LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Ever Use These Before?

I've never had any luck with all-in-one cloth diapers of any type. They're really meant for sedentary or bedridden individuals, people that don't move around much.

The diaper's inner liner will absorb urine, but it doesn't lock it away like a disposable does. So if you stand up and sit back down the wetness has a way of squishing out around the edges.

Also, those snap-on ones aren't all that great in the fit department. They've only got so many snaps so the fit is usually hit or miss. It'll either be too loose (and leak) or too tight (and the snaps will pop when you move).

I've never had any luck with all-in-one cloth diapers of any type. They're really meant for sedentary or bedridden individuals, people that don't move around much.

The diaper's inner liner will absorb urine, but it doesn't lock it away like a disposable does. So if you stand up and sit back down the wetness has a way of squishing out around the edges.

Also, those snap-on ones aren't all that great in the fit department. They've only got so many snaps so the fit is usually hit or miss. It'll either be too loose (and leak) or too tight (and the snaps will pop when you move).

I agree, But they look so full and well padded.

I've tried similar AIOs and was very disappointed. The capacity wasn't nearly what was claimed and leaks around the leg made the containment layer on the outside seem useless. Worst of all is getting them clean. The containment material is different than the absorbative material. They have different care requirements (wash temps, etc.) and totally different drying times. It's hard to get the inner dry when it is always next to a waterproof layer. My opinion is that an AIO is a bad idea just from the perspective of washing them. Usually the outer layer breaks down and fails way before the inner absorbative layer does.

You are more than welcome to try them and share your opinion. Please reserve judgement on a cloth diaper product until you've used it a while as one of the primary advantages is economy through reuse. I'm still hoping that a really good adult sized pocket diaper will come to the market. It has two pieces that solves the biggest laundry problem and can be stuffed with prefold. Still hoping!

• 2 weeks later...

I get the AIO's from babykins and angel fluff. Thier blue ice ones are pretty nice, but I pretty much only use them over my disposables during long trips and such to help guard against leaks.

I have tried the AIO diapers, but they don't survive laundering.

• The cloth tends to bobble and clump

• The plastic, no matter how rugged it is designed, tends to tear at the sewn seams

• The velcro fixings tend to get clogged with fluff, and need to be picked clean.

• The velcro, due to it being different material than the rest of the diaper, will shrink faster/slower than the rest, and bunch up.

• The seams will shrink, and break.

• The snap-on ones tend to be either too big or too small.

• Cloth has a tendency, when wet, to stretch, so a cloth diaper will fall off without a onesie - however, a separate plastic pant will hold a wet cloth diaper on.

• With the plastic included, there is little to keep the diaper on.

• Rashs will be created / exagerated at the seams - where either the plastic is touching the skin OR the diaper will weep cause the cloth is touching the skin with no plastic protection.

• Friction rashes will be exaggerated due to the bulk needed, and the plastic on the inner thighs.

• The elastic tends to break down after multiple washes.

All in all, I find that, as a cloth diaper the flat folded diaper works the best (covered by plastic pant), followed by the prefolds. AIOs are just a gimmic that don't last. They might last as a baby diaper considering that a baby will outgrow each size range of diapers in a few months, but in the long term, (the main selling point of cloth diapers) they cant handle it.

Now, all I use the pre-folds / all-in-ones that are still surviving as a cover overnight for a disposable. Where a disposable can't last overnight, a cloth one can OR a disposable covered by a AIO / prefold. As a result, they don't need as hot a wash as they are only damp.

Overnight, I prefer flat folded cloth. They can be made as thick as you want via a twist fold, but still thin enough at the hips so one can side sleep. Also, with a liner, a soiled cloth diaper is easy to take care of - and will not leak unlike disposables. A soiled disposable diaper overnight has a greater potential of leak / split due to the stretching nature of the diaper when soiled.

Even Jenny From Babykins or Jeanie from Angelfluff will tell you that AIO's are to be avoided, they are the worst diaper solution on the market but some people insist on buying them so they sell them, I mean what business would turn away money ?? but they all say the temperature to dry the diaper is bad for the plastic and if you dry the diaper at a temperature safe for the plastic it will take 2 weeks to dry each diaper, and irregardless of what plastic they use on the AIO's the plastic burns/melts/wears thin long before the diaper would be used for polishing your car or cleaning your antique gun collection and the tell this to people who still insist on buying them especially people who don't want to offend Mom or Dad but they are peeing all over everything, that says to me they are not aware they are doing it so offend is not an issue and a good high quality diaper and pants will be fine you don't need to play them for an idiot with this new "underwear" get them a damn diaper.

Nappy

AS far as I can see, the original AIO was Salk Pro-Pant for at least the 1960's, in the 1980's the were the first "diaper" I tried. What they were was a flannel lind plastic panty, with a fiannel "soaker" that snapped in at front and back. They were tolerable but not "little" or babyish, it is just that that was the best I could get. DPF-er's trashed them out regularly

In fact, I recently heard, about 4 years ago, regarding baby clothes, that you should never get a lined panty for babies. The reason being that if the shell tore, the panties were useless and if the lining tore the panties were useless. They recommended separate rubber panties and ruffled panties to put over them, that way when the baby outgrew her diapers you could put the ruffled panties on without the diaper/rubber panties and they would fit fine. In the 1970's early 80's they had these horrible outfits they called "baby deresses" that had a "dress" that was way too short and did not fully cover the panties, and a matching very full panty, which, I take it, was supposed to show. I would not wear this on a bet and used to feel sorry for the little girls that were put in them. The panty was lined with a papery-feeling plastic that seemed way too thin and I almost could not tell by touch what kind of material it was. Since this was the era of paper diapers, the plastic may have been more of an afterthought and not for any serious use like with cloth diapers and looked like it would tear if you just raised your voice at it. I would imagine the same to be true with cloth-lined rubber panties

The Salk were not that bad insofar as you dried the soaker in the machine but the flannel panty lining was thin enough to dry over the tub or on the line. HOWEVER, when you changed, you had to change the whole thing, not just the soaker. I guess this would also be true of "pocket diapers" or any kind of thing where you had two pices one being a line waterproof panty

In the 1970's early 80's they had these horrible outfits they called "baby deresses" that had a "dress" that was way too short and did not fully cover the panties, and a matching very full panty, which, I take it, was supposed to show.

I was a child of the seventies and grew up with these and always thought they were cute. Of course I also think the current trend of wearing tights (cough) leggings by girls without wearing a skirt or dress is quite disgusting.

Anything done by girls without wearing a dress or skirt is disgusting

I hated those outfits because I could just imagine them being put on me and with my panties showing like that I would feel sooo trollopy and not like I am wearing a real dress