LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diaper Manufactures

I am looking for quality cloth diapers to replace the cheap ones that I use now.

I have searched the internet and found three companies, AdultClothDiaper, BabyKins, and LovingComfort. I am unaware of other companies at this time.

I am looking for overnight thickness diapers, and have three requirements which are

1 - Bulk, or thickness

2 - Quality manufacturing

3 - Reliable/dependable company

I would appreciate any suggestions any one has. I am looking for a type to be used with plastic pants.

And if anyone has sizing recommendation I would appreciate that as well.

• Like 1

Rear Z is another Canadian company that has a good reputation for cloth diapers. I believe it was the supplier of the cloth diapers sold by ChangingTimesDiaperCompany. Those diapers were very good indeed

I will second the good experiences with both Angelfluff and Babykins.

Angelfluff is very good to work with, they take custom measurements for some of their diapers.

Babykins, also very good to work with, although it's been a while since I have actually tried their cloth diapers - just gotten their vinyl pants lately.

I've also ordered from Gabbys before, although they seem to have reduced their stock of adult items dramatically. Not sure why, although they've also had intermittent issues on their hosting for their website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have( 60 was the total order) 23 mixed into service Angelfluff Ultimate 3's with leg and back elastic and Velcro closure with a High back that i added into my rotation of older Angelfluff ultimates (about 6 1/2 years old) these are for day wear and for night i have Angelfluff superheavy weight night diapers in just a standard size they are not custom at all and i have 25 of those on hand with 10 in service.

• 1 month later...

Iv been wearing cloth diapers to bed for many years now. Iv found that the best brand of cloth diapers and pull-on plastic pants are made by Comco. They come in a "double" thick, and a regular night-time absorbency. I purchased 6 of each two years ago and Iv had no problems with them. The "double" thick diapers are VERY bulky, and can't be worn under daytime clothing. Iv been wearing dry 24/7 disposable diapers with booster inserts for daytime wetting. These are great for work or school.

I get 21x40 pinked edge gauze diapers along with 36x36 heavyweight birdseye diapers from GraniteSmith on eBay and layer them to desired thickness, i.e. 2 birdseye with 10 gauze inside for night-time or one birdseye with 6 gauze for under jeans daywear. Good plastic pants are a must.

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers

As you can probably tell, most all of us have different ideas on what we like in cloth diapers!

I wear the 4 ply 44x44" gauze diaper from Adultclothdiaper.com. When layered they are thick and I find them comfortable - it turns out when all is folded there are 80 layers of cloth in the front. After folding the diaper becomes 40 layers thick and then the front is doubled over for length. Needless to say, I can get very wet and not have any problems.

When deciding what I wanted in diapers I usually only bought 1 or 2 at a time until I found what worked best for me.

Good luck in your search.

CDL

Well i just donated to my favorite Manufacturer's i ordered an additional 15 new Ultimate 3's from Angelfluff ,and ordered 15 additional pair of Rubber pants ( i do not think its possible to have to many of these on hand, can you??) 20 additional Lap neck Long Sleeve Onsies ( i like the lap neck because i don't dislocate my shoulders as much with these as i do with a regular T-shirt neck ) and 25 additional Golf shirt with Snap crotch ( I may be disabled but i am not dead so look nice is still something i shoot for and these shirts are functional and fashionable) from Babykins. so my orders will be done before the holiday madness starts up, Jeanie and Jenny know that i always buy in bulk when i shop as i like to have multiples of the same thing like i carry in my back pack a complete change of clothes as well as diapers and such so if anything major was to happen i could go to the restroom and come out looking like when i went in but i'm clean and dry because i had a complete 2nd set of what i was wearing on standby. The old be prepared

Nappy

You can order diaper flannel from online fabric suppliers, but it is of a thickness designed for babies. If you want to make your own "system," use diaper flannel on top of terry cloth for absorbency. Making your own is probably more cost-effective.

I'm going to add to this because I'm oh so curious about cloth diapers. What's the best style of cloth to purchase? From what I've seen there are many different fabrics and selections. Also, where would you purchase the most recommended style? I'm a newbie to cloth so any information would be helpful! Thanks everyone!

:) Paxy

PAXY!:D {{{{HUGGIES!!!}}}}

To answer your question, I guess you have to go with what CDLover said and try one here and one type there. It's kind of 'spensive, but the nice thing is that they are reusable :) If you don't like one type, use it as a stuffer, or a dust cloth :P

LIke with disposables you have to shop around. Fo rme it was kind of easy, I ALWAYS wanted prefold diapers, and ones made from either birdseye or gauze, so that narrowed the field considerably. I picked up a couple here and there until I had about 10, from various vendors but now I found a different type that I had been wondering about. A twill type from Rearz thats a 4x10x4 style. It sounds bulky, but it isn't, so they can be worn for day use with little bulk, and doubled up for night if needed. They wash well and dry quicker then the 4x8x4 that I had gotten from other places that use terry in the middle section for bulk etc....those take FOREVER to dry :rollseyes:

Anyways sport, I'm still shopping around and buy things one here and there since they are expensive. There are a number of reliable out there with good products, you just have to shop, and compare prices.

The fabric and style is up to you and what you like or want. Some people live the flannel ones with prints that make them feel cute(er) and print plastic pants, others like me just like white and plain pants like we had when we were kids :blush:

It's not easy, but essentially you have the following choices or combinations to work through

*Flannel-White-prefold, flat style or contour fit style

*Flannel-prints and colors-prefold, flat style or contour fit style

*Birdseye-white-Prefold or flat style or contour fit

*Gauze-White-prefold, flat or Contour fit style

*Cotton 'twill'-white=prefold

I have tried all these and my observations are as follows:

*Flannel, just don't like it. It's not fluffy after a few washes, starts to 'pill' and just don't 'feel' right, especially when wet. The ones I have must be day weight because they don't hold much at all *Shrug* religated to the bottom of my drawer and use as stuffers or covers with something else inside against my skin.

*Birdseye, wonderful fabric. Bulky yet soft and durable and absorbent :) just makes me happy. One thing is they don't 'feel' wet when they are, so your skin doesn't feel slippery or slimey and you feel almost 'dry, which was confusing for me the first time I used them.

" I know I wet this thing pretty good, why don't I feel wet" :huh: neat stuff! :thumbsup:

Most of mine are night weight 4x8x4, (with terrycloth as part of the soaker) but I do have a 'day weight 2x4x2 which seems a bit thin, and I can soak it in a very short time :blush: and then need to change, it just isn't enough. For light use and 'leakage' I am sure it would be fine, but it just won't handle a heavy flood at all well with out a stuffer or booster *shrug*

Now baby-pants says that their Birdseye 4x8x4 are all 100% birdseye fabric with out the terry in the middle, which makes them thinner, but more absorbent and possibly easier and quicker to dry. I don't know as I haven't tried them......yet ;)

* Gauze, another wonderful and SOFT :wub: fabric. it's a 'looser weave" so air can circulate better. Absorbent and fluffy after being washed (they fluff up a LOT after a few washes) They too keep you 'dry' and comfortable. The down side is the fabric is more fragile and they wont last as long as birdseye will, but they are just really really comfy :wub:

*Cotton 'Twill" is one I recently tried after I bought one off Ebay from 'Rearz' I washed it and thought it looked kind of thin, but wore it under my (loose) jeans all day and it held up well, was discreet and comfy. It held a LOT also so this is a new favorite of mine. :D They are tough and durable, but like gauze they fluff up in the dryer like crazy....just really neat. I have also doubled these up with a gauze contour fit thats to small for me but works as a stuffer, and WOW! I wore that all night and soaked it....or so I thought :blush: and it could take more. basically I had 14 layers to pee in, and it just worked great. Bulky, yes, but at night who cares? . SO I'm liking these a LOT. :D

Thats all I have for you sport, I hope it helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask, and do shop around as prices do vary. Also try other places, like Ebay and Amazon, there might be price breaks for multiple orders or quantity discounts etc.

Just get one here and there, it's allowed, and just follow trial and error until you hit one that 'feels' right and you like and makes you happy :)

qwack

Wows duckie! Fankshew for the great informations on cloth! I've been looking at baby-pants for a while now so I think I'll try them first. I'm a heavy wetter though, so we'll see. I know I could always stop at the walmart and get baby cloth diapers as stuffers if need be. I'm just tireds of always having to buy disposables.

HUGGIES DUCKIE!! :)

Paxy

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add my 2 cents worth... I love the fitted diapers from Babykins with the elastic and velcro. They are flannel with terry lining inside and I find them to be very comfortable. Having said that, I love my Curity birdseye flats, but only for overnight - they are so soft and comfy, but stretch when wet and give me the droopy diaper problem if I wear them as day diapers. I am very open to trying out styles and fabrics, so I would really like to thank everyone for their additions to this thread- you have given me much to think of.

I like the gauze prefolds I got from Leak Master off Amazon. They are really soft! I also have gauze prefolds by babypants, and have noticed that they almost have a ratty texture to them. The gauze diapers are definitely more babyish!

... I love my Curity birdseye flats, but only for overnight - they are so soft and comfy, but stretch when wet and give me the droopy diaper problem if I wear them as day diapers...

I too find my flat birdeye diapers to be the most comfortable, but I use a "Snappi" which keeps the cloth snugged up.