LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tena Brand

Untill last month my second favorite brand was the Tena "Classic Plus" breifs sold here in America. Thick, with smooth plastic, that crinkles when it's all you're wearing, but almost disapears under clothing. Quite babyish as well.

Then one day I walked to the medical shop, and discovered that Tena eliminated the plastic cover. Now it has a clothlike cover and leakable, I mean breathable sides. I just hope Attends doesn't eliminate their plastic cover breif (waistband style,) which we all know they will. I saw a promo for the breathable attends, and it describes the plastic attends as the "old style." :angry:

Where I live, Tena slip is still made with a plastic backing (unfortunately) and only the tena flex is made with "cloth like" cover. On top of that, the plastic on the slip has changed to a much stiffer and very much more noisy type, that is heard, I think, evry time I make a transfer or shift weight. Fortunately though, I can usually go wtih the Tena Confort pads during day time, and in that way get around the problem, but I am still bothered by it, the days I need the extra protection. It is on days like that, one can almost say that I am happy to not be walking, like other pee ple..but only almost, I guess I would have found some other way to get around the problem if that was the case :)

• 2 weeks later...

I too have just recevied a bag of tena classic. I used to like these precisely because of the plastic backing but these new ones have the "cloth like" exterior. From what I understand this cloth exteriors does absolutley nothing as it still has a plastic lining underneath. I suspect they are for people who do not wish to be reminded that they are wearing diapers. Looks like I am going to have to get some plastic pants to get the old feeling back. Anyone have any comments on Protex "Big baby" pants?

Hi,

I was looking into the Tena Ultra briefs and wondered if anyone could give me a comparison between them and other briefs. How do they compare to depends? I currently use Abena Abri-Form Super briefs.

Thanks!

I hear ppl. saying the good and others saying they suck, I think you just have to give them a try, I wish they had some sort of pack with different brands to try, I heard the Abena have a good rep. but I think they all leak...

Hi,

I was looking into the Tena Ultra briefs and wondered if anyone could give me a comparison between them and other briefs. How do they compare to depends? I currently use Abena Abri-Form Super briefs.

Thanks!

One thing I've never understood is that Tena's Super briefs are more absorbent than their Ultra briefs. I never got that. Still, I often use their Ultras, and you can't beat them for discretion. If you want to wear in public and don't want to get caught, this is the diaper for you. The shell is that cloth-like cover, so that's completely silent, even if the tape landing zone isn't. But put some underwear or pants over them and you'll never hear it.

As for the absorbency, I'd say they're just a little better than Attends, if you've ever worn those. The Ultras are a good diaper. Not an X-Plus or anything, but reliable and not too thick. I like 'em!

-RMS

Hi RMS

I keep some of these for back up. What i dont like about em, is they dont have a good tape system, so as to keep em tight around my legs for containment. They do ok for a light day,(like in the summer).

But for a messy accident, there sure to leak on me.

Hey, Digger. I'm not someone who messes his diaper, so I haven't had the problem you've had, but I can understand it. Absolutely the best-fitting diaper for me is Attends. If they would just bulk those things back up, they'd have an outstanding diaper on their hands. I guess they just don't feel the need.

-RMS

It has been my experience that the Tena brand here in the U.S. is not even close to being as absorbent as the Abena X-plus. They also do not have standing leak guards like the Abena. I personally have trouble getting the tena to fit properly, and snug enough around my legs to prevent leaks, because they are shaped differently than most diapers. There are places out there that sell sample packs of various diapers, I would recommend that you get one of those, and form your own opinion.

Iowaincon

Hi,

Thanks!

I've worn the Abri Supers. By comparison the Tena Ultras don't hold as much however they are far more discreet. It's a very thin diaper and virtually silent, perhaps the quietest diaper I've worn (that goes for the heavier duty Tena Supers as well). Size wise they run a little smaller than the Abenas. Where I can get away with wearing a medium in an Abena, Molicare or Mega care line, the medium in the Tena is just a tad too small.

A diaper you may want to consider very seriously (if you haven't tried it yet) is the Molicare Super (not the super plus but the super). The Molicare Super is between the Tena Ultra and Abena Abri-form super in terms of noise (leaning more towards the Tena than the Abena) and it holds a lot more than either of them (it can even be worn as a night time diaper although the Molicare Super Plus is more desirable for night time "accidents"). Unlike the Tena, the Molicare has a leak guard.

• 3 weeks later...

I know the only place you can buy the Tena Slip Maxi's are in the Europe, so I was woundering what is the least expensive company to purchase them from and have them shipped to the USA?

I know the only place you can buy the Tena Slip Maxi's are in the Europe, so I was woundering what is the least expensive company to purchase them from and have them shipped to the USA?

medisave used to be the best prices when I was in the states..don't know if that is still the case

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give feedback on the Tena Super {Overnight} diapers?

Currently I use Attends and Molicare at night along with a Huggies size 5 overnights with these diapers.

I'll use Attends during the work week and Molicare during the weekend when I can sleep a little more. Sometimes when I feel I might soak my Attends I'll add an Attends pad along with the Huggies.

So I'm looking to replace the Attends, mostly because PaperPak really sucks now with customer service. When I called in October it was suggested that I try some of their other products. After two more calls and an e-mail I never heard back from them, screw them I'll take my business elsewhere, so that is where I am now. I like the cosmetic part of Attends with the full cut and white plastic, unlike the horrible green and paper like backing of the Tena Super.

Anyway since I have diaper trained myself I need to find a really good diaper and try to keep the cost in consideration. I choosed Tena Super based on Magic Medical website stating they were better than Attends but less absorbent than Molicare.

Thanks,

Phil

Hey, Phil. I have always liked the Tena Super, but I'm also not married to the plastic cover like so many. I like the cloth-like cover on the Tena because it's so quiet and would allow me to wear a diaper under loose clothing without detection. They have a tape landing zone in front, which makes refastening the tapes easy, and the absorbency is very good--a good deal better than Attends.

One of the more interesting things about the design of the Super is that there is considerably more padding in the crotch than anywhere else in the diaper, so the bulk is less obvious, but if you point your penis down, it really helps absorb more. Also, the crotch is wider than most diapers, which makes for a deeper "cup" to hold the pee--a good thing since, as I recall, they don't have standing guards.

The Super is a reliable diaper, even if the color and cover are turn-offs for you. But if you're looking for a diaper that'll hold a lot and can go undetected, this is a great one.

-RMS

Irecently set up an account with HDIS because I was tired of depends and attends> I am trying attends now (have 2 cases to go through) and they are GREAT!! I asked for 2 cases because that is how many depends or attends I go through in a month but I haven't even used 2 packs of tenas and it has been 2 weeks. The only down fall is they don't have a waist band so I have wet the bed a couple of times but if you put under wear over top of them that helps.

Thanks RMS and t baby,

Aren't these diapers though lacking padding on the sides?

Phil

Hey, Phil. I have always liked the Tena Super, but I'm also not married to the plastic cover like so many. I like the cloth-like cover on the Tena because it's so quiet and would allow me to wear a diaper under loose clothing without detection. They have a tape landing zone in front, which makes refastening the tapes easy, and the absorbency is very good--a good deal better than Attends.

One of the more interesting things about the design of the Super is that there is considerably more padding in the crotch than anywhere else in the diaper, so the bulk is less obvious, but if you point your penis down, it really helps absorb more. Also, the crotch is wider than most diapers, which makes for a deeper "cup" to hold the pee--a good thing since, as I recall, they don't have standing guards.

The Super is a reliable diaper, even if the color and cover are turn-offs for you. But if you're looking for a diaper that'll hold a lot and can go undetected, this is a great one.

-RMS

Phil, don't they all lack padding on the sides? I don't think these have any less or more padding on the sides than any others. Then again, I really don't pay much attention given that I really only use them for "recreation" and would never wet while in bed, which is about the only way I can imagine that matters.

Sorry, I really don't remember much more detail than that.

-RMS

Hi,

Yeah I would say they all lack the proper padding on the sides but I thought through the illustration that it seems to be less side padding compared to the Molicare and Attends.

Since I'm tucked in downwards I guess that the side leakage will only be a concern if I'm on my side and heavily wetting.

I'm so happy that I trained myself to need diapers and move this towards to a lifestyle. Hopefully the Tena's will be able to handle more wetting along with the Huggies.

Bye,

Phil

Phil, don't they all lack padding on the sides? I don't think these have any less or more padding on the sides than any others. Then again, I really don't pay much attention given that I really only use them for "recreation" and would never wet while in bed, which is about the only way I can imagine that matters.

Sorry, I really don't remember much more detail than that.

-RMS

:roflmao: What a dumb A** I am LOL, I MEANT to say that i am trying TENAS now, NOT attends!! The Tenas are wonderful, attends suck!! I have 2 cases of tenas that i am trying out now. Sorry about that phil, I have been going through a lot of stress in past 2 weeks, a niece and now an uncle passed away.

Sorry about your losses.

Thanks for the help.

Phil

:roflmao: What a dumb A** I am LOL, I MEANT to say that i am trying TENAS now, NOT attends!! The Tenas are wonderful, attends suck!! I have 2 cases of tenas that i am trying out now. Sorry about that phil, I have been going through a lot of stress in past 2 weeks, a niece and now an uncle passed away.

Just got my samples today of the Tena Super. Nice and thick!

I'll be wearing one tonight with a Huggies overnight. I'll give my thoughts tomorrow.

Bye,

Phil

Can anyone give feedback on the Tena Super {Overnight} diapers?

Currently I use Attends and Molicare at night along with a Huggies size 5 overnights with these diapers.

I'll use Attends during the work week and Molicare during the weekend when I can sleep a little more. Sometimes when I feel I might soak my Attends I'll add an Attends pad along with the Huggies.

So I'm looking to replace the Attends, mostly because PaperPak really sucks now with customer service. When I called in October it was suggested that I try some of their other products. After two more calls and an e-mail I never heard back from them, screw them I'll take my business elsewhere, so that is where I am now. I like the cosmetic part of Attends with the full cut and white plastic, unlike the horrible green and paper like backing of the Tena Super.

Anyway since I have diaper trained myself I need to find a really good diaper and try to keep the cost in consideration. I choosed Tena Super based on Magic Medical website stating they were better than Attends but less absorbent than Molicare.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

Okay last night I put one on with a Huggies stuffer. I love the plastic landing strip for the tapes, this tape system works great. No worry about re-positioning the tapes or just tearing the plastic.

Last night I drank a lot of water and was surprised this morning to find that I didn't wet that much. Anyway today has turned into a snow day so now I can wear my diaper longer. As mentioned before, on weekends when I can wear a diaper longer in the morning, I'll wear a Molicare with a Huggies. Right now I have plastic pants on as I usually do in case of wicking from sitting. Currently my diaper is significantly wet and I'll test it till failure :)

Again as mentioned earlier, I love white plastic! But then I'm very excited. Over a year and half ago I diaper trained myself to need diapers at night time. So I have transfered this fetish to a lifestyle, it's a strong enough desire/need that I'll continue to me diapered even though the Tena is a cloth green cover. I want to spend the rest of my life needing diapers at night time. I've expanded my desire/need during the day and one benefits of getting older is the sometime assumption of accepatance that diapers might be needed to some.

Anyway getting back to the Tena Super, the other advantage of this tape system is that in the morning while sitting the leg tapes don't start popping like Attends.

I am concern about only having 2 tapes on each side. I like to get a tight fit around the legs to prevent leaks, with the Tena I can't, but they do have nice elastic around the crotch. Also one downside to cloth-like backing that I don't see mentioned is that when laying on a bed protector, I can't slide around the same way I can with plastic.

Bye,

Phil

Just got my samples today of the Tena Super. Nice and thick!

I'll be wearing one tonight with a Huggies overnight. I'll give my thoughts tomorrow.

Bye,

Phil