LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do We Smell After Going # 1?

not sure if this has been asked, i scrolled tried finding it but didn't.

i have problems with controlling my urine, sometimes my BM but mostly my urine.

I am wondering though, if I don't change right away because my diaper can hold more than one wetting (wearing tranquility ATN) can other people smell it?

I have been around people and they would let out a sniffing noise, but i asked what's wrong and they say "nothing" so I don't know if they smell me or not. They might just have the sniffles and I am paranoid

if they are able to, what kind of things have you done to mask it?

In a word, yes, in all forms. There is a common myth that fresh urine doesn't smell, but actually, we are mentally unaware of the smell of fresh urine. Urine has a unique aroma and is the smell of same that attracts the opposite sex. What is on ones skin is a huge collection of bacteria, and it it the bacteria's breakdown of the urea within urine that starts to assault ones nostrils.

Within a diaper, the modern adult disposables, urine is locked away with other chemicals to reduce the speed bacteria break it down and release the urea and associated aroma. However, depending on the ambient air / room temperature, the urine will be broken down and begin to reek.

The 'fresh' smell of urine is an aphrodisiac, and because it causes certain neurons to fire in relation to the smell, some people may not notice yours while others may be sensitive to same. Females are usually more sensitive to the smell than males.

There are two ways to avoid the urine smell -

1 - Use a barrier cream / diaper rash cream > it reduces the bacteria level on ones skin, reduces the speed the remaining bacteria can break down the urine, and also masks the scent of fresh urine.

2- Use disposable diapers - they have a lock away core & odour neutralizer which also reduces bacteria and associated smell.

3- Wear decent plastic pants - more layers for smell to penetrate

4 - Keep diaper area clean - sweat / urine on stale sweat in a warm environment causes same to evaporate - and bring smells with them. Also reduces available bacteria and urine breakdown speed

5 - Drink enough water, but avoid false sugar / flavour drinks. Artificial ingredients within drinks tend to be filtered out of the bloodstream, and end up in the urine.

Simply, treat yourself with the same care and attention a loving / caring mother gives to her baby.

• Like 1

In the past i would have long days and lack of opportunities to change so i would have odor issues... i even had a few "sit downs" with s few supervisors that all assumed i had Bad BO.... I learned to never go more than 6hrs before a change.. drink more water and that really solved those awkward moments that other can smell. had have not had a issue in a few years...knock on wood....

I am wondering though, if I don't change right away because my diaper can hold more than one wetting (wearing tranquility ATN) can other people smell it?

I have been around people and they would let out a sniffing noise, but i asked what's wrong and they say "nothing" so I don't know if they smell me or not. They might just have the sniffles and I am paranoid

if they are able to, what kind of things have you done to mask it?

Unless your urine is very concentrated (your not drinking enough), your eating foods that can cause your urine to have a strong smell (asparagus is the first that comes to mind) or you have a UTI then I doubt anyone would notice unless you went a long time without changing.

You probably notice a smell long before anyone else notices. I'll give you an extreme example. I am currently in a rehab facility and cath into a tray for the nurses to measure before they dump it out. I know my body and what my urine should smell like. I will notice it's smelling stronger than normal and let the nurses know. Most of the time they didn't notice anything (even when holding the tray up at eye level to see how much I voided) although it smells a lot stronger to me.

Keep in mind that this is when the urine is obviously there and everyone knows it. In the situation you describe how many of the people you are worried about actually even know you are wearing any type of protection at all? The very last place their minds would probably go is that a smell (if they even notice one) is coming from you.

Personally, I think you are just being a bit paranoid. Try drinking more water to dilute your urine if you are really worried and stay away from foods that could make your urine smell stronger.

Thanks so much for all the advice and information :)

I am pretty sure people don't notice actually. I had a midterm and write in a separate smaller room because of my anxiety (only about 5 students write in there). I only have problems with urine incontinence, and I should have changed before my midterm but had ran out of time, arrived late and I knew my diaper could still hold more.

Went through my midterm without any leaks or anyone making any reaction to how i may "smell" I am pretty sure that shows if there was any smell it was very minor considering how wet i was by the end of the midterm :)

I use Tranquility ATN, which apparently had some kind of peach mat thing that gets rid of the odour (too bad it does not smell like actual peaches lol)

I tend to drink mostly water over any other fluid anyway, it's way healthier :)

Thanks again, this has given me much more confidence.

I am fully incontinent and wear diapers 24/7 changing them 3 or 4 times around 24 hours. For odour and wet protection I always use a rubber pant.

Personally I have the feeling that smelling  from my person does not exist but I asked several times my daughter which is a nurse, wether she smells something when we are together or at my home. She every time told me "no matter at all".

I am fully incontinent and wear diapers 24/7 changing them 3 or 4 times around 24 hours. For odour and wet protection I always use a rubber pant.

Personally I have the feeling that smelling  from my person does not exist but I asked several times my daughter which is a nurse, wether she smells something when we are together or at my home. She every time told me "no matter at all".

Kootzkoo, one thing I noticed when I was using the Tranquility ATN brand earlier this year is that right after I wet, there was a kind of sweet smell that I knew for sure was coming from my diapers. It didn't really smell like urine, and I didn't think it was really all that strong, but I did definitely notice it several times right after I wet at work. Usually went away in a few minutes. This could be what other folks are smelling...its not a normal body smell, which could be what attracts their attention.

Aside from that, what everyone else said, make sure you're drinking plenty of water (8+ glasses a day) and you change regularly (don't sit around even in wet diapers for overly long), and there shouldn't be that much of an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

also drinks that detox like the vitiman water xXx drink, i noticed since it is an antioxidant drink, it makes your pee smell funny and very strong.

I have found that if I rub a deoterant on the out side of my diaper it helps with any smells, also I found on ebay this oil, called fresh diaper sent, its the same scent as baby diapers, I put a drop on a cotton ball and rub that on the out side of my diapers, gives a nice scent that women like as it brings that baby smell, the baby diaper smell alot of women now and i found it is a relaxing scent to women how have had kids.

• 4 years later...

My wife lets me know discretely if I start to smell noticeably. She says I do smell slightly of urine most of the time now as do most of the people she looks after who are incontinent and wear nappies 24/7

• 1 month later...

If you've ever looked at a pic of (any color) human hair, well-magnified, you've seen how it resembles a branch of a Monkeypuzzle tree. Granted, the actual size ranges from 0.003-ish to 0.007 inch thick but all those tiny nooks & crannies are still quite real.

The same for armpit hair. Hair tends to soak up moisture like a sponge and I do believe that 90% of odor comes from this. I try to keep shave everywhere because at least in my case it makes a HUGE difference. Most of the time I can get by without even using deodorant.