LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24Yr Old Socal Diaper Girl Bedwetter Help!

Hey everyone

it's Paige I'm 24 years old and from Southern California.

It wasn't until just recently that I started wetting my bed again. I'm

not sure if its due to stress and anxiety with school starting soon

or its something more. All I know is that I've been wearing

Attends 10 at night with two heavy Poise pads inside as stuffers

and by the morning I'm leaking. It all started when I was starting to

get up about 3 times a night to use the restroom. I have restricted my

liquid intake at night so I'm not sure where all this fluid is coming from.

But I was waking up at 11pm and then 3am and then 5:30am as you can

imagine this has sucked. So over the past few nights I've been wearing a

diaper to bed. Honestly I find it easier if i find my self waking up to have

to go to the bathroom to just do it in my diaper. Sometimes I won't wake up

at all. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good night time diaper

that can hold about 3 wettings during the night. I thought about going out and

buying some plastic pants but I've never been a big person on those. Are they

worth it. I tend to leak near the leg gathering and sometimes the front of my shirt

is wet when I wake up in the morning. I know I need to make a appointment

with my urologist and I probably well I just wanna see if this thing goes away

on its own, but until then I need a good solution. thanks for your time and reading

my post. I look forward to you feedback.

Thanks
Paige a.k.a iCrinkle2
  • Like 1

Abena X Plus, Dry 24/7, bambino, Secure X Plus are all diapers that should keep you dry and not leak. Also the diapers need to be put on properly and you need to have the correct size or you will leak.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Paige,

What works and what you like is a very personal thing. Dry 24/7 is a good night-time disposible. I am much more comfortable and confident in cloth diapers and plastic pants as I sleep on my side and roll around a lot. Since you don't like plastic pants, this probably isn't for you, but you have gotten several good suggestions plus the Dry 24/7's. Good luck and know that you are not the only one that manages night wetting by wearing diapers to bed.

Aloha,

Honu

Sleeping on your side is the most common cause of leaking.

putting plastic pants over the disposable helps and a tight pair if underwear over the disposable then the plastic pants helps even more.

""It all started when I was starting to get up about 3 times a night to use the restroom.""

Get checked for diabetes its one of the common causes for having to get up repeatedly at night .

UTIs can also cause this problem and if you restrict you fluid intake that can make it worse because the bladder gets irritated and tried to flush the infection.

i have diabetes and sometimes wake up 4 to 5 times a night to go.

I also have a couple sleep disorders plus fibromyalgia and sleep apnea that make it hard to get back to sleep if i get up.

so i just wear and roll over a go and go right back to sleep

Hey everyone

it's Paige I'm 24 years old and from Southern California.

It wasn't until just recently that I started wetting my bed again. I'm

not sure if its due to stress and anxiety with school starting soon

or its something more. All I know is that I've been wearing

Attends 10 at night with two heavy Poise pads inside as stuffers

and by the morning I'm leaking. It all started when I was starting to

get up about 3 times a night to use the restroom. I have restricted my

liquid intake at night so I'm not sure where all this fluid is coming from.

But I was waking up at 11pm and then 3am and then 5:30am as you can

imagine this has sucked. So over the past few nights I've been wearing a

diaper to bed. Honestly I find it easier if i find my self waking up to have

to go to the bathroom to just do it in my diaper. Sometimes I won't wake up

at all. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good night time diaper

that can hold about 3 wettings during the night. I thought about going out and

buying some plastic pants but I've never been a big person on those. Are they

worth it. I tend to leak near the leg gathering and sometimes the front of my shirt

is wet when I wake up in the morning. I know I need to make a appointment

with my urologist and I probably well I just wanna see if this thing goes away

on its own, but until then I need a good solution. thanks for your time and reading

my post. I look forward to you feedback.
Thanks
Paige a.k.a iCrinkle2

Hi Paige,

Welcome to DD and especially the Incontinence Forum. I am so sorry that I missed your fine sharing when you first posted.

I can well relate to your helpless feelings when you suddenly started needing to void your bladder so often during the night. I had just passed puberty at age 12 when I reverted to bedwetting. Over the years my bladder control got worst to the point when I was 12 I had virtually no bladder control at all. That was 26 years ago. During my life I have been under the care of a whole lot of urologists and still I need diapers 24/7.

Paige, please understand that urinary incontinence presents in different ways for all of us. For example, when I was 12 I never flooded enough to leak. I just apparently had a series of dribbles which did not wake me up. The first night when I woke up my sheets were damp. Fortunately for me because wetting runs in my family I did have a waterproof sheet protecting my mattress. That morning my Mom told me she hoped the wetting was a one-time-thing. When my bed was damp the second morning Mom made me an appointment with her urologist who was also treating my older sister. For the third night Mom showed me how to pin on my own Curity gauze diapers, which were covered by pull-on vinyl panties.

In 1981 when I left home for university I learned to put on and sleep in Attends, which were then the only nationally sold adult disposable. Of course I always made up my dorm bed with a waterproof sheet protecting the mattress. I still must have been wetting slowly enough that I did not have a problem with those Attends leaking. Just remember, each of us is different. My guess is that because you are a mature woman, when you did revert to night wetting your bladder can hold urine for a long enough period that when you do void the flow is faster than your Attends 10 can absorb.

Although I returned to sleeping in pinned gauze pre-fold diapers in 1991 (when I had discreet access to a washing machine) I know a lot of incontinent adults who do use various brands of disposables. When I travel I wear Attends Youth, which are a classic poly-plastic outer shell with 2 sticky tapes per side. These are only sold by the case of 96 on-line and are the best fit on me. As I understand it, Attends 10 are sold in some stores. If you are large enough for adult medium then you have a wide choice of adult disposables with more total capacity and which absorb faster than your Attends 10. Probably you will need to order those brands on-line.

Nearly always it is very uncomfortable to wear pull-on vinyl or other kinds of waterproof pants over adult disposables. Nearly always decent fitting adult waterproof pants need to be ordered on-line. If you can find adult waterproof pants in local medical supply stores they tend to be old fashioned and most uncomfortable.

My suggestion to improve the performance of your Attends 10 is to cover them with fairly snug-fitting knit cotton panties. They will hold the Attends in better contact so the disposables will work better. Then if you do manage to find soft pull-on adult waterproof pants, I suggest wearing those over your knit panties covering your disposable. Having a thin layer of cotton between the disposable and the waterproof pants will make them more comfortable.

I hope by now you are under the care of a urologist. My experience has been that avoiding fluids for hours before bed will not reduce wetting while sleeping, but being thirsty will tend to keep you awake. While wetting is annoying, being dehydrated can be very dangerous to your health.
  • Like 1
cover them with fairly snug-fitting knit cotton panties.
This is a tip my wife loves, but she usually uses my boxer-briefs since they really snug the diaper up against her body well. "Boy Shorts" style panties might also be a good choice, but I'm not one of the ladies. :) It works for my wife though.

Hi Paige,

There are some forms of HRT (hormone replacement therapies) that encourage incontinence issues. For instance, I take i.m. estradiol injections. Thus I accumulate about 3 liters body fluids which will be eleminated by the end of the cycle.

First I used to get up three times a night. Then I got a chronic fatigue and occasional accidents. Now I wear diapers every night and when I am out of the house for a longer period of time.

There are some anti-androgen pills like spironolactone, which are diuretic, too, which I do not need anymore.

Kvetinka

Hi Paige,

There are some forms of HRT (hormone replacement therapies) that encourage incontinence issues. For instance, I take i.m. estradiol injections. Thus I accumulate about 3 liters body fluids which will be eleminated by the end of the cycle.

First I used to get up three times a night. Then I got a chronic fatigue and occasional accidents. Now I wear diapers every night and when I am out of the house for a longer period of time.

There are some anti-androgen pills like spironolactone, which are diuretic, too, which I do not need anymore.

Kvetinka

Hey there

I am aware that Testosterone blockers spironolactone are diuretic and well make me have to go pee more often then I already am. Which personally makes me kinda worry about peeing more. I hope to start HRT soon as I am working with a phycologist and trying to get my parents to come around that I'm a girl.

-Paige a.k.a iCrinkle2

• 3 months later...

Hi Paige,

Welcome to DD and especially the Incontinence Forum. I am so sorry that I missed your fine sharing when you first posted.

I can well relate to your helpless feelings when you suddenly started needing to void your bladder so often during the night. I had just passed puberty at age 12 when I reverted to bedwetting. Over the years my bladder control got worst to the point when I was 12 I had virtually no bladder control at all. That was 26 years ago. During my life I have been under the care of a whole lot of urologists and still I need diapers 24/7.

Paige, please understand that urinary incontinence presents in different ways for all of us. For example, when I was 12 I never flooded enough to leak. I just apparently had a series of dribbles which did not wake me up. The first night when I woke up my sheets were damp. Fortunately for me because wetting runs in my family I did have a waterproof sheet protecting my mattress. That morning my Mom told me she hoped the wetting was a one-time-thing. When my bed was damp the second morning Mom made me an appointment with her urologist who was also treating my older sister. For the third night Mom showed me how to pin on my own Curity gauze diapers, which were covered by pull-on vinyl panties.

In 1981 when I left home for university I learned to put on and sleep in Attends, which were then the only nationally sold adult disposable. Of course I always made up my dorm bed with a waterproof sheet protecting the mattress. I still must have been wetting slowly enough that I did not have a problem with those Attends leaking. Just remember, each of us is different. My guess is that because you are a mature woman, when you did revert to night wetting your bladder can hold urine for a long enough period that when you do void the flow is faster than your Attends 10 can absorb.

Although I returned to sleeping in pinned gauze pre-fold diapers in 1991 (when I had discreet access to a washing machine) I know a lot of incontinent adults who do use various brands of disposables. When I travel I wear Attends Youth, which are a classic poly-plastic outer shell with 2 sticky tapes per side. These are only sold by the case of 96 on-line and are the best fit on me. As I understand it, Attends 10 are sold in some stores. If you are large enough for adult medium then you have a wide choice of adult disposables with more total capacity and which absorb faster than your Attends 10. Probably you will need to order those brands on-line.

Nearly always it is very uncomfortable to wear pull-on vinyl or other kinds of waterproof pants over adult disposables. Nearly always decent fitting adult waterproof pants need to be ordered on-line. If you can find adult waterproof pants in local medical supply stores they tend to be old fashioned and most uncomfortable.

My suggestion to improve the performance of your Attends 10 is to cover them with fairly snug-fitting knit cotton panties. They will hold the Attends in better contact so the disposables will work better. Then if you do manage to find soft pull-on adult waterproof pants, I suggest wearing those over your knit panties covering your disposable. Having a thin layer of cotton between the disposable and the waterproof pants will make them more comfortable.

I hope by now you are under the care of a urologist. My experience has been that avoiding fluids for hours before bed will not reduce wetting while sleeping, but being thirsty will tend to keep you awake. While wetting is annoying, being dehydrated can be very dangerous to your health.

Hi there,

Thank you for your support. I did see my urologist and was put on antibiotics and it seemed to solve some of my problems. However since the last time I posted my problem has once again come back. I have very little control sometimes during the daytime when I get the urge to pee and I'm not near a restroom, or if I'm on the freeway then I'm usually screwed. I like wearing diapers but I have two sides Its like I have a little side that loves to wear diapers, but my big girl side says that I don't need diapers. However when you are to scared to leave the house because you might have a accident on the freeway then I guess it means I really due need to wear protection. Its a battle that I fight my self. I feel bad, but I know I shouldn't its a medical condition that causes this. I'm 25 now and would wear diapers. Sad face. This is very hard for me at times.

As for fitting into medium adult diapers I try to go with small if they have them, But I due occasionally wear medium diapers. I did pick up some bikini cute style plastic pants which are super cute that I use with Abena xplus S4 and Pampers Cruisers 7. Pampers are usually when I want to be discrete or need light protection.

I was wondering if you might have a recommendation on cloth diapers.

-Thanks

<p>Paige, I was a bedwetter as a child until Junior High, I do not understand how frustrating it is to wet as an adult. I use diapers by choice. Even so, I have never had good luck with disposables. When I was a child, my parents kept me in pullups. Pullups sucked, they constantly leaked and it seemed there was one night a week when I woke up soaked. One one hand I feel that I have no right to tell you what to do because I have not dealt with adult incontinence. From my albeit limited experience as a diaper lover I know that I have no trust for disposables. Every now and then I have "crib nights" to keep my adult baby side happy. On these nights I sleep on an air matress covered by a spare shower curtain. I sleep pinned in

Hi Paige,

There is a lot of info out there about this and many great recommendations have been made. for night time, it seesm the heavier the better, so the abena Xplus or dry 24/7 or even molicares super plus might work best, though I don't think that the dry 24/7's would fit you, since they run large and I don't think they have a small...or maybe they do and I havn't looked :blush:

Now like disposables, cloth diapers are more a personal preference. your choices of fabrics are basically, flannel, birdseye,gauze and a newer one 'twill' which is a kind of gauze. This isn't mentioning any of the new age microfiber and microfleece diapers and fabrics available. Then there are the styles available, flat and prefold and or pocket diaper or all in one (AOI)

What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for someone else. personally, I like prefolds made from birdseye or gauze. But I have also recently bought some 'twill' prefolds from "Rearz' off ebay and I really really REALLY R*E*A*L*L*Y like them! :wub: but you have to take into consideration I am a D/L not a bedwetter or an incon. I just like these because they are really comfy, fit well (when pinned right :blush:) and hold a lot, and work well during the day or night, and can easilly be doubled up if necessary.

Some people like flannel, I don't because it just didn't 'feel' right, but thats just me.

Sources are numerous, baby-pants sells birdseye prefolds, but is also stocking gauze and twill, and contour fits as well. According to an incontinance website I visited, the quality is great and the price is right. They also sell plastic pants and trainers, so lots to look at there. "Adult cloth diaper" carries both flat and prefold styles as well as contour fit in gauze and birdseye. The only down side is they use terrycloth in the middle section of the prefolds for added layering, this helps somewhat, but I have found that with this, it increases the drying time after washing. The twill 4x10x4 I have dry faster than the ADC 4x8x4 I have. I wash them together and the 10 layers dry faster. thats because they are all the same material, no terrycloth 'filler'. It could be that birdseye is a tighter weave than the twill (aka gauze) so air circulates better with the looser weave than with the birdseye.

Anyways.......so yeah, cloth will take a bit of shopping to find what you like and what works.

something else that I just thought of is another site "snap ez"

http://www.snap-ez.com/index.html

They make pocket diapers for children and adults, and they use a lot of new age materials mentioned above and their products are supposed to really be great. I ordered a couple of diapers from them, but they are a tad small, (I ordered larges and should have gotten Extra large) yet I haven't tried them yet. The fabrics they use are super absorbant, and if you have a small frame, then something like a medium might work well. You can stuff them with a liner they sell, or double up, and that should take care of most anything you do at night :thumbsup:

The downside, si they are expensive. But they are well made and should last a good long time. Plus the covers come in all sorts of cool colors and may be some patterns, so you can have fun with it as well :D

So again....yeah, it's a bit of picking and choosing what you might want. But feel free to ask questions and gather as much info as possible. Either that or stick with say, bambinos and don't worry about it. *shrug*

I hope this helps :) anything else I can be of assistance with let me know.

qwack

• 4 years later...