LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Casts

toddwr250r

I have thought of wearing casts a few times with diapers of coarse. The ones that you would have trouble changing a diaper while wearing; just to see if anyone would help me change or not. Also thought of casting myself to make a model of myself. A full body model.

I also got a cast fetish either arm and leg, not a full body one though.

However it generates ALOT of heat to apply plaster or paris bandages, so can cause burns to your skin.

So without a proper offical guide how to do a full body cast. I'd rather not say.

Arm and leg casts use a stocking and padding which stops the heat from the plaster of paris bandages sticking to your actual skin and also burning(more like scalding) the skin.

Also removing it without a special saw can be a problem. Either special plaster clippers can be used or you can re-soak the bandage in water and un-wind it. However sometimes that doesn't work.

http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/OperationalMedicine/DATA/operationalmed/Procedures/PlasterCastaForearmFracture.htm

That's about the most 'offical' guide I could find for applying and removing an arm cast. Looks like they left out the stocking though, offical my arse.

^^^ Proper medical vid showing applying leg cast.

Offical medical guide of how to apply a leg cast:

ya, i've been looking into it and by far the fiberglass seems better to me, colors and water (read pee) proof, i am dreaming of a double long leg with knees bent at 90 deg. and a double shoulder spica minerva with supports between my arms and my knees, keeping my diaper area exposed, but all this supposes that there would be someone else to both put me into the cast and to change and feed me on occation. anyone wanna give it a go? do for me for a while and i would gladly do for you

For the playing thing, wouldn't something like aircast or samsplint be the easier thing? These are also reuseable and, as lightning already stated, plaster is a bummer to get off.

As for being completely immobilised* and needing care: wow, sounds good, but you'll need a real buddy for that...

* I thought about this before, with a rather SciFi-style exoskeleton kind of setup. Something that locks your arms and legs and maybe a neckbrace, too. Moveable, but only by your carer, so that you can be taken from your bed to the wheelchair, into a car and so on.

I'd have some tubing with it, but that's personal preference. :closedeyes:

tubing? like a cath?

Yep, and maybe a NG tube as we're at it. That wouldn't look overdone in public (With some clothes on, of course! Should look like the aftermath of a nasty accident, not a mediperv exhibitionist!). A double balloon enema tube (we're thinking of a 3-way valve on it here, with some kind of waste collection) could also be possible, for an occasional flushing, no one would see under a blanket and with the accessories stashed in the wheelchair

Indoors, in this fictional private ICU setting, a LMA hooked up to a ventilator would be nice, too. You could still use the NG tube, although it's not NG anymore, more like OG, if you use an i-gel LMA, they've got a channel for that. Or, if you can tolerate (which I can't, they're just very uncomfortable to me) it, a Combitube.

An ETT would probably be the thing altogether, if you have someone to set it, I can't get it in by myself, no view (does anyone sell a cheap glidescope?) and fumbling...

Yes, tubing. :blush:

I liek.

ya, i've been looking into it and by far the fiberglass seems better to me, colors and water (read pee) proof, i am dreaming of a double long leg with knees bent at 90 deg. and a double shoulder spica minerva with supports between my arms and my knees, keeping my diaper area exposed, but all this supposes that there would be someone else to both put me into the cast and to change and feed me on occation. anyone wanna give it a go? do for me for a while and i would gladly do for you

The fibreglass casts are very dangerous to remove. Unless you have the right tools and knowledge.

As the fibreglass particles can be inhaled,get in the skin,eyes etc.

Normally a special fibreglass cutting saw would be used(as fibreglass is much tougher than plaster) but the blade of the saw would be even more dangerous.

It with a dust extracter to stop you inhaling it and spreading it everywhere. And both the patient and the person who would remove the cast would wear protective googles.

Stick to normal plaster casts if you must and you can get around the plaster cutting saw by using special plaster cutting shears. They are also used if kids or people don't like the noise the plaster saw makes.

http://boneandspine.com/plaster-techniques/removal-of-plaster-casts/

http://reviews.ebay.com/BELLY-CASTING-101-Preparing-Your-Pregnancy-Souvenir_W0QQugidZ10000000001978614

There's a body casting example but doesn't use plaster of paris bandage, but the artistics plaster of paris and petroleum jelly and gauze pads as the layer underneath. So that the plaster doesn't stick to your skin and comes off fairly easy.

I'm quoting an offical article I found of how to apply and remove a cast properly.

Cast Fabrication:

[u]"As mentioned previously, immobilization is often a part of the overall therapy of the orthopedic patient; casting is the most common and well-known form of long-term immobilization. In some instances, a corpsman may be required to assist in applying a cast or be directed to apply or change a cast. In this section, we will discuss the method of applying a short- and long-arm cast, and a short-leg cast.

In applying any cast, the basic materials are the same: webril or cotton bunting, plaster of Paris, a bucket or basin of tepid water, a water source (tap water), protective linen, gloves, a working surface, a cast saw, and seating surfaces for the patient and the corpsman. Some specific types of casts may require additional material.

Short-Arm Cast - A short-arm cast extends from the metacarpal-phalangeal joints of the hand to just below the elbow joint. Depending on the location and type of fracture, the physician may order a specific position for the arm to be casted. Generally, the wrist is in a neutral (straight) position with the fingers slightly flexed in the position of function.

Beginning at the wrist, apply three layers of webril. Then apply webril to the forearm and the hand, making sure that each layer overlaps the other by a third as shown in figure 5-4. Check for lumps or wrinkles and correct any by tearing the webril and smoothing.

The plaster of Paris is then dipped into the water for approximately 5 seconds. Gently squeeze to remove excess water, but do not wring out. Beginning at the wrist (fig. 5-4C) wrap the plaster in a spiral motion overlapping each layer by one-third to one-half. Smooth out the layers with a gentle palmar motion. When applying the plaster, make tucks by grasping the excess material and folding it under as if making a pleat. Successive layers cover and smooth over this fold. When the plaster is anchored on the wrist, cover the hand and the palmar surface before continuing up the arm (figs. 5-4D and 5-4E). Repeat this process until the cast is thick enough to provide adequate support, generally 4 to 5 layers. The final step is to remove any rough edges and smooth the cast surface. The ends of the cast are turned back and covered with the final layer of plaster, and the plaster is set for approximately 15 minutes and then trimmed with a cast saw as needed.

Long-Arm Cast - The procedure for a long-arm cast is basically the same as for a short-arm cast except the elbow is maintained in a 90 degrees position, the cast begins at the wrist and ends on the upper arm below the axilla, and the hand is not wrapped.

Short-Leg Cast - In applying a short- leg cast, seat the patient on a table with both legs over the side, flexed at the knee. Instruct the patient to hold the affected leg, with the ankle in a neutral position (90 degrees). Make sure that the foot is not rotated medially or laterally. Beginning at the toes, apply webril (figs. 5-5A, 5-5B, and 5-5C) in the same manner as for the short-arm cast, ensuring that there are no lumps or wrinkles. Apply the plaster beginning at the toes (fig. 5-5E), using the same technique of tucks and folds and smoothing as for the short-arm cast. Before applying the last layer, expose the toes and fold back the webril. As the final step, apply a footplate to the plantar surface of the cast using a generous thickness of plaster splints secured with one to two rolls of plaster (fig. 5-5F). This area provides support to the cast and a weight-bearing surface when used with a walking boot.

Whenever a cast is applied, you must provide the patient with written and verbal instruction for cast care and circulation checks, i.e., numbness, cyanosis, tingling of extremities, and instruct him or her to return immediately should any of these conditions occur. When a leg cast is applied, the patient must also receive instructions in the proper usage of crutches. The cast will take 24 to 48 hours to completely dry and must be treated gently during this time. Since plaster is water-soluble, the cast must be protected with a waterproof covering when bathing or during wet weather. Nothing must be stuck down the cast, i.e., coat hangers, as this can cause bunching of the padding and result in pressure sores. If swelling occurs, the cast may be split and wrapped with an ace bandage to alleviate pressure.

Cast Removal

A cast can be removed in two ways: by soaking in warm vinegar/water solution until it dissolves or in the usual way by cutting. To remove by cutting, cast cutters, spreaders, and bandage scissors are necessary. Cuts are made laterally and medially along the long axis of the cast and are widened with the use of spreaders. The padding is then cut with the scissors."http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/OperationalMedicine/DATA/operationalmed/Manuals/HM32/Chapter05/Chapter05.htm#ch05o2

Materials needed to apply a cast:

http://suppliescentral.net/cast_kit.html

http://orthotape.com/

Best find ever, yet....

Don't forget some safety overalls,safety goggles and respirator mask and gloves if you cut off a fibreglass cast without a dust extractor.

The cast shears are cheap, whereas the cast saw is very expensive.

Gloves are needed for applying both the plaster and fibreglass casts. Latex or better the nitile gloves.

Safety things to use during cast removal: http://orthotape.com/gore_Zip_Stick_cast_removal_tool.asp

(Inserted down cast, when cutting it off, so your skin doesn't get friction burnt or cut).

Also this: http://orthotape.com/GORE_DE_FLEX_Protective_Strip.asp ,is another protective strip which can be stick inside the cast between the padding and cast itself. And doesn't create much more trhickness but protects the skin against friction burns or cuts when it's removed.

Not sure what it's made of, could be kelvar.

http://www.plasterlinks.com/medical_casting.html

• Like 1

Plaster cast saw: I nearly shit myself when I had a full leg cast cut off with one of those (I was 12 or so then), because I mistook it for some sort of angle grinder thingy. Then the nurse showed me that the blade doesn't actually rotate but oscillates. If I remember correctly, that saw was even orange, which makes me think that the cast saws are probably low voltage versions of the Fein brand Multimaster oscillator cutter. For home use surely an alternative, and should be able to be picked up second hand from ebay with still a lot of life in it (hard wearing stuff). And they are an excellent DIY tool as well.

How totally kewl to legitimize the need for diapers! You can't get to the toidy in a timely manner, though pewping in the diaper, with a cast on, might make cleanup tougher. I usually hop into the shower at those times. Can't really do that with a plaster cast....

And, a cast would really necessitate the need for snap-on style plastic pants if you use plastic pants! I guess I've had a very infrequent fleeting thought about the immobilization-bondage aspect of a leg cast or double leg cast, but that's about it. However, needing to change a hawt young thing, immobilized by a leg cast or leg casts, and needing to be diapered for practical reasons definitely is a schwing thing!

Glad the thread was started!

How totally kewl to legitimize the need for diapers! You can't get to the toidy in a timely manner, though pewping in the diaper, with a cast on, might make cleanup tougher. I usually hop into the shower at those times. Can't really do that with a plaster cast....

And, a cast would really necessitate the need for snap-on style plastic pants if you use plastic pants! I guess I've had a very infrequent fleeting thought about the immobilization-bondage aspect of a leg cast or double leg cast, but that's about it. However, needing to change a hawt young thing, immobilized by a leg cast or leg casts, and needing to be diapered for practical reasons definitely is a schwing thing!

A fibreglass cast with waterproof padding can be got wet though.

The best ever combonation would be:

diaper fetish(especially really wet thick disposables) + cast fetish (arm or leg, plaster or fibreglass) + handcuff fetish(pink handcuffs or police type ones) + chavvy/slutty/tarty girl fetish with skimpy clothing, huge hooped earrings, buckets of makeup, fake orange tans, peroxide bleached hair.

• 3 weeks later...

pardon me? this would be the best combonation for what?!?!

Just like my hottest fantasy basically. Pretty unlikely to happen in real life UNLESS I went out with a chav girl who loved those fetishes. Rare as rocking horse shit but possible.

• 9 months later...

I'm just going to BUMP this thread rather than re-create a new one.

Is this cast fetish rarer than a diaper fetish?

Because I ask, for recreational/fetish wearing of casts both plaster or fibreglass types, apart from a short arm cast, is very difficult to apply yourself than any other types yourself like say a leg cast.

It might be possible to do a leg yourself , but the part where it goes between the toes and removal of that part is hard to do.

The electric cast saw is $500 used and then you need the 110v-240v transformer for the uk so that option is too expensive.

2nd option is cast shears or those paramedic tuff-cut shears (that can be bought anywhere online) that cut through anything as thick as sheet metal(been tried and tested).

http://orthotape.com/cast_removal_cutting_shears.asp OR http://www.physio-med.com/Tuff-Cut-Scissors.html

Fiskars Razor Sharp Scissors for cutting through the padding and stockinette:

http://orthotape.com/Fiskars_Razor_Edged_Scissors.asp

And waterproof cast padding: http://orthotape.com/wateproof_Cast_padding_short_arm_cast.asp

Plus the fibreglass cast tape

Plus Latex Casting Gloves 1-Pair (except probably the Nitrile gloves will be loads better I got already).

Seems no stockinette is needed for the waterproof type of cast.

• 1 month later...