LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Told My Therapist, Wow!

I have been seeing a therapist for counseling since January. Originally, it was for depression, but now I go because I enjoy it. The wife and I are having some problems and it's good to just vent sometimes.

Anyways, I have already revealed to her that I like cross dressing, but I have a difficult time accepting it. I never brought up being an AB/DL because I don't have a problem accepting that part of me. However, I told her about it during our last session two weeks ago with about 10 minutes left. She has always seemed open and never judgmental.

I went to see her today and she informed me that she had done some research on infantilism.I was thrilled that she took a genuine interest in it. She said, "So what are you? Are you an AB or DL? Or perhaps both?" I told her that I was a little of both with some sissy inclinations. She said,"Oh yeah. I forgot about the the sissy babies." I have to admit, I was impressed. She seems more interested in diapers now than I do.

I thought I would share that with everyone because I have seen numerous posts about telling therapists, but I couldn't recall a response this positive.

• Like 1

That's really awesome! I never told any of the therapists that i went to although one knew simply because my mum told her :crybaby:

Nonetheless, that still really neat

Hey, it's better then my therapist. He didn't think "fix it, fix it" but it was like I had to do his job.

what do you mean?

My therapist actually supports my use of diapers as an emotional support and continues to urge me to work on getting my wife to understand.

I told mine about it and I get the sense that he is neutral on it, doesn't know what it is really...and maybe doesn't WANT to know...? *shrug*

I let him ask the questions, and if I have any activities worth reporting I mention it. Like my lunch with Michelle and other such activities. he seems kind of surprised that I do these things...but maybe it will get him to do some research and digging on his own...or not..*shrug*

it's just a part of me that I'm (finally) OK with :D getting others there though is a different story....not that it really matters :P

i told a couple of mine, one was very interested, but i moved to a new grouphome very shortly after and as i did got a new one, the rest where very negitive about it. one outright asked if i became aroused near young children, and another told me outright i was sick and should be sent to a specific home for sexual deviants. bastards. but i am happy you have a positive outlook!

My psychiatrist had to do a yearly 're interview' type thing to like update his records and i'm a wise ass, so when he asked me again am i still sexually active, how many partners, do i use protection... i said to the protection one... oh yeah we use baby powder and/or desitin every time... and he laughed and then was like "you're serious?" i was like "oh yeah we are into the whole adult baby play thing" and he was just like "ohhhh ok.... do you have any more risky sexual behaviors and do you take proper precautions?" and i was like ohhh noo worries we aren't into like having sex while bungie jumping or anything.... and he laughed and then we moved on....

Its always nice when a dr. takes the time to research something if they are not familiar with it, and the be able to revisit it with the patient to understand what it is the patient needs regarding the issue.

When I told her last time she said, "Yeah, I have heard of it. Isn't it when...Oh wait. Why don't you tell me about it?" So at first, I thought she was messing with me. However, when she started quizzing me earlier today about AB/DL, I noticed that she took a genuine interest in it. I felt flattered. She was even supportive of me wearing in public. She quizzed me quite a bit about that.

• Like 2
Guest diaperboykcmo

I see a shrink for bipolar. Been off and on seeing a dr since I was 12. My step mom was cleaning my room and she found my diapers, they sent me to a shrink this was in 88. The dr was a guy from India he had no idea what it was. Think he really thought I was crazy. He was answering the questions for me, cause I had no idea why I liked the diapers bottles ect. Did absolutley no good!

I went back to a shrink, after I had a bad trip. I told him everything, I feel if I'm going to get help he needs to know everything. The one thing we focused on was my ab triangle relationship, with my xgf/mommy and her mom. Jerry Springer for real!

My last shrink, told him, he just said if it's not hurting anyone, then there's nothing wrong with it. We all deal with things differentley, some turn to drugs, some beat their wives, some gamble, some eat ect. So if we turn to diapers, bottles ect, what' the harm.

My new philoosophy is this. For those that don't understand us, it's cause they haven't experienced what we have. Good for them, they had a good or normal childhood.

I can only speak for myself, but I was abused by my mom and dad. I saw my dad beat my mom, he was a cop and he would handcuff her and beat the shit out of her. As a child developing, it's important how you're raised, that's how you're shaped and formed.

I feel for me, that since I didn't have a good childhood, there's a void there and I feel safe and secure when I'm in my baby mode. I feel I'm trying to get my childhood back, or just esperience a loving and caring childhood. Maybe there's that part of me, that's buried so deep in me, that's stuck and needs that nurturing.

My x gf's mom is still in my life and I've talked to some of her kids. Some know about her babying me, trust me being around some is very uncomfortable. My x told some of her family about the baby side, once we broke up. I only talk to a few of them, she comes from a big family, 6 daughters, and 2 sons. The ones I do talk to, we don't talk about the baby side, I've just told them, their mom is such a great person. She knows all about me and my family, and she just has so much love to give and is such a caring person. That's why she helps and loves me.

Kinda got off topic, my point is. Dr's, friends, family. They may not understand us, I was just giving an example of my story. How I told my doctors ect.

I'm glad you have an accepting therapist. One of my good friends is a therapist and she recently mentioned she had a patient that was into diapers. I was surprised how totally judgmental she was about it. Meanwhile I'm standing there thinking how she's totally judging me and doesn't even know it. ::sigh::

She was even supportive of me wearing in public.

That's pretty cool. It's a bit like wearing 'gender inappropriate' underwear beneath your clothes, no one has to know but you get to enjoy the feeling. There are some ABs and DLs who genuinely cope better with life when they're diapered. I'm sure that an open-minded therapist would want you to consider anything that would be harmless to others, and help you have a better outlook.

I remember when I finally told my counselor. She was the first person I actually told who wasn't "online". I remember I typed up a three page letter and when I got in I handed her a thing I had made for her...and gave her the letter. Then I just stood around and she told me I could sit, but for once I asked if we could take a walk like she always asked if I wanted to. So we walked and she read the letter. All the time I hadn't a clue where she was in the letter and it bothered me not to know, because I wanted to be prepared for what to say. Anyways she seemed to take it well. What stunned me was when she asked "Do you use the diapers" I was to taken back by the question that I lied and said no. But when she asked I was already tempted to just run away.

I like that your counselor looked it up. I don't think mine really did. And we rarely talked about it, because I was too embarrassed and shut down when she brought it up. However I did wear there a few times, and I was always curious if she knew.... But I'm glad you seemed to have a better experience with your counselor. Although i would say mine was pretty good, because she talk about ways to fix me.

• Like 1

I just want to throw this out there. I never intended to tell her. However, it just popped up and I'm really glad it did. I told her about wearing in public, which for me is very rare, and she said that she could see how invigorating it would be for me. She did ask me, "Can't people hear them." I told her they could if they were trying really hard, but who's really trying to hear a diaper on a college campus?

She never asked me if I used them. I found that interesting as well. I will continue to update the situation as it goes. I did tell her to visit this site because it was the best out there. Let's see if she listens.