LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

1985 Attends

Also wore them 1980 age 17. Before those single tape DME Montgomery wards brand flat diapers. at the time diapers were not contoured, what made attends unique and the Pamper scent. Very thick tooo!!

:baby-wants-milk-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Until I turned 17 in July 1981 I had only worn pinned gauze diapers inside pull-on vinyl panties. I had been accepted to university in late August. Ten I was told there were no coin laundries near my dorm. My urology nurse suggested I buy Attends and learn to put them on and sleep in them right away.

Back then Attends made Junior and Youth, as well as Adult Small, Medium, Large and XL. Junior were about the same as a modern Size 6. Youth was between Junior and Small. I was about the same size then as now, 5'3", 105 pounds with 29" hips. Small fit me very well. The campus general store stocked all sizes of Attends and Pampers, which them went as large as a current Size 4.

I began to need Attends 24/7 in June 1985. I do not remember when they gave up boxes and used plastic bags. I aldo do not remember when the actress June Alyson began making TV commercials for Depend. They did not make any Depend small enough for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When i first started to buy my own diapers these were the ones i got.  Someone mentioned the thrill of bringing a big box of adult diapers to the register.  I have to admit that it was exciting but also super embarrassing. My heart would beat fast and my face must have been red as a beet especially if there were people around.  I was sure every one knew i was a bedwetter.  In fact they probably thought it was for an elderly relative.  I think I got addicted to the adrenalin rush.  Those were the days.  I also loved the scent, wish diapers today had tthat.

I remember those.    They weren't my first however and frankly, I wasn't overly enamored with them.     The first disposables I saw were the Sears Medalist disposable incontinence pants.   I saw that and realized... oh m god.. pampers!     The pampers of my youth (really my brothers) were the rectangular kind.    The fitted style like Attends pushed all the other ones out of the market (Medalist, GoAheads, Ambeze, etc...).    It took me a while to get accepting of them.

The one thing I can remember about those boxed Attends is buying one in a larger drug store and having the clerk hold it up shouting "Is there tax on these?" to the next cashier over.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I remember looking at the box and saying how am I going to throw that out (at college).  I ended up tearing into smaller pieces as we didn't recycle back then (who would wnat to announce that box anyhow?).  I think they had a plastic mesh with tiny round holes that was supposed to block the wetness?

3 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

I remember looking at the box and saying how am I going to throw that out (at college).  I ended up tearing into smaller pieces as we didn't recycle back then (who would wnat to announce that box anyhow?).  I think they had a plastic mesh with tiny round holes that was supposed to block the wetness?

Are you talking about the top sheet (the thing that is closest to the skin).   Not really plastic but an odd material.   I think the idea was that it would separate the skin from the wet stuff underneath.   Pampers had a similar thing in early designs.

Sure looked and felt like plastic to me!  They called it Micro-Pore lining, felt like plastic and was supposed to have tiny holes in this textured plastic inner lining that the pee would run through.  If you peed in it and took it right off or pulled it down, you would see your pee puddled up in the diaper until most of it slowly found it's way out of those tiny pin holes and into the padding (which clumped very badly).  That lining felt like sandpaper too!  I'm 100% convinced it was actually a plastic inner lining back in the 1980's.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Are you talking about the top sheet (the thing that is closest to the skin).   Not really plastic but an odd material.   I think the idea was that it would separate the skin from the wet stuff underneath.   Pampers had a similar thing in early designs.

Yes, it was a top sheet.  

13 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Sure looked and felt like plastic to me!  They called it Micro-Pore lining, felt like plastic and was supposed to have tiny holes in this textured plastic inner lining that the pee would run through.  If you peed in it and took it right off or pulled it down, you would see your pee puddled up in the diaper until most of it slowly found it's way out of those tiny pin holes and into the padding (which clumped very badly).  That lining felt like sandpaper too!  I'm 100% convinced it was actually a plastic inner lining back in the 1980's.

That's it!  The pee would not go through and rather just run off to the sides and the outside.  

Think of a short plastic cup with a hole in the bottom of it.  Shrink it down to a millimetre or less, then attach thousands of them all together to form a big sheet.  This was the inner lining.  The person who designed this inner lining should be condemned to wear those diapers 24/7/365 for 25 years, only being allowed to change once every 6 to 8 hours!  I tell you after the first week his butt would be the sorest, rawest piece of skin on the face of the earth!

• Like 1