LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Pants .............Yes Or No

rubdl49

I wear plastic pants over my disposable diapers at night as a back up for leak protection.

alos growing up my parents couldn't always afford disposables so I also wore cloth diapers and plastic pants.

:smiley-baby-boy:

I am a 50 yr. old DL and I love plastic pants. I wear the new fangled disposable diapers and due to the heat generation of plastic pants I usually wear them during the winter months only intermittently. I love the look of them the feel of them and the smell of them. I would enjoy wearing cloth diapers but I can't diaper myself, I guess through the lack of coordination on my part. Plastic pants over disposables seem like a good match to me.

Cant see the point with plastic pants

If u need them, u better get a better diaper and/or put a booster in it

Never had any issues when wearing tena slip maxi (euro version)

Many of us were predisposable babies and waterproof pants were a necessity with cloth diapers. I still prefer cloth diapers and the plastic panties are necessary. Additionally, disposables usually have no absorbent material on the sides. I am a side sleeper and like the added protection of the plastic panties. Finally, there is a feel of having plastic panties that I like. I think age and what we were raised with are the largest point as to seeing plastic panties as useful or not.

I wear plastic pants over the cheaper disposable diapers and its a must when you put a couple stuffers in even the good older attends

Many disposable diapers can and will split across your bottom and dump the filler down your leg.

With the plastic pants you do not have to worry when doing this like getting into and out of cars that the diaper will split.

I wear tarry undies over the disposable with 2 stuffers and plastic pants over the tarry undies at night so that i can pee at least 3 times without leaking.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. My take on it is, a disposable should work well enough on it's own but that isn't always the case. Cloth backed disposables that wick to the outer layer, sometimes over wetting without realizing it, pin holes in the outer cover, tears, rips, loose tapes, plus the fact that plastic pants are said to help reduce odor. Yes, a booster will help, but sometimes you just don't want to use a booster! Sometimes I just like the feeling of wearing a disposable diaper all by itself, other times I like plastic pants over it. Sometimes I wear thin Priva plastic pants, other times thicker and bigger plastic pants that are more secure. I think it's all about your own preferences and whatever mood you are in at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Definite thumbs up to wearing plastic pants. I have about 6-8 different pair, and wear over my diaper every night to bed. SOmetimes, they do their job, and prevent leaks, other nights, I pee too hard and they let wetness out the back, still I know if I did not wear them, the whole bed would be wet. I like the way they feel, and sometimes, just wear a pair like underwear for the fun and feeling of it. Why not? At least it's not illegal...yet. Pretty soon, the government will probably make it illegal to wear diapers without a doctor's prescription, then hire Diaper Patrol officers to make sure you are not wearing a diaper unless you are licensed!

I am Incontinent and mainly wear cloth diapers Ultimate 3's from Angelfluff and now that they are back on the market after a way too long absence true Rubber Pants from Babykins i just put a bulk order in yesterday to both companies for those products as well as long sleeve onsies and snap crotch Golf shirts ( its really a good looking Golf shirt that has a business end ,a onsie who could ask for more) but in all honesty if you like plastic pants try Rubber they are the original waterproof pant for over a diaper and a completely different experience than plastic.

Nappy

Just to reiterate what I said before, don't count out plastic pants if you wear disposables. The piece of mind alone is worth it and if they're somewhat tight fitting they also offer a lot of additional support. I sometimes still go without the ultra-flex pants I got from fetware but I feel so much more at ease and comfortable with them on.

• 2 weeks later...

I like em... but they really make me itch at the legs. I've tried lotion, powder, whatever...and it still freaking irritates me. Any suggestions?

Have you tried different types? They're not all the same. The nylon backed PU pants from XP Medical are super uncomfortable, unwearable even. The ultraflex pants from fetware are totally different. Much softer elastic and the material they're made from is very comfortable. I find the ones with enclosed elastics slightly more comfortable since the urethane is much smoother than the material of the elastic overing. I've tried the vinyl pants from fetware as well and while the elastics are just as comfortable they cause me to sweat almost immediately on putting them on.

I wear many different types, depending on the mood I'm in. The one's I seem to wear the most are from ACD - their snap on are more comfortable during the day and summer when it is hot out. However, their pull ups are very comfortable over a cloth diaper at night. I have several pair of the polyurathane from Fetware which are about as good as they get and very "tough" Once and a while I wear real rubber pants over my diapers especially my cloth diapers at night which I find control leaks very well. With cloth diapers covering is a necessaty and wearing plastic pants over my disposable diaper which gives another level of confidence that if the diaper leaks then it won't show. I generally put a cloth baby diaper on the outside of the disposable before pulling up or snapping on my pants over everything. Makes for a very secure feeling.

I never tried them. It's just something that never really made an Impact on me where I wanted to get them. I think that it takes away from the child like aspect since I didn't wear them as a baby. Well maybe not take away from it but rather doesn't contribute anything for me personally in that way. It's fine with me if some people enjoy them and I don't think they are ugly or anything but I like the simplistic natural diaper.

I use a Secure X-Plus diaper which can hold several wettings :whistling: , so I noramlly don't need plastic pants. But when i wear for extended periods, or getting close to full. I will put some plastic pants on for extra leak protection. I alway use plastic pants with my diaper for my special # 2 moments :) , it helps contain any blow-outs and cuts the odor down a little.