LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Temp Incontinence

Hello everyone, I am new on this site but wanted to share this news with the right group. A little about me, i am in my late 20's and wanted to be a bed wetter for quite some time. When I was in college I was very good friends with a guy ( names omitted ) who became a Urologist. He is in the western PA region. Anyways, I heard about the new proceedure using Botox to cure overactive bladders, or in certain areas of the muscle in the bladder area, relaxes the sphinctor muscle to help void more fluid. I was a little to embarrassed to tell him the real reason I wanted to do this, so I told him that I was doing research and wanted to write a paper ( since I am going for my masters) on daily life dealing with incontinence. It took a little persuasion, but he did perform the 4 minute process. It was slightly uncomfortable, they actually go into the bladder, and with a small camera and a catheter looking needle inject small amounts of Botox in specific areas. Since this wasnt what this process was designed to do, he tried a small dose, removed the instrument and waited about 20 minutes. I noticed little to no leakage. He applied the lubricant to the cath and did it a second time, this time I felt a pinch or two. Once he removed his equipment, the results were instant. He gave me some antibiodics, and instructed me to drink lots of fluids to prevent infection. He gave me a few condom catheters to get me home, so I stopped at the local grocery store to buy a pack of depends. Once I got home I pitched the cath's,,, this proved to be a big mistake. When drinking lots of fluids, it doesnt take long to go thru a pack of diapers, when I got down to the last few I drove back to the store to get more, but leaked out the side while driving. What a mess. I got a little frustrated, went home and changed clothes and a new depends, now down to one. Bought 2 packs until I could mail order at a better price. The process worked a little too well, I have a constant dribble that wont stop, the part that freaks me out is when I want to pee in the toilet, I cant. I cannot relax a muscle I cant feel or control. Needless to say, I am so glad this is a temp situation. He said it will last 3 to 5 months. I am not sure that I like this situation I got myself into, it was cool the first 5 days or so, now a cant wait for June. I have had 4 accidents at work, I actually went back and got some more condom cath's for when I am at work. They dont stick all that well, so I wear depends underwear with them. The adheasive is really starting to bother me, I may have to try something else. I will keep you updated with my progress, I have a couple more sites to post,,,,,,,,

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Personally I love diapers and diaper wearing. I even go out in diapers. However I respect my continence as well. Surgery like you mention seems very extreme to me and as you're finding out incontinence is not what you thought it was. My suggestion is to write up your experiences and get it published. Honestly, how many twenty somethings have gone through what you're going through and they don't have a choice. Maybe you can help others by summarizing your experiences.

Good luck and take care!

dw

Hello, I back with a small update. I have learned alot in the last couple weeks. At first, I made only un-avoidable stops out in public. I was only going to work, which I pretty much am alone 7 hours out of 8, and then going home. This has been very hard to adjust to with just limited time in the general public. I have been going out a little more, to the stores, the mall and even the movies once. I have found myself wearing baggy clothes, and I am constantly thinking people can tell that I am wearing protective underwear or briefs. Especially when I purchase the briefs at the store, I try to find the clerk that looks the least concerned with what I am buying. I have tried 3 different types of briefs, all seem to bunch up between my legs when I do any small amount of walking. This is proving to be quite uncomfortable. I have tried the underwear from depends, but they do not hold up to the level that I constantly leak. They do make less noise though. I have even tried the boosters, that buys me more time between changes, but seems to make a noticable "giant" bulge. One thing I havent been able to do so well is change in a public restroom. I put one foot on the toilet, remove the old brief, but while I am getting the new one in place I drip on my jeans and shoes. This is a little frustrating. I am open for any suggestions. Another hard lesson learned, stop fluid intake about an hour before bedtime. I am kinda hooked on diet pepsi and diet coke, and I made the mistake of drinking a couple classes while watching late tv,,, BAD MOVE !!! I woke up soaking wet, and I pretty much ruined my couch. It even went down between the couch pillows which are not removable,,, Another thing I learned the hard way,,, I sleep on my side alot, and it seems no matter how well I put on the overnight briefs, I leak out the side. I did learn that I wear a pair of regular underwear over the brief. It seems to hold everything a little closer to my body,,,, havent leaked yet. Well I must be going,,, suggestions are needed please....

Ohh and another thing,,, I wanted to go out this weekend for St. Patrics day with a few friends. Of course, you cant go out with out having a couple drinks. I didnt think this would be a good idea considering the situation I am in right now, but somebody on another site recommended that for the night to try a Foley cath. They Said that with a large leg bag would pretty much eliminate any embarrasing situations. So I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask,,, well when I asked I got a quick and stern NO! He said that the lack of feeling in the shpinctor could allow the cath to damage my bladder. Well there goes that idea, I am not ready to try drinking yet, I can only imagine the mess I would get myself into.

Well does seem like a good idea for someone wanting to go all the way. I don't think that is for me. I wouldn't mind trying it for a week and a half to two weeks(vacation time). But that is about it. Please keep us up to date on your progress it seems to be a wealth of information that we are learning.

Plus you probably need to start buying diapers by the case and then order ahead.

Baby Mark

Hello, me again. I am back with a quick update. Well, started ordering by the case thru HDIS. They seemed to bave the best rating according to a couple different web sites. This is getting quite expensive. I didnt realize that I would use so many briefs thru out the day. If I try to use less, its gets uncomfortable, almost aggravating. Speking of aggravated, my girlfriend who was very supportive was ok with all of this up until the past weekend. We had a rough weekend. We tried the whole" get intimate " thing for the first time since this all began,,, well lets just say not good. She was too concerned about getting dripped on, or wet, so it kinda ruined the mood. It didnt help matters the following night she got all wet from a severe leak. Lets just say shes not as supportive as I thought. I think things would be a little different if this wasnt intentional. I also think she is a little bothered by the fact that I havent gone out much. She says,,, and I believe she is right on this,,,, if I dont go on with everyday life then how am I truely going to learn. So this weekend, we are planning a 3 day trip to South Carolina. I am a little nervous about this. Not exactly sure what to do once I get to the beach. I dont think its warm enough to swim, but I guess I dont know how I would if I wanted to,,, any suggestions???? Oh and another issue that really made me nervous,,, I was emailed yesterday by a gent in New York that gets injections for OAB. He said that he is about to go for his third time and it works great. The part that worried me just a little is he said that the Botox lasts about 8 to 9 months. I am not sure that I wanted to try this for that long. I am going to call the Urologist tomorrow and see. He initially said approx 5 months. Well I gotta go,,, I will check back. Johnnee

Fantastic post. I commend you on the experiment, and am glad you are keeping us up to date on the happenings. I dont know why, but I want to try this and am jelous of you, but I know I will regret it after the first few days. I am really looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

As far as the suggestions, I cant offer any. I havent been involved long enough for any great lessons learned.

Good luck on your adventure.

EDIT:What other sites are you posting this on? I would love to read what others are saying. Thanks...

I'm sure your experiment will prove greatly helpful to any and all considering losing continence. I'm sure it will make a lot of people think twice before going through with it. You're giving everyone on this end an inside look at what incontinence is REALLY like, even to someone who wants it. Good job, and I'd love it if you'd keep posting updates!

Hello everyone,

I am back with a quick update before my weekend trip. I am going to leave in a couple hours. I prefer to drive at night. Well this week has been ok, a little uncomfortable though, I seem to have a bit of a rash that is a little red. I am not sure if I am changing enough, or my skin just isnt used to the moisture all the time. This could make for a rough ride. Speaking of the ride, this will be a new challenge for me. Over nine hours in a car might be a little rough. My biggest problem is when I travel I drink diet coke/pepsi alot. My girlfriend is pretty excited about the trip, it has kinda taken her mind off of my situation a little. She has even offered a suggestion or two. That tells me she is adjusting a little. I was checking a site or two on incontinence, somebody had the idea of putting an underpad on the seat and then placing a seat cover over it to hold it in place. I went and picked up a cheap pair of seat covers for the trip, I have noticed that when I am driving these briefs, ( I am taking the Molicare and the Depends), tend to be very loose on the inner parts of my legs, they tend to leak very easily there. Jeans seem to hold them a little tighter, even though sweats are more comfortable. I have ruled out a brief or two, the Tena's and Attends. Neither seem to keep the surface dry as well as the Molicare's or Depends. Speaking of moisture, after I got out of the shower today, I sat on the toilet for about 40 minutes reading the paper, enjoying the coolness and the dryness of not having on that hot, damp diaper. Its like wearing heavy shoes and working your tail off all day then sitting on your couch, kicking your shoes off and letting your feet breath and strech. I actually would have liked to sit there a little longer but I had things to do. Oh, and another thing, I also read that if you are going on a long trip, you should several hours before, drink lots of water. I know this sounds crazy, and that was my first thought to, but I guess it makes sense. If you are going to be sitting close quarters with someone for a long period of time, you do not want a fowl odor around. If your body is dehydrated, your urine has a stronger odor. I did find this to be true a few weeks ago. I figured if I didnt drink as much I wouldnt leak as much. This proved to be partially true, but the smell was much worse and seemed to be more harsh on my skin. I think my girlfriend is kinda getting used to this, I think if she had to smell urine for that long that would definatley change her mind. Well, I will write back on monday and let you know how it went.

Johnnee

Plastic pants have never done be any good with disposables on. I don’t know all the different brands of diapers that you have tried, however, I would strongly consider using some with the added leak guards. I know the Wal-Mart brand diaper has then along with depends. I know the secure plus is a good diaper for not leaking for me, but you will feel the wetness of the diaper. I also like the abriform super plus is a great diaper, but its very thick diaper and it sounds like you don’t wont to wear a diaper like that. I never tried there thinner diaper and I would guess is its like the super plus, just thinner in size, and if that’s the case I would think it’s a diaper you would like.

Hello,,, I am just giving another update. Got back late last night, I was pretty tired today at work. Anyways, the weekend went pretty good overall. The trip there was a little rough though. I stopped every couple hours and only had one small leak. The seat cover trick actually worked. My girlfriend liked the drive because she likes to stop alot when driving, get out and stretch,,, ect. The tough part still was changing in the restrooms. I found myself retaping a couple times to get these things comfortable, its not like lying on a bed to put them on. Also when it takes longer, the more dripping takes place. Once we got to the room I got an idea, I put on 6 different diapers and fastened the tapes while lying down, then slid them off and put them in my backpack. There was the drip issue though, I didnt want to wet all 6 pairs then put them on at a later time, so I used a condom and a rubber band. This worked long enough so I could keep them clean. On the trip back this proved to be quite helpful. I had to take off my pants each time, but this still seemed to be easier than trying to fasten those noisey tapes in the bathroom. I also learned another lesson, the gatherings around the legs of these things do not mix well with sand. It made walking back to the car a little uncomfortable. Other than that, the trip wasnt too bad. I actually got some intimate time with my girlfriend, we kinda needed that. I did have a couple beers, 5 or so. She woke me up once or twice as a change reminder. Well, I got laundry to do, will check back later this week. One thing I have learned so far, there are no breaks or time outs with this. Its something you have to plan for 24/7. For those of you that want to become incontinent, I really suggest you think really hard. The newness wears off after a short while, then comes the reality. I am already waiting to be dry again, it was a lot of extra work just to go on a trip. This really can affect your lifestyle. I can already tell you if this was permanent, I would be regreting my decision.

So, how much longer is the effect gonna last? It's an interesting learning experience; one that I'm quite happy is happening to someone else instead of me.

Well, I was told initially 3 to 5 months. I have been contacted by 3 or 4 people that have gotton Botox injections to correct incontinence ( not to start it). At least 2 of them say that the treatments lasted about 7 months each time. I hope that it is more along the 3 to 5 month scale.

Oh, and one more thing, please do not email me and ask where I had this proceedure done. You have to understand, if I release the persons name they could lose their practice. That was part of the agreement. Thanks... Johnnee.

" I have got about 24 emails in the past month asking how they can get this done. "

At this rate, you might as well do a paper/thesis on this anyway (that is, if it can count towards your masters).

I agree. That wasnt my initial intention, but even my girlfriend says that is a good idea. I am thinking about it seriously now. I dont think people realize the lengths one will go to conceal this type of medical problem. Unless somebody spends time on these sites, it kinda goes unknown to the general public.

I know it isn't funny to you but I wrote a story about this sort of thing about 10 years ago. The biggest difference was that the guy in my story got his behind botoxed as well.

It had been reported to me back then by several medical professional types that the injection of botox into the urethral sphincter would probably also cause impotence since that is where the nerves that control erectile function are closely contained and hence the inability to block urine.

I know it isn't funny to you but I wrote a story about this sort of thing about 10 years ago. The biggest difference was that the guy in my story got his behind botoxed as well.

It had been reported to me back then by several medical professional types that the injection of botox into the urethral sphincter would probably also cause impotence since that is where the nerves that control erectile function are closely contained and hence the inability to block urine.

Well, I can tell you that it does not have an affect on erections, thanks goodness for that, I think my girlfriend would have left me for sure,,, Lol. I did notice though that even with an erection, there is still some leakage, not as much as usual, but still a little. It didnt seem to have an effect on the finish either, that all worked also.

I agree. That wasnt my initial intention, but even my girlfriend says that is a good idea. I am thinking about it seriously now. I dont think people realize the lengths one will go to conceal this type of medical problem. Unless somebody spends time on these sites, it kinda goes unknown to the general public.

With what you're going through right now, they should give you the Masters plus an extra 24 graduate credits. :D

Hi, me again. just a quick update. Had a bad day today. Woke up wet, sheets, pillow and all. Then I lost my keys, and I was almost late for work. Then I found out that I left my backpack at home with my briefs inside. So, a 40 min drive to work, just over 5 hours before I could go to lunch, then 20 minutes into lunch before I could get to the store. Lets just leave it at that,,, well, I am off to the shower for the second time today,,,, Just a little aggravated today,, Will check back later this week. Hopefully, a day that goes a little better.

Johnnee

johneee,

Thank you for this wonderful thread. I find it very informative and enlightening. I was an adolecent bedwetter so I understand the embarrassment of waking up to soggey sheets and pillows. Perhaps you should invest in a package or 2 of Chux pads. Those are the disposable absorbant pads they place under you on hospital beds. They are kind of like big flat disposable diapers without tapes or contours.

You're right, the expense of wearing diapers is mind boggling. Perhaps, if you have insurance, you can go to your Dr. friend and ask if he can prescribe diapers for you. Your insurance company might pay for a portion of them. You might even consider trying some cloth diapers and plastic pants. I know a lot of people use them and swear by them for overnight use and to help keep the costs down although they do add to the laundry levels.

Don't be afraid to go out in public. I wear diapers in public quite often and even my own husband can't tell when I am wearing diapers unless he touches me. Most people would be more embarrassed to be caught "Staring" at your backside and usually wouldn't admit to it so you should have nothing to worry about unless you have a large yellow wet spot eminating from the crotch of your pants and leaving a trail on the floor behind you.

Thank you again for posting your experience. Perhaps you can even post your results on some Prostate Cancer websites because many men who seek treatment for Prostate Cancer end up in diapers and are afraid to go out in public and live normal lives. It is also why many of them refuse to seek treatment.

Johnnee,

At first, when I started reading this thread, I went 'Well, duh, he asked for a proceedure he should have thought through. Who in their right mind would want to change their bodies, even temporarily, to 'injure' themselves.'

However, I have to admit that I fantasize about being in some accident, or something where I would have a medical reason to wear diapers, and it is no different than what you are doing...except I haven't gotten there yet. So, I guess that makes my a hypocrit, but at least I'll admit it.

Having said that, while I still can't help my own feelings and desires, the more I read your thread, the more I realize how lucky I am that I can pick and choose when to wear and wet. You've got more balls then I do, even if they are wetter than mine at any given time.

I do hope that you actually do write your Masters Thesis on this, as your doc may ask you for a copy of it anyway, and it would be embarassing to say 'Well, I changed my mind...but spent 5 months in diapers anyways.' Beyond that, I think it will be interesting to read what someone thinks about having to be in a diaper all the time.

I also hope that this is a warning for those people who are thinking of doing something to make them 24/7, and serves as an example of what it really is like to have to be diapered all the time.

Gary

Hello. Me agian. Well I have had a few to drinks, well lets face it alot. A friend of mine just dropped me off at my house. I am soaked and trashed..... Actually, I am trying to find a way to explain this to my friends. I am leaking like a river,,,,,,,, this is really getting annoying, but I dont know how to stop it. I had about 12 beers, and 2 shots. Its almost like it hurts to have a secrete, so thats why I am going to tell my friends, I hope they understaand, well here it goes. I am calling them now,,,,,,