LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diaper Review: Rearz

Recently I have had the chance to try a few Canadian products from Rearz Inc. (http://www.nhdcanada.com/) Laurie (The owner) is currently in between sites at the moment and this is the one with the most functionality on it. As their other site (http://www.rearz.ca/) is still under construction. I had a lot of questions about products and I even asked about AB/DL considering they have baby print pants etc. All she said is that she

Thank you very much for doing the research, consoltation, honest review and internet referal. I hope that Laurie gets the appreciation and respect she deserves for providing diaper products for adults. I just checked out her site and will probably buy her prefold twill diapers to replace some birdseye I made 2 years ago. They are starting to get holes in the pinning area. This is mostly because I could only get birdseye in standard home width and I need prefolds that are wider.

Again, Mahalo!

Just an FYI, she also told me about a new kind of "snappy" coming out too that looks like a band-aid thing that you would just use 2 of them, one on each side.. like tapes on a disposable..

But you are welcome for the review Honu

• 1 month later...

I bought one of their used prefolds off ebay....just because I was curious. Well, it wasn't cheap...but after I used it and washed it again...O*M*G! they are AMAZINGLY soft...holy cow. The only thing that kind of bothers me is their sizing. I usually wear mediums in cloth...at least from ADC, whos over night 4X8X4 fits me just fine :) Rearz sizing is a bit bigger and longer, making getting a good fit more difficult. I have to fold over the front, then pin it. I wore it all day, and eventually ended up soaking it.....I can't describe it, an amazing product...I R*E*A*L*L*Y like these prefolds, and I want to try their contour diaper, and maybe get a couple more prefolds...

Again, they aren't cheap by any means, but even if you end up ordering just 1....you will really like it after a coupleof washings...I am amazed....and off to go put that diaper back on! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Having had the privilege to be able to try both brands, I prefer the prefolds from rearz over the ones from Adult cloth diaper (ADC). Don't get me wrong, they are nice, and thick, BUT, they really don't hold as much as you would think vs. the Rearz ones. I love both gauze and birdseye fabrics, but the problem with the ADC prefolds is they use terry cloth as a 'filler' in the center panel, where rearz uses 100% of the twill fabric all the way through. ADC is 'supposed to be' (night weight) 4x8x4 where Rears ARE 4x10x4. They seem thinner, but actually hold more and work better than the ADC ones and I like them a LOT!. I have a pretty good sized bladder and recently when I was wearing to bed I woke up to pee....went and went back to sleep :) When I finally got up (because I had to go again) I went into the bathroom like normal and checked the diaper and it was SOAKED...from just 1 flood :o I was a bit disappointed :( Where I have worn the Rearz ones during the day and gone several times and they seemed to work a LOT better. The ADC 'night weight' ones might make better day diapers...for me anyways :blush: but over all I think I prefer the ones from rearz better. They are 4x10x4 but thin enough for day use..or at night, and can be doubled, but if you do that look out...you will be in one heck of a thick diaper! :P (been there tried that) and when doubled, you cannot soak those suckers! tried it and had a LOT of material left to use...couldn't do it..I felt kind of stupid actually.... One thing I want to try thats different is the birdseye prefolds from babypants. She says that they are 100% birdseye with out the terry filler like ADC, so I am curious as to how well they work. The issue is they aren't cheap...Sooo I'll wait for a bit to see how those work, and until then I'll enjoy my rearz diapers :D It might be expensive, but try buying one of each and trying them. It will cost you some bucks, but you will have diapers that you can reuse, even if they aren't your 'favorites' like mine. I prefer the rearz ones, but wear the ADC ones as well when in that kind of mood..That sreally the only way you can figure out what yo really like. I guess I have about 3-4 rearz diapers from Ebay ( I know Ewwww...but I washed them when I got them :P ) and the rest are from either Ebay or ADC directly... The only way to really get an answer is to try them out, see what works and what you like and feels good (rearz are really soft!! :wub: ) and then go from there...worst case is you end up with a couple that you really don;t like and use for waxing your car or something :P Hope this helps....and happy shopping....welcome to the cloth side! :D

• 2 weeks later...