love to be weird and honestly I could care less what people think ! You were born to lead baby !! so take the world by the balls and be you !! All you can be !!  We all love you here !!! and you are always welcome !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 7:54 PM, triggernum2 said:

DL and I would never take a cure to give it up. I love wearing nappies when I get the urge to. I love the whole process of getting to my stash and taking out a nappy and getting it ready to wear. ( unfolding it and fluffing it up). I get an enjoyable buzz from wearing and wetting. I would never want to stop, give up or take a cure.

If I had a cure I wouldn't need to visit the DD site anymore and I would miss you all on here. ???

I feel the exact same way buddy! I would NEVER give it up! I love being a baby!!!!!!????❤️??️?❤️???❤️?❤️☺️

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Moochie said:

In addition to my June 13th post another cure would be for society to accept ABDL's.

@Moochie

yes, I agree that more people should be accepting of ABDL’s.  The problem is that because we are adults, I guess that there are people who still think that adults don’t wear diapers after they reach the age of potty training. We all know that’s a bunch of as judge Judy would say “a lot of who shot John“. People wear diapers for many reasons as has been stated all over the forms. I will not go into that just to say that people should be more excepting of people who decide to wear diapers for whatever reason. I have been lucky that I have had friends family members and associates Who accept the fact that I wear diapers.  

Unfortunately, society has its quirks: one day people don’t understand what’s going on, other days people may understand and except it, but society has “norms”, and while they take time to change, they do change. I mean, look at the situation with people who are gay lesbian or transgender: this used to be frowned upon very highly, but now it changes so that it is more acceptable.  As people have said in the past right here: a diaper is only a special kind of underwear, and whose business is it what you decide to wear as underwear? It is a choice, and a lifestyle, that most people do because they make it a way For them to be able to calm down or be able to enjoy whatever it is they do.

I am pretty lucky: because they have CP and because I use a wheelchair, I believe more people are excepting of the fact that I Wear and use.  So far, no one has really questioned me as to the reason that I wear or use, and it is none of their business. I have had friends all my life tell me that you do not have to tell every secret that you hold to everyone that you trust. There is just some things that you should keep between yourself and God, or whoever you look up to or worship.  My pastor says God knows everything, including what will happen to you in the future, as well as everything that’s happened in the past. He tells me that God will help you if you need him, and he has help me through a lot of different situations that I thought would never be something that I can handle myself. This is not a religious thread, it is just a reminder to me that God will be with you, and will help you make decisions that are very hard in some cases.

Yes, I wish there was a cure for some of the people who think they have to be involved in everything in your life. If people would be more accepting of situations like this, and would not use norms as their guide, things would be a lot easier to deal with. There is still “stigmas“ out there that say “Diapers are for babies“, and that means that once you reach the age of potty training, diapers are used, and then once you are done with potty training, diapers go away forever.

we all know that is false.  Diapers are used every day by many adults. Some of them go through the stigmas that are still burning our heads, where we have to use the toilet all the time instead of going in our pants or  our diapers:  if you do that, and use your pants for the diapers, this is shunned, and that is part of the problem: people using norms, and believing that diapers are bad for whatever reason, and this is false.

Hopefully, someday, more people will be accepting of us: there are a lot of things that make us each special individuals. In Star Trek 6: when Commander Uhara told Captains Kirk and Spock “ Sir, I have a message from Starfleet command: we are to put back to space dock Immediately, to be decommissioned” to which Captain Spock says “if I were human, I believe my response would be……..Go to hell”. It might take a long time for people to understand why we do what we do, but I feel that in some cases things are changing very slowly.

I too wish there was a day, and I look forward to that day, when we all can be proud of who we are and why we are the way we are, and we will not be judge simply because of a choice of underwear or a lifestyle. Wearing diapers is fun for most that are in the fettish anyway and have a reason for wanting to wear or needing to wear. It is not my Business why someone does what they do, but I respect everyone who is wearing are using diapers for whatever reason or whoever happens to be in the lifestyle. People have to understand that people are people, and the most popular people in the world Have had issues too.

someday, someday………

Brian

a "cure" or "fix" would imply that abdl is wrong or a disease that needs to be dealt with. with every interest, fetish and kink there is a give and take in the "vanilla" world to keep it under wraps. many fetishes are looked at cock-eyed and scrutinized by the (for lack of a better term) outsiders as out of the ordinary and odd. and yes, many are lol. but abdl doesn't harm anyone, it isn't illegal, and doesn't affect anyone else (if done properly and respectfully, like everything else). so why should anyone care?

• Like 1
On 10/12/2021 at 3:49 AM, diaperguy85 said:

a "cure" or "fix" would imply that abdl is wrong or a disease that needs to be dealt with.

I would rather define cure as a way to get rid of this diaper demon inside me that somehow forces me to make myself incontinent and wear diapers 50% of the time. I really don’t care whether or not society disapproves of my fetish. it’s just that it would save me a lot of money and embarrassment for my behavior in the other half of my life. 

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

As for now. Yes, having to constantly be hiding something I want to Express and indulge is horrible. If I could just make all the stress go away, I'd take it. But when I grow older and gain more privacy or surround myself with like minded people. Then I probably wouldnt

A cure for being an ABDL? Well, quite frankly, no. I may not like to show off my incredible love for diapers in public, but im honestly somewhat fine with my addiction for them. Everyone has something that could be considered weird to others, and this is that thing.

I would flat out refuse to be cured of being ABDL. That also goes for potty training as well. I would flat out refuse on both of them. I can never give up on being an adult baby because that’s my form of adulthood. Being permanently in diapers is my safety blanket from the stressful adulthood. It’s why I belong in diapers and I’ll never leave them no matter how hard they try.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@SoggyFroggy

5 hours ago, SoggyFroggy said:

I don't want a cure for this. I've harbored these feelings since childhood and it's become a part of my personality. A part of who I am as a person. I struggled throughout early-mid adolescence, trying to fight this, knowing that it's something society deems "weird" or "crazy." Later on, however, I knew this wasn't going to magically "go away." I had to accept myself, and when I did start trying to accept this part of me, I started feeling a bit better. Sure, I still struggle a little bit with accepting being a DL/AB, occasionally getting what I've dubbed "urge to purge" (based off of the term "binge-purge cycle", used to describe the cycle of shame that many ABDLs deal with), but I know not to listen to said urge, knowing that I will simply feel worse afterwards.

Embrace your feelings - Embrace yourself: there is nothing wrong with the way you feel, act, or wanting to wear diapers or use other equipment of the lifestyle.

You see - and that is part of what people don’t understand. There are people that don’t want to be “cured“ of this because of the fact that there are parts of this that people don’t understand/refuse to understand/refuse to get. When you have the feelings you have, it is quite hard to get rid of them, I mean they’re always going to be a part of you, and you will always be attracted to diapers or other parts of the lifestyle, and this won’t change. I don’t care how hard you try to fight it, it will be there 24 hours a day seven days a week 365 days a year from the time that you find out that you feel that way until you accept that that is the way you are. You can try to fight it and repress it and try to push it down like a bad pill, but it’ll still be there. It took me a long time to realize that it’s more than just liking the diapers – it’s the feelings that you are dealing with as well, the smells, the triggers, and other things that set you off – those never go away. The easiest way to deal with this is to finally come to an understanding that you “are what You are“ and there is no way to “get rid of“ these feelings that you were dealing with every day. It would be like being given an incredibly awesome tasting chocolate bar: you end up getting used to the feel, the smell, taste, texture, and other things that make that chocolate bar special to you. It sets off endorphins in your mind and in your brain, allowing your body to fully experience what you were going through at at the time. I can assure you that if you were a guy, and somebody puts a diaper on the floor, and it excites you, you will be “straight up“ and you won’t be able to do anything other than to experience the feelings that are elicited by somebody who is telling you that they are going to put a diaper on you, or they’re going to treat you like a baby, or they are going to “baby you“ for a while. Those experiences are autonomic which means that you do not have any control over them, and it is just a part of who you are if you are turned on that way because of a diaper or because of the triggers.  For many, it may feel good to them, and the body wants response, the body  wants the feeling………

to be honest, there is no real way to “get rid of“ the feelings that you are experiencing. Believe me, I’ve dealt with it since I was eight years old, and I would not want to get rid of such feelings. Imagine being in a situation where you have a nice soft plastic diaper crinkling and somebody decides to put it on you, treat you like a baby and go the whole route. I can guarantee you that things will flood back into your mind about how you felt as a baby or a young child, and that is why there are some people that simply like to be treated that way, because it allows them to be able to escape to a time when things are not or we’re not as stressful for them: a time when someone would take care of every aspect of your life for you, or make decisions for you, or take you to A place in your mind where you feel safest and more confident.

this is why I say there are more reasons to wear a diaper then just because you’re incontinent. There are some people that love diapers for the way they make them feel, or because they are adult babies or diaper lovers, and some of them are sexually turned on because of diapers or the equipment a baby may use. There is nothing wrong with this, as long as it is done In an appropriate manner, between consenting adults  diapers are more than just something to pee and poop in, but that’s what they are for, and there are people who use them every day, and who like them, and I’ve always liked them and the only thing that they have to do is come to a realization in their mind, that they need to accept the truth: I cannot do that for someone, because they need to make that decision themselves. My role is to assist someone by giving them advice as to how they may be able to proceed – but in the end it would be up to the person who is dealing with the situation.

@Kawaharu

There is no “cure for this“  you are who you are and what you are. The hardest thing that I think people don’t quite understand is that it is quite normal for somebody to make the decision that they want to wear diapers. The only thing that is a block in the way of that is that you have parents and caregivers who have drilled into our heads since we were about four years old that diapers are for babies and that is a bad thing, and we need to use the toilet to be able to release all of our Business. Remember how I said that there are some people who decide that they wish to wear diapers or act as an adult baby because it makes them feel good/because it helps them to function/because it makes them feel more confident? There are people who wear for a psychological or emotional reasons, and as I said there is no “Cure for this“ and even if there was, I bet you A lot of us would “refuse it“ and say “screw it“ I’m just gonna do what I think I want to do.

Diapers  are your safety blanket: no one is going to take those away from you, and everyone who is in your “family circle“ and your close friends all know of your choice. No one is going to take that away from you. Diapers allow you to feel safe and to function at the level you wish to function at.  Each of us has a reason for being who and what we are, doing what we are doing, or feeling the way we feel.  I think most of what it is is there is an emotional attachment to something that happened in our childhood that some people don’t want to lose, or they just don’t give up, and they remember those good times when they didn’t have to worry about a thing. If you are an adult baby and you’re in little mode, you don’t have to worry about too many things, until you hit adult mode again.

that’s what I think some people who are in the “negative camp“ don’t understand. When you have the feelings you have, they’ve always been there, and you question them from the time you feel it for the rest of your life. There’s nothing that you can do about it, except to think of yourself as “strange/weird/nuts“ but we are none of those three: we are human, and we have an attraction to something that is unique, that allows us to be who we are, or act a younger age, or to just let it all go. A diaper is designed for someone who is wearing it to be used, and its use is to “allow everything to come out“ feelings are things that you cannot fight sometimes, and the draw is extremely hard to fight. I would rather wear diapers for the rest of my life than to have to worry about the feelings the strange feelings that I’m always dealing with: at least when I’m wearing diapers I can deal with that feeling in an appropriate way and have fun while doing it. I’ve always stated that the best way to take care of a situation is to understand it, and sometimes it takes a long time for someone to come to the realization they are “diaper lovers, incontinent, adult babies, etc.“ Once you come to the realization that you are who you are then 95% of the rest of it is pretty easy to deal with. Once you get over the threshold and you know that you feel right with a decision, it makes a heck of a lot of difference.

if diapers make you feel good, or being an adult baby makes you feel good makes you feel accomplished and makes you feel relaxed, or the feelings that you are experiencing help you deal with your life as it is, then by all means enjoy it. No one is going to stop you from being who you are, and no one is going to tell you that the feelings that you were dealing with are not there. The only ones that know about the feelings I am talking about are the ones that have experienced them, or continue to experience them every day. I have chosen diapers because of my incontinence, but it also helps me with security, confidence, safety, and peace of mind. So what if I have to pee my pants? So what if I mess myself? As long as I have the necessary equipment to take care of it it should not be a major problem!

hold your head up high, and reach for the stars: many of us are very successful people, the only differences we decide to wear diapers or act as we feel when it is appropriate – or we like diapers. That’s why we’re all here – it’s just a matter of to what extent you wish to go/how far you want to go.

Long live the diaper!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Add additional Information
  • Like 2