LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate

Pluse a whole raft of choices; far too many for any sane endeavor since it becomes the case of the tail wagging the dog. It being the case that baby diapering is the "model" that is most well-known and probably the reference point from which we start here, I will use that. "Back in the day" childrens' and adutl diapers were a medical curiosity and a big secret. I have no idea of what the adult diaper/panty scene was like before 1964, save the reference to "rubber bloomers", and at which time I discovered Kleinert's panties, made of a smooth somewhat thick material: Just what Nursie (being the term for a lady who took care of children) ordered

As someone who has most likely seen more diapers and rubber panties than anyone here I just look and wonder :rolleyes:

60 or even 50 years ago you had two or three kinds of diapers and just plain rubber (plastic) panties since then you have about 4 different kinds of diapers and tons of panties and that does not even count the disposables, which were not called diapers when they started, they were called "pampers", which class has mutated into the monster with 5,000 heads, arms and legs; anything of which there are 100 kinds is not a class or category, it is a way of life just keeping track: What with "maxi"s, "pad"s, "strectch"s and "slip"s (the last, to me is what you wear under a dress or skirt). For these things, a glossary is in order

In 1965, when you had a baby, you knew what was out there and you went and got what you wanted. Well, women, having played with dolls as girls, knew the drill and men had no clue and were just not part of the nursery. When you bought the baby layette you knew and understood what was there and how to use it. 21 x 40, prefolds or 27 x 27's. There was also the option of homemade which was very often th choice since it was economical and easily done. Then in the late 1960's contour/fitted and later still, AIO's and picket diapers, along with the rest. Then came different kinds of panties and now wraps plus the usual fear-mongering about PVC and some God-Forbid-You-Should-Get-It illness, etc...etc. So that now the whole thing is a navigational nightmare.

Back in the day "rubber panties" were one thing and that is what you got. What you did have were different grades from thin and grainy to thick and smooth. They came "packaged" in two ways. in 3 and 4 packs, unless you got a whole layette, or on cardboard holders out in the open so that you could take them up, look at and feel them. This last was being done as late as 1985

The net result was that you could look at themn, feel them and acqaint yourself with what you were getting. and mothers knew what to look for

Now, that is not the case. You buy and order online so you may get a good look but you certainly do not get up close

With the exception of my Comco and A C Medical reviews, I do not see any in-depth presentations. Mostly it is a few sentences and done; nothing from which I can make sense or even get a good approximation

These tell me hardly anything, I want to know about the material, is it thick or thin? What is it like? What are the measurements of the crotch, seams or shortest (waist to legband) length and fullness? Since I cannot pick the things up and look at them, spread them out, test the elastics, etc. I can not even hazared a guess.

Since the customer can no longer pick up the item and since there are so many choices, we really need to do a better job of describing product, both at the company site and in recommandations

• Like 1

Agreed- well said Christine. One line reviews are tolerable for disposables, but I would really like to know more before I order recyclables. How well did it fit you and what is your body type? How does it feel? Is the cut OK? Does it wash easily and how does it change after regular laundry cycles? Any wash or dry warnings in the package? Any you have learned the hard way? Smooth or rough? rigid or soft? How are the snaps or velcro? Photos are a great thing here- folded out on a table, and being worn.

Given the state of the economy, few of us have extra money to burn. More information is great, and we should receive extra brownie points for posting more informative reviews.

Cheers,

(no longer) new2inc

At the risk of doing a cross or re post, here is how I do it

Here are examples of what I mean and how I do it based on what I fond to be important

Comco Pull On Panties

Comco Snap On Panties

A. C. Medical Beta

A. C. Medical High Waist Christy Diaper Panties

Head to head comparisons like this is called "shootout". I think it would be desireable to use the paramters used here in the new review section

And as for my diapers http://www.dailydiap...showtopic=28199

Now, do I leave any questions unanswered?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

In terms of presentation of information about products by the retailer, I have been very happy with Fetware, who offer a goof amount of information on all of their products including thickness of the material in questions, a description of the material, and a full host of very accurate measurements for any given product. For example.

I did not see a description of the texture, unless I missed something

A.C. Medical gives a fuller description of the materla and usually has many pictures, as well as the measurements

When you say "anything of which there are 100 kinds is not a class or category" it shows that you haven't really thought this through deeply enough. A car is still a car even though there are well over 100 kinds of them. Ditto dresses, panties, and yes diapers and diaper covers too. You get too tied up in the semantics and details to see the overall picture as well as you could. Focus is good but tunnel-vision isn't! To take your view even further, no review is complete without an exact micrometer-measured thickness description including the thinnest and thickest spots, the average thickness, and the variances of these in panties which have texture and therefore variable thickness. No exactness of color is given- there are scientific color scales and descriptives of every hue and tone and these are lacking in every description too. Where do we find the exact description of the pressure variance of elastics? It isn't there either.

There are reasons for this occurrence. Not only do almost none of us have the scientific equipment and experience needed to accurately gather this data, for the most part none of us really care about such exactness. We get what we want from most descriptions as they are so long as no major point is omitted. You are almost alone in your zeal for that, and I fear that may hamper your enjoyment of things described. I suggest a more care-free approach aimed at deriving the maximum pleasure instead of exactness- life is too short to not have as much fun as you can along the way.

Bettypooh

In the first playce you are taking my remark way too literally. But to your cases. Cars are a way of life for many persons and how many girls and women do you see wearing dresses these days? Not a fifth of what it was 25 years ago. At the height of the industry cars fell into about 4 classes, 4 makers with 13 "brands" that fell into those classes Buick Riveiera, Dodge Monaco and Ford Thunderbird filled the same niche; ditto Ford Mustang, Plymouth Barracuda and Chevy Camaro/Pontiac Firebird. Alongside that If you got a VW, Renault. or itsl like, then you got a Bug or a Dauphine or the like. If you got a Ferrari or Mserati then you were getting pretty much a known qunatity. Even Arerican Motors pretty much specialized in "economy" until the early 1970's. Generally the customer knew the territory and what he/she wanted and could dispense with 90% of the rest or go to the showrooms and poke around. After 1968 it started to get crazy These days I do not even try to figure out cars because I get a headache. In 1952 you had 4 choices in baby diapers and 3 kinds of panties rubber, plastic and very few nylon (which was like a very tiny afterthought) Then as far as plastic pants went you had 2 or 3 grades, usually 2 the cheap thin grainy material or the thicker smooth material but more expensive Then you had the adult counterpart. That worked. Now, I have lost track of the baby diapers both cloth and throw-away and if you look at our current review section, it boggles the mind. There comes a point at which the mental tabulator breaks down and as I said, you need a glossary. There is such a thing as too many choices and it gets to the point of separating the flyspecks from the pepper. I gave up after awhile and I started out bound and determined just to exercise my prowess; I just went into overload. I have a better grasp of computer and computer-based products like digital cameras, media/media players and even phones (about which I know very little since I just use a cell phone to "touch base" when I am going somewhere). This has reached a level where it is for persons without lives. Even the Spanish Inquisition had ony 5 "degrees" and which was for what was only a matter for the higher-ups. As it is, I know more about diapers than I really want to