LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diaper As A Stuffer

I sometimes use cloth diapers as stuffers inside my Depends. I like the bulk and extended wear time without the cost of a premium disposable. But after a length of time my butt gets sensitive and I swear I can feel the actual weave of the cloth. Its irritating and forces me to change before I want to. I use single ply gauze diapers, folded.

Do any of you CD fans have this problem?

Anondl

I use cloth pre folds as stuffers quite a bit. I use them in everything from Attends to Dry 24/7. I find that after a while they do get heavy and clammy on the skin. The only downside I have found on doing this is that they hold so much they get smelly (like ammonia) after a while. I dont to this as much as I use though. I makes a lot of laundry :lol: When I want a thick diaper, this is the only way to go B)

You can make a thinner diaper, like Invacare, or even Attends, last a lot longer with cloth diaper soakers, even boost pads, as well. It keeps the disposable from leaking with heavy wetting, and you can feel your wetting, kind of a delightful feeling. Depending upon how much you are in your diapers, yes, it CAN get aggravating or even whip up some diaper rash or the beginnings of rash. However, if you don't stay in messy diapers too long, and get a shower or bath on a regular basis, and to enhance your skin's ability to hand wet diapers for long periods, a regime of either skin cream, diaper rash cream or powder is helpful until your skin toughens up and can hand wet diapers for longer periods. Too, if your urine becomes more acid, you need to up your hydration with water, and not alcohol or coffee. It will keep the PH of your pee more neutral, which makes it easier to tolerate!

Also, it extends the use of the disposable and you cut down on number needed per day, cutting cost over time, and with cloth baby diapers costing as little as $1 each, new, the upkeep - washing, etc. - is very cost effective.

I think it's a very practical and excellent answer for diaper wear and use for those who choose to do so. True incons may not agree, depending upon their need and use of the diapers THEY choose.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently and at the present moment wearing Tena's x-tra small tight diapers but I very much enjoy stuffing them full and have wondered about cloth diapers and plastic panties. Are they better, more durable and more satisfying than the pull up kind? Any information would be appreciated. Still trying to learn how to wet myself, any advice there would also be appreciated.

tcc makes two good points. A cloth diaper used as a stuffer in a disposable extends the use of the disposable by "bridging" the front to the back of the diaper so that a flooding, rather than leaking, is spread throughout the whole disposable, front to back. More of the disposable is used and there is less waste. If you can tolerate a wet feeling, likely a second or even third wetting in the same diaper is possible. One uses fewer diapers and thus saves money.

I like a dry diaper. I like a wet diaper, too. A little piece of wet cloth is nothing to complain about.

Anondl. If you can feel the weave of the cloth, enjoy it!

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers

• 11 months later...

I am using cloth nappies as stuffers for the first time. Its an interesting experience especially because you have to wet so much to get through the cloth to hit the disposable. I've wet enough to make most disposables pretty heavy but it only makes the smallest of marks thus far.

Sounds like it's very much and individual matter. I just do cloth OR spoises, not both at the same time. When I use cloth, I don't have the issues the OP had with soreness.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone do the opposite?; Well sort of the opposite, and this isn't something I've tried yet, but may, when I get hold of some disposables.

How I mean is, putting a reusable, cloth diaper (or just improvising with thick towels), on the outside of the disposable (maybe with plastic pants outside the lot, to hold it as one), in order to make it feel a lot bulkier?

One thing I like is the 'feel', as it were, and certainly when at home, alone, and being spotted in public isn't an issue, making it really bulky to the point where it alters how it feels to walk and sit etc...

I was thinking, putting the cloth reusable diaper on the outside, meaning it wouldn't one hopes, get dirty, so that one wouldn't necessarily have to be washed (overly frequently), just, of course, the inner disposable diaper to dispose of once one has spent a long enough time diapepred and wet/soiled...

Just curious, I'm still really exploring options and choices as regards disposables and getting proper cloth ones..

Oh, I was completely wrong. I was thinking of Stocking Stuffers at Christmas time. They'd be dandy stocking stuffers too. Of course it would be better if you had someone to give them to or to get them from.