LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper *Crinkle*

I was reading the "showing off your diaper" thread, and while I was going to post this in there, I thought it warranted a new thread.

Anyway, it seems the majority of people in the thread (rightfully) thought it was in poor taste to expose your diaper intentionally, but recognized that accidents happen. :rolleyes: What about crinkle? is it going to far if your diaper is excessively crinkly? I will give a personal example. Some of my pants are pretty loose on me because I lost weight. (Go me!) Now, they are perfectly fine pants with a belt, but they are baggy. This coupled with my diapers of choice (Abena X-plus not so crinkly, and Attends briefs, VERY crinkly.) cause me to crinkle rather loudly on occasion. I'm sure most of it is paranoia, but my g/f has confirmed she hears me (with a slap and a "crinkle butt* comment).

The issue I'm asking though, is going out in public on purpose excessively crinkly, where you're not flashing anyone, just being noisy on purpose. How does the community feel about this?

In public, no one can hear you crinkle.

Your gf may be able to pick up on it b/c she is standing right beside you and knows the specific sound to listen for, however when in public the sound is generally covered by ambient noise, people talking, music playing, etc. The only place I think you could really be heard is perhaps in a public library.

• Like 1

I'd agree with LuvsGirl -- unless you're in a very quiet environment, nobody can hear your diaper crinkle if they're more than a foot or two away -- maybe not even if they're close, depending on how much ambient noise there is.

Even if they do hear it, they're not going to leap to the "diapers" conclusion. If they notice it, they'll just assume somebody nearby has a plastic bag or something. But most likely they won't even notice it, because a crinkling plastic sound isn't an unusual sound. If your diapers sound like a ringing gong or some other attention-getting sound, that would be different, but as it is, don't worry.

I'm all about the crinkle :) But, yea hearing a diaper crinkle over all the other noise out there is going to be tough...AND the likelyhood of anyone hearing the noise and associating it with diapers is slim IMO.

Now...deliberately wearing the loudest diaper out and about to garner some attention.....well...best be careful as you could end up with some unwanted attention if you catch my meaning ;)

Depends I once imported a sample of were the loudest crinkly nappy EVER!!!! Only nice thing about them and how the plastic feels smooth.

I don't wear in public but in the future would like to.

Times like to the hygenist,dentist which can make me anxious, a nappy would help relax me unless it made be paranoid if the waistband showed, crinkled loudly, gave a huge buldge or made me waddle.

But something like an Abri Form X Plus would be extremely useful at the cinema when drinking those icey cold soft drinks with added ice or slush puppies which make you want to pee every 10-15 mins.

Or on the underground (tube train with NO toilets on it), watching football matches or at concerts (especially outdoor ones in the cold).

Anyone from the UK know of a quiet nappy, that's not overly bulky (NO Abri Form X Plus in that situation please) and doesn't have a high waistband that I could wear to the dentist/hygenist?

I'm thinking the belt like cloth covered Tena Flex Maxi or the cloth covered Lille Supreme Fit Maxi(can't remember how high the waistband is on those). Or Molicare Super, they have low-rise waistbands, cloth-like sides rest is plastic but I don't think they are that loud. Not thick but take loads.

ID-Slip super plus night have a cloth-like backing, would be perfect, just hopefully the waistband doesn't come up too high.

If its strangers where talking about, i don't care, and i bet they don't hear.

And when im around friend and so i don't wear usually so no problem here.

But seen as that sound pressure coming of a diaper cant be that terribly high, the chances of someone hearing that in an average ambient sound level are negligible

I go out with a crinkly diaper all the time. I think it is fine.

The only time I've noticed someone else in a diaper was in a furniture store. My wife actually noticed it first and told me. It was an older woman (70-80) with her Daughter shopping. She was OBVIOUSLY in a Green Depend Brief - one of the loudest diapers ever made. You couldn't tell she was diapered from looking at her, but the crinkle was hard to miss!

Anyone from the UK know of a quiet nappy, that's not overly bulky (NO Abri Form X Plus in that situation please) and doesn't have a high waistband that I could wear to the dentist/hygenist?

I'm thinking the belt like cloth covered Tena Flex Maxi or the cloth covered Lille Supreme Fit Maxi(can't remember how high the waistband is on those). Or Molicare Super, they have low-rise waistbands, cloth-like sides rest is plastic but I don't think they are that loud. Not thick but take loads.

ID-Slip super plus night have a cloth-like backing, would be perfect, just hopefully the waistband doesn't come up too high.

The cloth backed Lille nappies do have high waistbands, you need a snap crotch T-shirt/bodystocking to wear those out and about really if there's any chance of your waistband being exposed.

Tena Slips aren't too high waisted, bulky or noisy, even less noisy if you wear regular underwear over them.

The only time I've noticed someone else in a diaper was in a furniture store. My wife actually noticed it first and told me. It was an older woman (70-80) with her Daughter shopping. She was OBVIOUSLY in a Green Depend Brief - one of the loudest diapers ever made. You couldn't tell she was diapered from looking at her, but the crinkle was hard to miss!

Of course, you (and your wife) know what a diaper sounds like, while most people wouldn't necessarily. Maybe we have an extra sense. :)

Parents with toddlers know what diapers sound like and so do the kids. Most of the time it is not quiet enough even if they are next to you but if it is they will know what it is. Btw i love crinkle but youll only hear it when you try

Parents with toddlers know what diapers sound like and so do the kids. Most of the time it is not quiet enough even if they are next to you but if it is they will know what it is. Btw i love crinkle but youll only hear it when you try

I would have thought most of the diapers for kids these days are fabric/cotton-like/paper-feel backed? ... then again, I've not bought any kids diapers so I'm sure others can correct me if I'm wrong :)

you can not tell me that crinkle can not be heard two of the three times I have been questions about wearing diapers were because they heard the crinkle.

I wear at work often and, I usually put on my diaper in a small bathroom n the back. After I am diapered and dressed back up sometimes sans underwear I walk back down a very quiet hallway. The crinkle sound is amplified in my own ears however, since I have been doing this for about three maybe four years now I have passed quite a few people heading to their offices and not one has ever said anything.

As most people have said on here I think the sound is something that we are attuned to, and if someone speculates that you may be wearing a diaper; in all honesty, who cares? If it makes you happy and does not hurt others then by all means live your life.

i have heard peoples diapers in stores before (non ABDL i think) they are usually older and use cheaper diapers and have not figured out how to put one on well but when they walk you can definitely hear it .. the problem is it is in sync with the walking and carrying a plastic bag does not make that rhythmic sound...

even tho i have 20+ years of knowing what a diaper sounds like and i readily spot the sound or bulk of others wearing diapers i am sure non experts hear it and its not hard to figure it out.. the real thing is most people just dont care anyway

The cloth backed Lille nappies do have high waistbands, you need a snap crotch T-shirt/bodystocking to wear those out and about really if there's any chance of your waistband being exposed.

Tena Slips aren't too high waisted, bulky or noisy, even less noisy if you wear regular underwear over them.

Cheers! Tena slip plus (thin) or Tena slip super (medium thickness) I'll probably go for then. I know Tena slip maxi are a bit bulky(even more when wet).

Can't remember anymore if Molicare super are too high waisted or not? As I know they are thin but hold LOADS.

• 2 weeks later...

the general thought is that public locations are too noisy to hear the crinkle, but i do not always agree.

When i was in highschool, i Wore some Very crinkly diapers. while in the halls, headed to the third floor, a nuber of kids commented on the sounds i made while walking. being a bit of an exibitionist when they commented, i just whiped around and said it was my diapers. they where a little flabbergasted to be sure, but not a word was said after.

the point, i believe, is that in a noisy hall full of students, a group about 5 feet behind me could hear my crinkle.

• 8 months later...

I am currently wearing the Depend Protection with Tabs. While walking around inside the house the noise is considerably loud. I had to go outside to my truck and noticed that the noice was drowned out almost completely. I could bearly here them and I was the one wearing them and new what to listen for.

Nobody can hear the crinkle, I know because I've worn cheap crinkly diapers (DR P.) in public on many occasions.

There is usually too much ambient noise for anyone to hear the crinkle.

I've even worn double diapers (DR P.) when buying more at the shop that sells them, the new shop assistant asked me if the diapers were for an elderly relative! They had no idea I was wearing diapers, and were shocked when I said they were for me.

I think worrying about diaper crinkle is like expecting the public to realise you have change in your pockets - it's just not noticable enough ~ unless you're wearing at the library!

Like Poopy_ Dipes i'm sure people have heard the crinkle when i walk by them, hell some have even stared at me. In general tho i think they may have noticed the bulk more than the sound, but on average most people are to busy to even notice the color of your clothes let alone diaper crinkle etc.

This is slightly off topic. When I use the university gym I use a lot of baby powder to keep from getting chafing while I work out, no one has said anything! Yes, I have caught a few elders who I thought were diapered. But once I was 80% sure I saw a diapered woman mid 20's, she was with her boyfriend so I said nothing.

If you are a guy, outing a woman for wearing diapers is #1 rude, but cannot go well.

Think about it: diaper comment = butt comment. Butt comment = sexual harrassment.

Most public spaces have too much white noise to hear the crinkle. But try one of those dollar tree stores. It's dead silent with no elevator music. If you're crinkly, others may be able to hear you.