LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Drawer Full Of Protective Underwear

With Protective Underwear commercials seemingly on the rise and more mainstreem then ever, it got me thinking about a few things. The manufactures of these products like Depend and Tena have made their commercials for these products to seem as though the buyer is just buying regular old underwear. Their commercials show empowering women, going about their daily business, they're happy, driven and have an attitude like nothings gonna stop me. The commercials are even going as far as showing women wearing them and checking themselves out wearing them in the mirror. They also show them pulling them from the dresser drawer just as though they've replaced all their "normal" underwear with "protective underwear". Another thing they often show is someone who isn't really that old (mid 40's??) wearing slim fitting clothes to obviously show off their discreteness. Some videos below if you'd like to see a couple ads. There are definately more out there that show more.

Depend Ad

Tena Ad

Tena Ad 2

I guess my question really is, are there people out there who are just seemingly replacing their underwear with these absorbant ones? Do people have a sock and underwear drawer full of "Depend Colors" or something similar? "What color will I wear today?, oh these look nice". I'm sure there are obviously people who do only wear protective underwear but do you really think in their minds they feel as though it's "just underwear"? Are they really better than a pad or liner, like the ones for bladder protection. Not sure as I'm male. I just wonder if people are just thinking, "heck, I gotta wear a big thick pad and why not kill two birds with one stone?, I'll just wear these disposable underwear with a pad built in the middle". Seems so crazy that it's almost "normal" to just wear what I still think of as a diaper now? Don't get me wrong, I like diapers but it's like the mfg are doing some smoke and mirrors and tricking people into just thinking, it's not a diaper, it's just a pad with throw away underwear attached and nobody will notice them on me anyway. The commercials are really more geared at women though I have seen some for men too portraying the products as a "looks like regular underwear" but have yet to see men modeling them infront of a mirror or pulling clothes over them.

We all know here, how innefective these protective underwear truly are for incontinence. I hardly know a one here who's had any success with any brand. They're definatley marketed as anywhere from small accidents to big ones as they are supposedly very absorbant.

So any of you out there have a drawer full of protective underwear? I know many of us have drawers full of brief style diapers so I'm not talking about you guy. Has anyone found the underwear that great? What's so great about them? How do you feel about them?

What do you think about the whole "protective underwear" advertising?

I thought about this for a bit, then realized that all these ads are directed towards the now aging "baby boomer" generation, of which I am at the tail end :blush:

The manufacturers are (not so) suggesting or whispering to these people that they are getting older, and have older parents, and that if they have any kind of...uhh....'containment issues' :P they might consider these (or other BETTER) products to manage their situation. Or remember these items for when you 'might' need them down the road.

Thats all this is, a message for the future for all the potential leakage and containment challenges that many millions of 'boomers' might be facing one day...not so subliminal messages, but we'll see where this takes those manufacturers in the future years ;)

It's the same thing the fed is doing in 'suggesting' and offering the ROTH IRA program, and constantly raising the allowable dollar amount that is deposited each year (now currently $6000 for a single person) My CPA said it's just the fed whispering that social security might not be available in coming years or be severly cut back, s you have to save and invest now so you can have something in the future etc...

whispers whispers whispers....

Nice underwear there ;)

A partial answer :whistling: I wear "protective underwear" daily :D They offer better leak protection and hold more than the cheaper 'pads' I've tried :) but less than "Brief" style diapers :( "Incontinence" comes in many styles too :blush: from minor stress leakage when you move to a totally ineffective sphincter to a bladder that fills then releases uncontrollably ;) For my minor issues these are a perfect solution, though most days I could get by with pads (though I don't want to B) ) What's so 'great' about them? For one thing you haven't lost the toilet option. Sure, you can untape many briefs but with these there's no noise, just pull down and go :whistling: Another thing is cost- my "daily diapers" (pun intended) are about $0.60 each; even on sale briefs cannot match that and my almost non-existent budget can afford them :girl_happy: They are more discreet than briefs (and that can be important :rolleyes: ) Mostly they are diapers, albeit not great ones, so for a DL like me they make being in diapers 24/7 easier to do and they keep my outer clothing dry which is something I spent half my life worrying about :unsure: I did consider putting these in my lingerie drawer- I even did that for a few days- and then I decided to put them back in the closet for discretion purposes -_- But I didn't put the panties back- the few that remain are briefs which I sometimes wear over my "pull-ups" and the panties I wear with pads on those very rare days when I want to go that route (and my bladder will let me).

It's true that the marketing for these promises more than they can deliver, but that's normal isn't it? All they are trying to do is to make more sales and make more money by getting people who don't need them to buy them anyway- the whole idea behind marketing :angry: They will be bought by those in need when they fit the role they play without being marketed. Life is better in diapers no matter what level of protection they are :groupwave:

Bettypooh

Well, I have a few packs of GoodNites in my underwear drawer. :P I would never replace my regular underwear with anything like that though. For me it's either wear underwear, goodnites, or even something a little more absorbent with tapes. There's no one thing that can possibly fit every single situation perfectly. :) And besides, those protective underwear things are no fun. ;)

Guest scenarioX

What I love about Depend underwear is that they say in big bold letters... Depend underwear FOR MEN! It's hard fo rthe cashier not to see it lol..if she's a hot cashier it makes my experience a little more hot lmao.