LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

To understand what kind of diapers I wear now, you must understand what it was like for me to be a "part time"little girl between 1952 and 1955.

If you read my blog then you know how that all started. Though there were two or three other families who were willing to have me as a girl occasionally. It was predominantly with the Rocque (pronounced "rock" and I am not sure that I have the spelling right with regard to the "c") family that I spent most of my girl time. For one thing, they were close by and for another we saw a good deal of them and 3 of the girls often came to our house. I do not even remeber meetnig them. It is just that at one time they were not there and at another they were frequent visitors. As part of being a 6-8 yearo old girl, I got a little surprise,: If I was to be at the houses of these families for a considerable amount of time, usually with two or three other girls, it was the custom that any of us under 8 was to wear diapers and rubber panties. This was because the families did not want the children (read "girls"; since boys tended to roam and could always find an out of the way place to relieve themselves while girls stayed pretty close to the house where they would spend the afternoon) always in and out of the bathroom or just "the toilet ['where's jimmy', 'he's in the toilet']" if there was no full bathroom, which was not uncommon in this area in 1952, 3 and up until 1959, always flushing the toilet. If a child could not comfortably go for at least two hours between trips to the toilet then she would be in diapers and whereever I was to stay for an afternoon or night, I was to be treated "...like one of your own [girls]". This sounds strange until you realize that all of the grownups had lived through the Depression not more than 15 years before and were very cost-conscious and considered a $6/month water bill outrageious in 1953. Also this was the day of the 5 gallon toilet. It was cheaper to wash almost a dozen large diapers a week than to have the toilet being flushed 4 or 5 extra times in one afternoon (being from about 12:00 to 4:30 PM) 3, sometimes 4 times a week during school vacations. Again, it was not could you go for two hours, but could yuo do so comfortably and not be squirming or making a nuisance of yourself or with no fear of "accidents" and only if there were 2 or 3 who met that criteron or if one was long-term charge to be 'minded"

At this time. Prefolds had just come out. Also there were no diapers for 6 or 7 year olds readily available and parents were a bit embarrassed to ask about such things. While, in my area (the Southeastern Mass. RI border), it was considered wasteful to spend that kind of money on infants' and toddlers' diapers because mothers knew how to make and sew diapers for them that could be used for other things as well and fabric stores were all over the nearby city, it was not so for the over 4 children. However, at 14" x 21" before shrinkage, even multiple layersd, a single prefold would not hold a 7-1/2 year old for an afternoon or even fit well and the diapers one wore as a baby/toddler were out of the question and either given away or used with dolls. What "Mrs' Rocque" did was take 3 prefolds and arrange them like this

d1.jpg

and sew them together. The other persons I stayed with as a girl soon learned the same

During vacations, I would go to the Rocque's house, about 1/3 of a mile from where I lived, with the 3 girls Carol (who I never saw that much of), 11, Anne, 10 and Linda who was my age plus about 4 or 5 months; this having started when I was about 6-2/3 (It was middle spring 1952), at about noon, from my house, to which they would have come at about 9. when Mrs Rocque came home from working in a dressmaking shop for lunch and that is where we spent the afternoon. Mrs. Rocque would dress and diaper me, then diaper Linda and then go back to work. Carol and the oldest girl, Whose name I never knew until we met 30 years later, also worked cleaining houses. They came home around 4, clean us up and put my regular clothes back on me and I would be taken home unless I was to spend the night there.

I was dressed and diapered in the "upstairs" part of the house which was about 30 or 40 years old. The "upstairs" was a two-room loft that you got at by putting a ladder through a trap door. Mrs Rocque, Carol and the older girl who I never saw that much slept in one room, Anne and Linda, and sometimes I slept in the other. Here is how the diaper was put on: After the baby lotion and powder were put on, The middle was pulled between my legs, the two "arms" pulled around my waist and fastened with one pin in the center. The same was done with Linda. Over that went a pair of snap-on (new at the time) then a pair of pull on panties. Since the diapers were kind of big, Mrs Rocque felt that two rubber panties were in order. Another strange thing about this house was that the toilet and washer were in the besement. There was no direct route from the main floor to the partially above ground basement, you had to go out the door, around and in through the basement door. Having spent some time in a summer cottage between the time I was 3 and 5, I had the impresion that this house was built as a summer cottage with a privy and adapted over time to live in full-time. There were 2 sets of electric outlets in the kitchen, which used gas, a total of 3 sets in the large, 12 x 15 foot living room and the only "upstairs" outlets were the light fixtures in each room since the only electric items that most persons had were radios and irons, and all the basement had was one two outlet set and a light. Each upstairs room had a pipe along one side where dresses and coats were hung and 3 dressers. one of the dresser drawers in Anne and Linda's room had just these home-made diapers, about a dozen and a half and another drawer had rubber panties, some of which were real rubber, because Linda was a bedwetter and they were used as part of punishment; as Mrs. Rocque called it "chastizing".

That became important to me when I spent my first night there. I knew Linda wet because they had slept over at my house a few times and my aunt made sure that I knew about Linda's rubber panties, about which I felt sorry for Linda because I was sure that she did not want people to know about that. I got a surprise the first night I stayed over. First, I was to sleep with Linda, Second; I was to be diapered for bed so that we would not have to open the trap door, put the ladder down, then I would have to go out the door, around to the busement and put the light on and find the toilet. My eyesight being what it is and was, until I was 10, I would not be trusted to get it right so I was diapered for bed with the two pair of rubber panties and a short nightgown (I did not mind that; most of my girl clothes had belonged to Anne, who I kind of liked a lot). Third; the bottom sheet of the bed was a rubber sheet, Baby powder was spead on it when we went to bed and it was damp-wiped when we got up and let to dry as part of "airing out" the bed. What I was to do if I needed to wet was get out of bed, stand up and wet. This was required of me so that I would not become a bedwetter.

At night, since we started getting ready for bed at about 8:30 and would get up at about 7 in the morning, Linda and I would be put in two diapers: one in front and one in back, like this

d2.jpg

The one in front would be pulled between the legs, the arms put around the waist, then the one in back was done in the usual fashion and the panties put over them and everything tucked into place. While it was not a tight fit it nearly used up all the space that the panties had. It also felt very thick, including between my legs and came to be part of what made me feel like a little girl. These diapers fit me from the time I was six utnil I was almost 10 when the Rocques moved away and the other families just sort of became dishinterested and I found other things to do. They fit because when I was 7, they were "too big" that is there was quite a bit of overlap. That was not the case when I was almost 9-1/2. Up until I was 8, If I were to stay for the afternoon and sleep over, Linda and I were diapered for the afternoon and then again at bedtime. Fom the time I was 7-1/2, it was always with 2 diapers until we only had to wet once for the whole afternoon, since one would not quite make it for the afternoon without being a bit over-wet. By that time, I could change a diaper (on a doll), handle a carpet sweeper, help with polishing furnture and set a table for a tea party or help Anne with simple chores (the fact that it was Anne made all the difference)

Over the years as an Adult Very Little Girl, I tried various kinds of diapers but they just did not feel right, even some of the ones I made for myself that consisted or 2 21"x 40" laid along side each other with a center overlap of about 7", two prefolds laid end to end down the center and two mor 21"x40" as the top in the same way as the bottom. About $40 made 6 diapers when the average adult diaper cost about $12-15 and these would go for 6 to 8 hours before needing a change. Though they made me feel like a 3 year old, they did not make me feel little girlish at all. Finally I settled on something that was close to what I had before. There are two kinds of prefold baby diapers. Very thick "DSQ [Diaper service Quality]" and the regular prefold, which are lighter and thinner. The diapers is made one from each of the kinds arranged like this. Since I no lnoger have my (little) girlish figure, the diapers are made like this. Both "DSQ" and Gerber prefolds can be gotten on Ebay, the DSQ for about $24/dozen for something similar to 21"x14" they come in different sizes and the ordiary prefold for about $17 both with shipping and handling extra but soemtimes you can get free shipping and each package males 3 diaperswhich comes to about $9 each for the thick ones and 5 each for the lighter ones

MATERIALS AVAILABILITY: The heavy, thicker diapers are called DSQ, are twill prefolds and are available on Ebay. Pay attention to the size. Form length=19 to 23 inches is good

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=diaper+service+quality+heavy+clothe+diaper+pin+on&_osacat=2984&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdiaper+service+quality+heavy+cloth+diaper+pin+on.TRS0&_nkw=diaper+service+quality+heavy+cloth+diaper+pin+on&_sacat=2984

Gerber bird'seye prefolds are used for the lignt diaper and are pretty standard in size

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=gerber+diaper&LH_BIN=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=gerber+prefold+diaper&_sacat=0

diaper1a.jpg

and look like this when assembled

diaper2a.jpg

To double diaper, one diaper made from thick DSQ prefolds, and the other made from ordinary, lighter prefolds are arranged like this with the lighter diaper in front

diaper3a.jpg

then put on the same way as was done with Linda and me and pinned in the center like this

diaper4a.jpg

There is a good deal of overlap which means there is room to grow and they are so thick that I cannot cross my legs above the knee and feel like a small pillow. Lengthwise, they fit into a large or extra large Babykins with very little room to spare, as far as thickness goes, they fit into the Comco snap on with more room to spare. They are a bit big for Medium Comco panties.

Depending on what I eat or drink, I can go from 8 to usually 12 and as long as 16 hours. I have yet to wet them to the point of being soaked. Usually it is from 7-9 PM to 8-11 AM

I have two dozen of each. Washing and drying, well, I can do 5 of each in a load. As when I was little, the snap-on panties get changed with each diaper and the pull-ons after three changes

These are easy to make, use only one pin so they are easy to use and are inexpensive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found this very intersting, Thanks for sharing this.

I like how kids beeing in diapers was thought of as just another part of life and no one was freaking out about it.

I always relax better when I'm diapered so if I'm at home and didn't plan going out I will be in a diaper, my two close friends know that I'm incontinent but often wonder why I ditch my legbag so readily and wear diapers and plastic pants.

I have explained that phyisically diapers are more comfortable and mentaly assuring and comfortable.

In the summer when it's warn I often sleep ontop of the bed rather than in it so folk in the house are quite used to seeing me in my diaper, I don't wander around the house with my diaper showing though, but nearly everyone knows that I'm wearing them.

I often have been asked why I don't stick with disposables that I do use quite often and try to explain that it's a personal choice and the comfort and secureness far out weighs the washing and drying.

I have seen leg bags let go: HUGE fiasco!!!!

From what I hear of late with disposables and leaks caused by the SAP crystals Cloth may be making a comeback or at least heavy rubber panties. It seems that they have so cheapened the disposables that the SAP crystals (they have to be crystalline to be that hard) are poking through the covering

Also, "kids in diapers being a part of life" was not the case. It was mostly girls and only if there were two or more under 8 years old. Boys tended to roam so they did not stay in one place and the differences in plumbing makes it possible for a boy to do things that a girl cannot and as I said, the parents were embarrassed about it to the point of not asking after ready made diapers for thsoe over 5 and we still wore toddler sized panties, which I could just still fit into up to age 17 with thin or no underwear, which I take to be quite common from what I have seen here.

a very good read ! and wheather it was boys or girls i think !( my own opin ) you were kinda lucky as you did not mind !or seem to mind !.I have had a diaper rubber pants or (whatever becuase i know your very particular )fetish since i was about 6 yrs old and actuallly was not quite trained until i was about 7 (used to mess my pants unfortunally ).But now the funny thhing is i wear dissposies with plastic pants ! well hey it is close but no golden ring ! lol :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Actually I did mind, but I was to be treated as a girl of that age. We all minded but you were little so you did as you were told. You know that if you complained things could get worse. Imagine that you are 7 years old and your mother or someone like that says, if you complain "Do you want me to tell [pick one. friends, favorite teacher, etc] that you still wear rubber panties [or diapers, or diapers and rubber panties; mostly it was the 'rubber' panties: Diapers looked like ordinary pieces of cloth that could be anything but there was no mistaking the rubber panties]?" or worse discussing them with others in front of you, . There was also the threat of the rubber diaper or being made to wear rubber panties with nothing under them (implying in some way that you were an absolute baby), or being made to drink from a bottle and nipple in front of... or not being allowed to play at that house because you use the toilet too much. This was 1953, not 2003 or even 1973

The point though was to explain the origin of the diapers I wear now and how they are made. Not to mention that the price is rigth

The panties, except for some colored once and real rubber ones of which there were about 3, were more like Comco

• 4 weeks later...

To understand what kind of diapers I wear now, you must understand what it was like for me to be a "part time"little girl between 1952 and 1955.

If you read my blog then you know how that all started. Though there were two or three other families who were willing to have me as a girl occasionally. It was predominantly with the Rocque (pronounced "rock" and I am not sure that I have the spelling right with regard to the "c") family that I spent most of my girl time. For one thing, they were close by and for another we saw a good deal of them and 3 of the girls often came to our house. I do not even remeber meetnig them. It is just that at one time they were not there and at another they were frequent visitors. As part of being a 6-8 yearo old girl, I got a little surprise,: If I was to be at the houses of these families fpr a considerable amount of time, usually with two or three other girls, it was the custom that any of us under 8 was to wear diapers and rubber panties. This was because the families did not want the children (read "girls"; since boys tended to roam and could always find an out of the way place to relieve themselves while girls stayed pretty close to the house where they would spend the afternoon) always in and out of the bathroom or just "the toilet ['where's jimmy', 'he's in the toilet']" if there was no full bathroom, which was not uncommon in this area in 1952, 3 and up until 1959, always flushing the toilet. If a child could not comfortably go for at least two hours between trips to the toilet then she would be in diapers and whereever I was to stay for an afternoon or night, I was to be treated "...like one of your own [girls]". This sounds strange until you realize that all of the grownups had lived through the Depression not more than 15 years before and were very cost-conscious and considered a $6/month water bill outrageious in 1953. Also this was the day of the 5 gallon toilet. It was cheaper to wash almost a dozen large diapers a week than to have the toilet being flushed 4 or 5 extra times in one afternoon (being from about 12:00 to 4:30 PM) 3, sometimes 4 times a week during school vacations. Again, it was not could you gp for two hours, but could yuo do so comfortably and not be squirming or making a nuisance of yourself or with no fear of "accidents"

At this time. Prefolds had just come out. Also there were no diapers for 6 or 7 year olds readily available and parents were a bit embarrassed to ask about such things. While, in my area (the Southeastern Mass. RI border), it was considered wasteful to spend that kind of money on infants' and toddlers' diapers because mothers knew how to make and sew diapers for them that could be used for other things as well and fabric stores were all over the nearby city, it was not so for the over 4 children. However, at 14" x 21" before shrinkage, even multiple layersd, a single prefold would not hold a 7-1/2 year old for an afternoon or even fit well and the diapers one wore as a baby/toddler were out of the question and either given away or used with dolls. What "Mrs' Rocque [i never saw a 'Mr. Rocque' but he could have been killed in the war albeit that Linda was around my age plus a few months]" did was take 3 prefolds and arrange them like this

post-27920-0-09026500-1306609804_thumb.j

and sew them together. The other persons I stayed with as a girl soon learned the same

During vacations, I would go to the Rocque's house, about 1/3 of a mile from where I lived, with the 3 girls Carol (who I never saw that much of), 11, Anne, 10 and Linda who was my age plus about 4 or 5 months; this having started when I was about 6-2/3 (It was middle spring 1952), at about noon, from my house, to which they would have come at about 9. when Mrs Rocque came home from working in a dressmaking shop for lunch and that is where we spent the afternoon. Mrs. Rocque would dress and diaper me, then diaper Linda and then go back to work. Carol and the oldest girl, Whose name I never knew until we met 30 years later, also worked cleaining houses. They came home around 4, clean us up and put my regular clothes back on me and I would be taken home unless I was to spend the night there.

I was dressed and diapered in the "upstairs" part of the house which was about 30 or 40 years old. The "upstairs" was a two-room loft that you got at by putting a ladder through a trap door. Mrs Rocque, Carol and the older girl who I never saw that much slept in one room, Anne and Linda, and sometimes I slept in the other. Here is how the diaper was put on: After the baby lotion and powder were put on, The middle was pulled between my legs, the two "arms" pulled around my waist and fastened with one pin in the center. The same was done with Linda. Over that went a pair of snap-on (new at the time) then a pair of pull on panties. Since the diapers were kind of big, Mrs Rocque felt that two rubber panties were in order. Another strange thing about this house was that the toilet and washer were in the besement. There was no direct route form the main floor to the partially above ground basement, you had to go out the door, around and in through the basement door. Having spent some time in a summer cottage btween the time I was 3 and 5, I had the impresion that this house was built as a summer cottage and adapted over time to live in full-time. There were 2 sets of electric outlets in the kitchen, which used gas, a total of 3 sets in the large, 12 x 15 foot living room and the only "upstairs" outlets were the light fixtures in each room since the only electric items that most persons had were radios and irons, and all the basement had was one two outlet set and a light. Each upstairs room had a pipe along one side where dresses and coats were hung and 3 dressers. one of the dresser drawers in Anne and Linda's room had just these home-made diapers, about a dozen and a half and another drawer had rubber panties, some of which were real rubber, because Linda was a bedwetter and they were used as part of punishment; as Mrs. Rocque called it "chastizing".

That became important to me when I spent my first night there. I knew Linda wet because they had slept over at my house a few times and my aunt made sure that I knew about Linda's rubber panties, about which I felt sorry for Linda because I was sure that she did not want people to know about that. I got a surprise the first night I stayed over. First, I was to sleep with Linda, Second; I was to be diapered for bed so that we would not have to open the trap door, put the ladder down, then I would have to go out the door, around to the busement and put the light on and find the toilet. My eyesight being what it is and was, until I was 10, I would not be trusted to get it right so I was diapered for bed with the two pair of rubber panties and a short nightgown (I did not mind that; most of my girl clothes had belonged to Anne, who I kind of liked a lot). Third; the bottom sheet of the bed was a rubber sheet, Baby powder was spead on it when we went to bed and it was damp-wiped when we got up and let to dry as part of "airing out" the bed. What I was to do if I needed to wet was get out of bed, stand up and wet. This was required of me so that I would not become a bedwetter.

At night, since we started getting ready for bed at about 8:30 and would get up at about 7 in the morning, Linda and I would be put in two diapers: one in front and one in back, like this

post-27920-0-78182500-1306609998_thumb.j

The one in front would be pulled between the legs, the arms put around the waist, then the one in back was done in the usual fashion and the panties put over them and everything tucked into place. While it was not a tight fit it nearly used up all the space that the panties had. It also felt very thick, including between my legs and came to be part of what made me feel like a little girl. These diapers fit me from the time I was six utnil I was almost 10 when the Rocques moved away and the other families just sort of became dishinterested and I found other things to do. They fit because when I was 7, they were "too big" that is there was quite a bit of overlap. That was not the case when I was almost 9-1/2. Up until I was 8, If I were to stay for the afternoon and sleep over, Linda and I were diapered for the afternoon and then again at bedtime. Fom the time I was 7-1/2, it was always with 2 diapers until we only had to wet once for the whole afternoon, since one would not quite make it for the afternoon without being a bit over-wet. By that time, I could change a diaper (on a doll), hamdle a carpet sweeper, help with polishing furnture and set a table for a tea party or help Anne with simple chores (the fact that it was Anne made all the difference)

Over the years as an Adult Very Little Girl, I tried various kinds of diapers but they just did not feel right, even some of the ones I made for myself that consisted or 2 21"x 40" laid along side each other with a center ofverlap of about 7", two prefolds laid end to end down the center and two mor 21"x40" as the top in the same way as the bottom. About $40 made 6 diapers when the average adult diaper cost about $12-15 and these would go for 6 to 8 hours before needing a change. Though they made me feel like a 3 year old, they did not make me feel little girlish at all. Finally I settled on something that was close to what I had before. There are two kinds of prefold baby diapers. Very thick "DSQ [Diaper service Quality]" and the regular prefold, which are lighter and thinner. The diapers is made one from each of the kinds arranged like this. Since I no lnoger have my (little) girlish figure, the diapers are made like this. Both "DSQ" and Gerber prefolds can be gotten on Ebay, the DSQ for about $24/dozen for something similar to 21"x14" they come in different sizes and the ordiary prefold for about $17 both with shipping and handling extra but soemtimes you can get free shipping and each package males 3 diaperswhich comes to about $9 each for the thick ones and 5 each for the lighter ones

post-27920-0-43772300-1306610142_thumb.j

and look like this when assembled

post-27920-0-75181800-1306610234_thumb.j

To double diaper, one diaper made from thick DSQ prefolds, and the other made from ordinary, lighter prefolds are arranged like this with the lighter diaper in front

post-27920-0-35029100-1306610324_thumb.j

then put on the same way as was done with Linda and me and pinned in the center like this

post-27920-0-13646100-1306610505_thumb.j

There is a good deal of overlap which meas there is room to grow and they are so thick that I cannot cross my legs above the knee and feel like a small pillow. Lengthwise, they fit into a large Comco snap on with very little to spare, as far as thickness goes, they fit into the Comco with room to spare. They are a bit big for Medium Comco panties.

Depending on what I eat or drink, I can go from 8 to usually 10 and as long as 12-1/2 hours. I have yet to wet them to the point of being soaked. Usuall it is form 8:30-9 PM to 7 AM

I have two dozen of each. Washing and drying, well,I can do 5 or each in a load. As when I was little, the snap-on panties get changed with each diaper and the pull-ons after three changes

I just made one of these and love it. Made some of my own modifications since I was only able to find the gerber diapers with just a 3 layer center. Bus it was pretty easy to sew for just learning in homeec 15 years ago.

The DSQ's are available on EBAY Get the Toddler size

The center is deliberately not made thicker than the rest. If you have extra layers in the center, it takes the wet more time to soak through to the outside, away from the body. The ideas is to keep the thing uniformly thick. What this does is let the wetness through to the outside of the diaper where it comes up against the rubber panties. This being waterproof is a barrier, having no place to go, the wetness spreads out over the diaper alonlg the outside, away from the body so that the diaper wets from the outside in