LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So you've decided that it's time to order those plastic panties you've been wanting to buy. But keep in mind that you may very well need two different sizes- one for daytime use and another for sleeping in. Why? Well, if you are like most cloth diaper users, you use a thicker bulkier diaper, or double diaper for sleeping in, compared to your daytime diaper. So doesn't it make sense that you may need plastic panties for sleeping that are a size larger than those you find are adequate for daytime use over cloth or disposable diapers? I find that a size larger for overnight works out just right for me. In fact, I go a step futher and use a plastic panty at night that has about an extra inch or two rise in the waist. Without the so-called hi-rise plastic panties, I find that the diaper can work its way above the waist elastic of the panties, thus leading to the inevidable leak and a wet bed. Another suggestion from one who has learned from a wet experience or two.

If you wear dresses and skirts, it does not matter and you will be put in the same for both day and night since thicker diaping means you need not be changed as often and is more cconvenient. Even if you are more lightly diapered the panties can still be the same as your dress, skirt or babydoll will be high-waisted anyway. Differentiation between night and day diapers really only came about with prefolds. prior to that, if more bulk was needed, one was simply double or triple diapered and this was done by laying multiple (flat which is all there were in 1949) diapers atop each other and folding as one. the only reason for different sizes were for the age. All rubber panties were pretty much the same fullness so the same panties that were put on you during the day were put on you at night. Families were not going to go through the expense of special-purpose sized and shaped panties. That was a luxury that had to wait for prosperity and even with pre-folds of different bulks, Baby/Toddler still wore the same panties for day and night

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your comments Christine. And of course you're right if you happen to be wearing dresses or skirts, and it is one reason why I am envious of girls fashions. If, however, you are wearing shorts or pants, it is harder to conceal the fact that you're thickly diapered. Although I don't personnally like them, paper ( disposable ) diapers offer a slimmer profile in most cases today and do offer that as an advantage over cloth diapers of the equivalent absorption capabilities.

But I must take issue with mothers using the same thickness of diapers for both day and night use. Once a baby is beyond a few moths old, and it can sleep though the night, Mothers recognized the need to double up on their little ones diapers at night because they could be checked every couple of hours during the day, but at night, our baby had to go 10 or 12 hours without a diaper change.

Now a word about my use of two sizes of rubber panties, one for day and the other for night use. I do not like my rubber panties to be too baggy during the day. It just adds that little extra to prevent my diapers from being openly noticeable under pants. And it turns out that at night, with the thicker diaper on, the rubber pants are usually stretched sufficiently so that the leg and waist elastics tend to pull away from my body thus causing a leak at times. The added room in the night time rubber pants preserves these seals.

All of this assumes that you use your diapers for their intended purpose. And if you don't then this is all mute in your case. lastly, if you want to use only one size of rubber panties, then it should be a size that's big enough to be fully fuctional at night and they still will be useful during the day, juust a little baggier.

• 5 weeks later...

I recall seeing -- sometime in the early 50's a catalog listing for extra large rubber baby pants described as being "for the big baby who is still in diapers" (sound like anyone you know?). There was no mention of night time versus day time diapering -- just that they were for big babies who were still in diapers. The item has stuck in my mind all these years because I was so pleased to see that one could be big and still wear diapers and decided then and there that I wanted to be that big baby who is still in diapers!

I recall seeing -- sometime in the early 50's a catalog listing for extra large rubber baby pants described as being "for the big baby who is still in diapers" (sound like anyone you know?)

NOT MEE-EEEEE!!!!!!!!:)

And you would be sruprised at how big a baby they fit