LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Huggies "Little Movers" Jean-Style Diapers Are Back!

Love 'em or hate 'em, "Little Movers" Jeans are back everyone. I was in my local grocery store yesterday evening when I decided to see if there was anything new in the diaper aisle. Much to my surprise, the end cap that was previously used for Huggies Jeans last summer was once again stocked with Huggies Jeans.

Now let me be clear: this isn't old stock/deadstock from last summer, this is a new run of Huggies Jeans. The packaging has been updated and reflects the current "Little Movers" packaging. What's interesting though is that these are still being sold as a "limited edition" item, just as they were last year. (The "limited edition" logo has been updated as well.) The sizes are also the same as last year, meaning no size six jeans, just sizes three, four, and five in the Little Movers line. (Sizes newborn, one, and two aren't part of the Little Movers line.)

Anyway, keep an eye out for these if you're interested in them. As far as I can tell, the diapers themselves haven't been changed or redesigned, but I thought it was interesting to see these on shelves again, and figured that I'd pass this information along to those here.

Did they go away? :huh:

The answer to your question is yes. KCWW initially stated that they would be available from late-May through mid-July of 2010 if memory serves me correctly, but this is not what actually happened. The Jeans were introduced as planned, but instead of "going away" in mid-July, they were readily available throughout most of August, and if you were lucky, you might have been able to snag a stray pack in a random size as late as early-September. It's my understanding that the "Jeans" were very popular among parents, and sold quite well. The same store that I was at earlier this week had the "Jeans" on clearance at the end of last August, ($1.00 off the retail price,) and they weren't on clearance because they were selling poorly--they were on clearance because there was no spot on the planogram for Huggies Jeans, and the store needed to free up the end-cap that they'd been using for the Huggies Jeans since they were first introduced. (Which is, coincidentally, the same end-cap that's being used for the current run of Huggies Jeans.) I even remember overhearing a particularly loud mother (her child wasn't with her,) on a bluetooth headset commenting on the clearance, and mentioning how much she liked the Jean-diapers. (I passed the woman when I was in the diaper aisle, I was two aisle over when I heard her commenting on the Huggies Jeans--to say that her voice "carried" would be an understatement.)

From September 2010 through May 2011 (at least part of May 2011) the Huggies Jeans were not available. I was quite pleasantly surprised to see the new run, given that these were branded "limited edition" when they were first released. I was more surprised to see that the "limited edition" moniker had stuck around though. From what I can tell, KCWW is treating these as a seasonal item, much like Little Swimmers, which could be the reason for keeping the limited edition moniker though. It's not uncommon for toddlers to wear no clothing (save for a diaper) during warm weather, so it makes sense for KCWW to sell the "Little Movers Jeans" only when the weather is warm. It wouldn't make sense for a diaper that's designed to be seen to be sold in the winter months when thick layers of clothing are covering the diaper. The price is the same for the "regular" Little Movers, and the jeans, so it's not like one will cost a parent more then the other.

One more thing that's worth noting though is that last year, this store stocked the "Jumbo" sized bags of the jeans, while this year, they're stocking the "big pack" boxes. (See previous statement about these being popular.) The "big pack" is definitely less expensive, so it would stand to reason that the success of the "Jumbo" packs of the jeans last year lead to the decision to carry the "big pack" this year.

I saw a jean print wipes case at Walgreens last night.

Heh, I actually haven't seen those before. (Not last year or this year.) Given the return of the jean print diapers, it would make sense for KCWW to release a matching wipes case as well. It seems like KCWW tends to release or announce new products around April/May each year. GoodNites tend to see their packaging update around this time of the year, the jean prints are back and were first released around this time of the year, and new Pull-Ups are being phased in as well. KCWW also updated their feminine hygiene products with new "U by Kotex" products, including the "Tween" pads, new wrappers/pad designs (currently being phased in,) for the other pads in that line, and new tampons as well. They also announce the competition for creating a designer pad that they'll release sometime this summer, and like the jean print diapers, I'm pretty sure that the "U by Kotex" pads first became available in April/May of last year. (I also think that my Kleenex tissue box was updated, but I could be wrong.)

The new packaging for the jean print diapers reflects the new packaging for the regular "Little Movers" diapers as well, so that's one way to tell that this is a new run of the product. (The date/timestamp from the factory is another.)

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...