LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Double Diapering?

I'd read on here about cutting slits in the front of an inner diaper then putting a second diaper over it. I tried that today and it did not seem to work, but maybe I did it wrong? The outer diaper was basically dry, while the inner one was full and leaking at the leg, like normal. It was also pretty messy, with those crystals escaping a bit into the outer diaper (so I'd be pretty hesitant to open the front of the inner diaper any more than those slits, I'd expect a huge mess upon removal).

It was definitely more padded, but not any more functional than the inner diaper alone. Is there any way to make this work to increase functionality?

Thanks!

Yes that is why I won't do it, unless you keep the diaper on for hours and hours it is a waste of a diaper, most of the time the outer diaper tears trying to save it.

You can get the same look padding the inside of the one diaper, I use 1 or 2 microfiber 12x12" hand towels folded so it creates a low spot in the middle, with this setup you can flood your diaper a few times if you are careful doing it.

Why waste a diaper, you could go up one size also but you need to be careful you don't make the padding too thick so the leg holes are open.

I have a method that works pretty well. By using a pen knife, I cut just the plastic waterproof material on the outside of the diaper with many horizontal slits where the padding is. It is better to do this than cutting one big vertical slit across the whole diaper as this does not comprise the integrity of the diaper and the absorbent material does not fall out of the diaper too. Also, drainage into the second diaper is very fast.

They make "doublers" that look like Kotex pads, and you can even use "Poise" pads as a "doubler". I use a razor blade to slit backing. Bonifide "doublers" - Select makes them, Dignity makes them, and many others do, too - have NO backing. If you use two diapers, make sure the inner diaper is a baby diapers with the backing slit, or the diaper you use is smaller than the outer diaper. I use cloth baby diapers as soakers, but I don't mind the additional work of taking care of the cloth diapers after use, and can, in my own home with my own washer and dryer.

I seldom have had problems with a smaller adult diaper - like an Attends 10, size Small - with backing slit and "wings" removed, inside of a Large or Extra Large, say Molicare or even an Attends 10 or Tena or Dry Comfort or Prevail, etc.

Good luck. Half the fun is the journey and experimentation to find what works best for you in the way you like to use your diapers!

When I diaper double, I use a Pamper Exteded Protection size 5 on the inside of my regular diaper. I cut off the wings, and clip the middle portion of the elastic & leg gathers to help it lie flatter. I use three rows of slits (left, center, and right) and keep the cuts to only 1-2 inches in length. Make cuts from the front of the diaper all the way to the back. I find that this allows a good amount to drain through to the outer diaper quite easily, and does increase the use length of the outer diaper for quite some time.

Usually only do this when I'm going to be at home though....by the time the diaper is soaked enough to be changed the urine smell can sometimes be apparent.

• Like 1

This topic got me thinking again, ive done it before and now ive done it again

Medium just dosent fit me anymore and i know i should get more active so i can fit them again, but until then...

Currently wearing a Tena Slip Maxi Medium, slit some holes in it, then a Tena Slip Super Large on the outside :)

They make "doublers" that look like Kotex pads, and you can even use "Poise" pads as a "doubler". I use a razor blade to slit backing. Bonifide "doublers" - Select makes them,

And you can normally buy them in Babies'R'Us. Dirt cheap too, about $3 for 30. They're sized to fit neatly into a baby diaper so you need to use a couple of them (side-by-side along the crotch of an adult diaper) to make a it really thick but it does avoid all the problems of using an inside diaper.

Be careful about using too much extra padding though, it's possible to add so much that you're uncomfortably itchy before it's done capacity-wise and then you've wasted some...

You can also get adult-sized boosters from Abena at XPMedical and most other suppliers (although they're very hard to find in the UK for some reason). They're not great in terms of absorbency because they contain no SAP but they sure are thick. Bambino had some kick ass ones (the ones they sold as Total Dry Boosters) until recently but they pulled them from the website because they said they weren't sure if they would be able to get any more from the supplier

Don't bother with slit inner diapers - it doesn't work anywhere near as well as proper boosters, have problems with letting gel loose and not letting pee soak particularly well and anyway, boosters are easy to get hold of and fairly cheap.

I think I'll check out those boosters. I don't actually mind leaking a little (because I know that means I've used my diaper completely up and haven't wasted it), but on the other hand staying in the same diaper for longer is appealing to me. If I can use a single diaper longer then I've saved $, so that's a bonus too.

The towel soaker worked very well. One cool thing with the towel was being able to remove it, wring it out, and keep going. I think next time I'll just use one towel instead of 2, it was a bit thick (just folded them into quarters). Things need room down there...

Thanks everyone for your great tips!

I never understood the concept of double diapering. I buy stuffers from Bambino when I order my diapers and they easily double the capacity of the diaper, and since there is no backing on it, they absorb and soak right through to the waiting diaper beneath it. (no cuts or holes necessary). I've even used 2 of their quattro stuffers together and got a diaper that was so thirsty that it was about to burst at the seams and sag to my knees before it leaked. The tapes were holding for dear life.

Everybody's suggesting "slitting" the inner diaper-- making a long cut. Whenever I tried that, I always had to deal with lots of soggy gel particles showering everywhere, at change-time.

That's when I stopped making long slits, and just poked 1/4-inch holes in the inner diaper with a pen or the point of a knife. 5 or 6 holes in the front and back, and another 4 or 5 right down the middle of the between-the-legs part. No more soggy gel explosions :)

wv

• Like 1