LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

85 / 95 Attends Side By Side

From a Box to a Bag. From 6 to 24 Diapers

post-1-0-12343100-1306535861_thumb.jpg

From White to blue. Thikcer to thinner.

post-1-0-63073600-1306535862_thumb.jpg

White embosed tabs to blue printed tabs

post-1-0-42600100-1306535863_thumb.jpg

The Biggest difference - The loss of side padding (Hourglass shape to rectangle.)

post-1-0-17643900-1306535864_thumb.jpg

Size and shape of the outer shell has not changed.

post-1-0-89377600-1306535864_thumb.jpg

(Diapers Reversed: 85 on the left now.) Solid thick padding throughout, versus boosted center panel padding.

post-1-0-84293700-1306535878_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-12343100-1306535861_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-63073600-1306535862_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-42600100-1306535863_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-17643900-1306535864_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-89377600-1306535864_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-84293700-1306535878_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Even if the absorbancy were equal I still think the old style were much better because the padding in the wings prevents there being a lot of plastic from contact with the skin. I suppose for someone with a plastic fetish the new ones would be a vast improvement :-) I'm glad someone wins here.

Hugs,

Freta

Even if the absorbancy were equal I still think the old style were much better because the padding in the wings prevents there being a lot of plastic from contact with the skin.

Not so much. The older Attends (including the '85 model, looking at the pics) have that weird but nice top sheet that has a quite plasticky feel to it and is all over the diaper's inner surfaces, not just the padded areas. It's strange - not very easy to describe and not at all like today's non-woven top sheets...

• 6 years later...

Seriously about to cry seeing those. I want mid 80s diapers so bad. I was born in 83 so I can remember what it was like. The "diapers" these days just don't feel the same. I wonder what became of the machine that was used to make those 85 attends and how much it would cost to buy/operate it.

There was a change in Attends around 1990 or so as well (when they went from box to bag).    They narrowed the crotch.    They never fit me as well after that.

I still remember being in a large pharmacy in NJ when the clerk hoisted up my box of Attends and shouted to the next cashier over ... "Is there tax on these?"

5 hours ago, diaperbulge said:

Seriously about to cry seeing those. I want mid 80s diapers so bad. 

You do realize that the "mid 80's" diapers were before the application of advanced superabsorbent polymers and things like that. Nostalgia is nice and all but modern diapers simply perform better, despite being thinner.

• Like 1

Attends had sap in them from the start.   Maybe not of the quality we have now, but they had it.     Even the original "non fitted" disposable diapers of the late seventies had supersorb polymer, I remember seeing that on the box.

Even the pedestrian store brands are a whole world better than anything on the market in 1980.   I remember even with Attends I risked a leak with a full wetting.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:36 AM, Darkfinn said:

You do realize that the "mid 80's" diapers were before the application of advanced superabsorbent polymers and things like that. Nostalgia is nice and all but modern diapers simply perform better, despite being thinner.

I'm fully aware that they were before the application of SAP as well as many other things.

Thats what I love about them ;)

• 11 months later...

Attends from the 80s and 90s were the best (and my first adult diaper ever). The best (all white Vintage PE backed) modern day diaper that ever compared to them, and was thicker was diaper that Rearz sold - and has now been discontinued. I was so upset about this recent news that I made these posts.  The new Original Inspires that they now sell are thin and have lost the quality.

https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/65388-just-ordered-rearz/&do=findComment&comment=1563909

Attends were my first diapers too. I tried the old green Depends too, but they'd leak with one wetting. The Attends fit good and would hold a few good settings. I loved that doughy feeling that they had when wet.

There was a Scott pad and pant diaper that I liked back in the 80s too. They had different thicknesses of pads for day/night use. The night  ones were really thick and held a lot. The mesh pant kinda sucked, didn't hold the pad up too well.  The pad was like a  whole diaper,  just without the wings n tapes.

• 1 year later...

In July 1981 after I had been accepted by a university in Upstate New York I learned those dorms did not have coin laundries. All my life I had only worn gauze diapers.

My urologist's nurse recommended Attends. I spent 2 weeks in August learning how to put on Attends and getting used to sleeping in them. I never saw Depend in stores until 1985 or later, after I moved to law school. Depend did not make adult small, my size, or at least they were not in stores, so I never tried Depend.

During the 1980 Attends made improvements. Although I returned to wearing gauze diapers to bed in May 1991, I continued wearing Attends Adult Small as my day diaper until 2000.

• 5 months later...