LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino'S And The Hype

A couple weeks ago I ordered a couple samples of Bambino's diapers, and I REALLY don't get the hype. I ordered the XL because I'm not a skinny character...in fact, I wear size 52 jeans. The Bambino's XL purport to fit an over 60 in. waist. NOT happening. I BARELY managed to get one on, which brings me to my next gripe about them - one of the tapes broke off.

All of this said, the Bambino did seem oddly familiar and I think I know why. When I was a little skinnier (when I had an active factory job) and everyplace in my area just inexplicably quit selling Attends, I would often settle for the Walgreen's store brand. It TRULY seems to me that somebody got a hold of a large ammount of the old style Walgreen's briefs (before the switch to that darn cloth like exterior) and put some tape with baby print across the front.

I'm sure if I were skinnier and they COULD fit me, they might be fun for the purposes of role playing, but as a functional diaper, I find them to be VERY lacking, and I cannot believe the hype they generate within the AB community.

One more thing - ALMOST $8.00 FOR 2 SAMPLES?! HOW DO THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT?!

• Like 1

If you had an issue with their product quality, I highly recommend you E-mail them. Other than that, I can guarantee to you that they are almost nothing like the old Walgreens plastic-backed, having worn both in succession in the periods when Bambino was new. Other than that, it sucks that you had a bad experience, either way. I hope you can find a product that's right for you. :)

They're not based on a store brand, they're based on a Secure X-Plus. When they (and Bambinos) first came out in the US about what, 4 or 5 years ago now, they were pretty much the first diaper sold here that was similar to some of the most popular European diapers that are so coveted (Secure X-Plus and Tena Slip Maxi are not that different). They were also near the top of the pile in terms of absorbency, perhaps only beaten by the top-line Abena's. They were truly one of the best diapers out there before you even got onto thinking about the print.

That's all changed now though, other diaper manufacturers who sell in the US have caught up and in some cases passed the Secure X-Plus family. Make no mistake, they're still a kick ass diaper for sure but they have stiffer competition these days. Years ago, they were the best diapers available in the USA, now they're 'just' one of the best.

• Like 1

id have to agree, years ago, they were pretty much the cream of the crop, but now they have some stiff competition. But still, they are not at all comparable to a store brand diaper.

As with most 'across the pond' diapers, they tend to be cut rather small (read the reviews, all sizes are a bit small and its fairly well known that the XL is really not all that big!)

• Like 2

All I know is that their outer plastic is too goddamned heavy to be comfortable, AFAIC. No reason you should get road rash on your inner thighs from walking to the bathroom and back.

I love my Bambinos. I haven't tried a whole lot of brands, Depends, Attends, Abena X-Plus... Bambino's Classico and Bianco for me have the right balance of comfort, discretion and absorbency. I can wear a Bam under my clothes and not worry about someone hearing them as they could with Depends, or see them like with an X-Plus (M4) and still get 4 hours of wear without leaks.

For some reason every Teddy I've used has leaked before reaching capacity, but that's a different issue.

If the extra larges aren't quite fitting the reason the tape broke might be that you pulled it too tight. I've had that happen before with the larges I wear and it's always because I pulled the tape too tight. When Daddy diapers me they never break, it's funny that I've been putting diapers on myself many, many years longer than he's been putting them on me, but he does a better job.

IMO, I shouldn't have to double check...XL is what I ordered. If they can't get the size right when I spend $8 on TWO diapers, I don't want to do further business with them. Also, that price was the set price from the Bambino's website. I don't see how other sites could send cheaper samples. On a further note, that same week I ordered a couple of Tranquility ATN samples for $1.50 each. They were not only cheaper, but they also fit better. I'd recommend them to anybody.

• Like 1

I havent used bambinos, but ive used the european version "cuddlz" and the only nice thing i found was that its white, sure, it hold a lot, but you also get the wet feeling, wich i dont get with Tenas

Id like to try the original (bambino) tho, so im still waiting on a european supplier to provide them

I havent used bambinos, but ive used the european version "cuddlz" and the only nice thing i found was that its white, sure, it hold a lot, but you also get the wet feeling, wich i dont get with Tenas

Id like to try the original (bambino) tho, so im still waiting on a european supplier to provide them

I ordered Me a case of Bambino Classico diapers I will have them By Next Friday Tracking # says.

• Like 1

IMO, I shouldn't have to double check...XL is what I ordered. If they can't get the size right when I spend $8 on TWO diapers, I don't want to do further business with them. Also, that price was the set price from the Bambino's website. I don't see how other sites could send cheaper samples. On a further note, that same week I ordered a couple of Tranquility ATN samples for $1.50 each. They were not only cheaper, but they also fit better. I'd recommend them to anybody.

Definitely a fair point. For their sample costs, they're honestly not abnormally high. Shipping and per-unit costs are ALWAYS high on samples because they cost the company more per unit to process. I'd love to hear where you got your ATN samples for so cheap!

I'm very glad that the ATNs work well for you! They're a good product. I had a good experience when I used them as well, but I prefer the feel of Bambino/Secure. :)

they might be fun for the purposes of role playing, but as a functional diaper, I find them to be VERY lacking, and I cannot believe the hype they generate within the AB community.

One more thing - ALMOST $8.00 FOR 2 SAMPLES?! HOW DO THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT?!

I'm not sure I understand. I always get the xl size and never had a problem. Email them, I'm sure they will do everything to make it right. As for the hipe, I like the bianco because I'm not ab. There is no stupid stripes or writing on them. They hold up even when I flood them. They are expensive, no doubt about it, but I don't worry about that because I don't go through them very fast. 16 will last me for at least 6 months because I don't get to wear diapers as much as I like. Maybe you should try 24/7s.

• Like 1

Some people just don't understand the dynamics behind why samples typically cost a lot more. It actually "hurts" the company more when people buy samples usually because they have to rip open packages and sell the individuals...that is typically why the samples cost a great deal more.

• Like 1

Okay, so it costs them to send samples...I still don't see any other brands charging such an outlandish price for samples. The ATN samples were $1.50 each, shipping included, and another website had some brand that is supposed to be good for $2.00 per sample. Compared to pack and case prices, those prices are still a bit steep, but understandable and much easier to swallow than more than $3.50 per sample. Sorry, but they're screwing people.

Well since your an expert at what it costs a company to rip open these packages and ship them...you are simplifying it too much and you neglect to see all the things that separate someone like ATN diapers from Bambino and why the cost/price difference. There is no reason that Bambino would WANT to charge a high price if they didn't have to for their samples because they WANT people to try them. It makes no since for a specialty diaper company to charge an outlandish price if they didn't have to. Most people don't order samples compared to cases and bags anyways - which is where Bambino excels in their price.

• Like 1

Bambino aren't making that much profit on sample packs, if any. Work it out: each case they open makes 24 sample packs of two diapers each. Considering mediums, that's 24 * $7 = $168 bucks raw income per complete case they sell as samples before you deduct whatever the payment processing company takes. That's $102.04 more than if they had sold the case as a whole. Divide that $102.04 by the 24 sample packs and it comes out at $4.25 packaging and delivery for each sample pack. That might be turning a few cents profit but certainly not a lot. It probably costs at least 3 or 4 bucks to send a bulky envelope by first class mail and the envelope itself probably costs 40-50 cents when bought in large quantities.

Large works out at $4.05 per sample pack for packaging and delivery.

XL is $3.95 per sample pack.

I think that's reasonable. They might even be shipping them at a loss if their postal rate is higher. If they are, it's presumably worth the hit the end because their overall good product should turn sample buyers into bag and case buyers over time.

Okay, so it costs them to send samples...I still don't see any other brands charging such an outlandish price for samples. The ATN samples were $1.50 each, shipping included, and another website had some brand that is supposed to be good for $2.00 per sample. Compared to pack and case prices, those prices are still a bit steep, but understandable and much easier to swallow than more than $3.50 per sample. Sorry, but they're screwing people.

I just found the special on Tranquility's site for one dollar per brief samples! That's pretty awesome. :)

My experience, though, is that most companies charge more or less what Bambino does for samples, if they charge at all. The ones that don't charge at all are usually very crappy brands like Depend, American Tena, and others.

Keep in mind that there are a small handful of brands that are equal to Bambino's quality, in general:

Tranquility ATN (My experience is very good with them)

Drycare 24/7 (10 dollars per sample pack. I had a good experience with these too but too big for me!)

Abena Abri-Form (6 dollars for 4 briefs. Good deal! I had a bad experience with this product but larger folks have had a good one)

Secure (7 dollars per sample pack)

Bambino (7 dollars per sample pack)

I don't really know how you managed to pay 8 for Bambino shipping. They only cost to ship in a few situations:

1. If you're in California (Sales tax)

2. If you're in AK or HI (Non-continental US costs a lot to ship to)

3. If you order expedited shipping (not their fault)

Keep in mind, also, that Bambino diapers are, in most cases, simply bigger than other products. Bigger things cost more to ship. Furthermore, Bambino, as a niche company rather than one that serves the entire incontinent marketplace, does not get the discounts on shipping that a larger mover will.

If it's too much for you to pay for a sample, that is, of course, your perogative, but it is a completely reasonable fee for a smaller business to ask for shipping a sample of a product that does not get moved in bulk.

• Like 1

adriansurley, you certainly earn that second part of your name. How does bitching about sample prices equate to me claiming to be an expert? Bad form. Better switch diaper brands as your current brand seems to get up your ass pretty easily...and yes I'm the pot, you're the kettle, whatever...at least I'm bitching about diaper brands and not at other people on these message boards.

• Like 3

I just wish sometimes people would at least put some thought into their "rants". I'm not "bitching" at other people - I could care less. I just wish sometimes these conversations were a bit more thought out and intelligent especially on a topic such as this where people seem to want to simplify a process they know nothing about.

Its not a big deal...just frustrating to someone who actually knows a lot of the inner workings behind manufacturing a diaper and what not and then see people simplify it with their own "expert" analysis and call whatever company it is out on it just seems a bit premature and irrational.

Nonetheless, my apologies if I offended you.

One thing to consider: Incontinence brands loose money on samples in the hopes of making money for years to come.

ABDL brands are more likely to get repeat "sample" orders from folks who only want a couple diapers at a time. Thus they can't afford to take the loss on samples

Thought out rants are preferable, I grant you, but there is nothing here for me to think about that I can see - I see companies that make incontinence products for the larger market selling samples at half the price that another company, which is obviously marketing to the AB/DL market, does. I don't like it. Simple. Nothing to think about. I'd also be ranting about the price difference between Wal Mart and big & tall stores if this were a blue jeans forum. All I see is price gouging to an exclusive market. That should offend everybody, IMO.

Thought out rants are preferable, I grant you, but there is nothing here for me to think about that I can see - I see companies that make incontinence products for the larger market selling samples at half the price that another company, which is obviously marketing to the AB/DL market, does. I don't like it. Simple. Nothing to think about. I'd also be ranting about the price difference between Wal Mart and big & tall stores if this were a blue jeans forum. All I see is price gouging to an exclusive market. That should offend everybody, IMO.

You are misdefining the situation. It is because of Bambino's exclusivity that they cannot charge less than they do. This is not a case of price gouging and more than Dry 24/7's price (two diapers, higher cost) is. This is a case of a company for which shipping costs more because they move less bulk. It is that simple.

All I know is that their outer plastic is too goddamned heavy to be comfortable, AFAIC. No reason you should get road rash on your inner thighs from walking to the bathroom and back.

but silly, if you have a diaper on WHY are you going to the bathroom??? hehehehehe

as for the size, i had trouble with another brand that i ordered and they didn't fit me at all, although their sizing said it woud. I understand how frustrating that can be. I did not have good luck with their customer service, however i would suggest emailing bambinos about the issue, perhaps they can send you a second sample pack free, to see if it was just a mistake in the sizing that happened...

while no you shouldn't have to check the size in theory, its still only humans who work at bambinos and mistakes are bound to be made....

but i hope you find other brands that you enjoy.

but silly, if you have a diaper on WHY are you going to the bathroom??? hehehehehe

Well, I can't very well stop brushing my teeth just cause Mommy made me wear a diaper for the night... :P:angel_not:

I've found Cuddlz and Bambinos both run on the small side for mediums, compaired to say Tena slip maxi medium which is bigger.

I heard Dry 24/7 run on the larger side for mediums.

This will be the issue for the OP of the tapes breaking. Size large Bambino, is slightly larger than a size medium Tena slip maxi, but not as large as Tena slip maxi large.

• Like 1