LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

good point, Bettypooh. though last time i checked, one may require a prescription to order them legitimately and cheaply, so i offer the above as an available alternative.

if you have access to catheters, i'd recommend using a intermittent latex rubber one. silicone would be difficult to push through skin, and pvc would probably hurt a *lot* as the open edge scrapes on the way back out.

just chop the open end off so it's about 9" long, melt (or trim/bevel? i haven't tried melting latex) the open end so it's smoother, and do everything else the same. the most interesting part is the Glide dental floss, as it makes a durable but very thin retrieval cord.

as a guy who likes to have a bladder issue now and then, this topic has intrigued me for a while. after a lot of trial and error i decided to find my own solution. i call it my toobie. it looks like this: o-=-============---------O

Big Standard Disclaimer: if you make and use this, you are putting foreign objects in your body because you wanted to try something you learned on a fetish site on tha intarwebz. be safe and smart.

how to make a toobie:

parts list

- spare USB cable (trust me)

- Glide dental floss (strong non-porous Teflon)

- clothes button (preferably with 2 holes)

- utility knife

- lighter

< SNIP >

Mother of God...

Please don't do this!

I get freaked out about infection using sterile medical catheters. The risk of infection is absolutely real, and if it reaches your kidneys can be extremely serious or even fatal.

You have no idea what mold release chemicals, plasticizers, curing agents, etc., went into the manufacture of that USB cable, or any other non-medical device for that matter. Many of them are made in parts of the world where quality control isn't exactly first priority.

I've ordered medical grade, sterile, catheters and insertion trays from three different suppliers now. Not one of them has asked for a prescription. One of them is a fetish site, for Pete's sake. The other two look to be legit medical suppliers, but if you read the product reviews on their pages it's clear that not all of their users are medically in need... You can buy the "right" thing for less than $3.00/ea.

If you decide that making your own medical devices for internal use is easier/more cost effective, make sure you're in close proximity to medical care and may God have mercy on your soul.

silicone would be difficult to push through skin,

Are you sure you're doing it right?

Apart from that: I think the floss-as-a-retrieval-string idea is not too bad; I personally would give it 30 minutes in hypochloride solution (baby bottle cold steriliser) before use, but other than that, it's a good, strong material and half-way medical grade.

Are you sure you're doing it right?

sorry my description is lacking. the intended result is that you'd have nothing sticking out except a button on a piece of floss, and the catheter tube is stuck rather far in, up to the base of the penis. this requires you to push along the bottom of the penis to migrate the catheter in as far as possible. some benefits of this design are that it does not hurt to gain/lose an erection while this is in place, the catheter stays in pretty well because of the pinch/bend of the urethra, and the bladder must fill for a little while until the urine meets the catheter holes and will be expelled in quantity.

Apart from that: I think the floss-as-a-retrieval-string idea is not too bad; I personally would give it 30 minutes in hypochloride solution (baby bottle cold steriliser) before use, but other than that its a good, strong material and half way medical grade.

thanks for that, at least... if that's all anybody actually uses out of the entire crazy and dangerous idea, then i have done my deed (or damage?) for the community. :-)

sorry my description is lacking.

Not at all, Whisko. It was purely misunderstanding on my part (and meant a bit humourous, too...): I understood 'pushing a silicon catheter through the skin' , as piercing the skin ('whichever skin?', I wondered) with the catheter. Now (after a considerable amount of consideration) I'm completely aware that you meant manipulating the catheter inside the urethra to proximal, through the skin (and, unavoidably, the corpus cavernosum p.).

I should have really thought about that and feel quite a bit stupid. Go on, have a laugh on me! :thumbsup:

Go on, have a laugh on me! :thumbsup:

awesome, will do! nananananananana nananananananana wetmaaaaaan! hehehe

nah, honestly i'm just glad to have an outlet for such twisted creativity... further feedback and/or refinement will always be appreciated.

wetman, I had once tried something very similar to yours so I can't laugh. I used fish tank tubing and a candle tough (you don't have to hold the candle which frees up both hands). I also found that if you hold & rotate the tubing just above the candle flame you can partially melt it enough, and with one end blocked by your fingers, blow into it. The partially melted area will bulge out (it takes practice not to burst the bubble) and make a good holding spot so it wont migrate. I also partially melted it near the end and pulled it to make a taper, cut the taper at its smallest point, and re-melted the cut to smooth it. Repeat for the other end then threaded floss through the tapered part & tied it off. Soaked it all in rubbing alcohol and let it dry before inserting with lubricant.

I didn't make it long enough though to insert it the way you described. Instead I tried using a second tube to insert mine which was only about 3-4 inched long, then pull out the second tube leaving the improvised catheter in place. That never worked though because the force needed to insert the catheter would always press the second tube onto the catheter enough that I would just end up pulling both out.

Did you ever try your design out? I wonder if it worked and stayed in place until you pulled it out.

I used fish tank tubing (...) The partially melted area will bulge out (it takes practice not to burst the bubble) (...) I tried using a second tube to insert mine (...)

Did you ever try your design out? I wonder if it worked and stayed in place until you pulled it out.

quoted with edits to say - ouch! i tried fish tank air hose too, but it was so thick, had too small a hole through the length, and was hard to melt. i figure it's probably too rigid - the catheter has to want to curve inside the bladder or it will just be pushed out. i'd be afraid that your bubble idea could cause some kind of arrow-shaped formation that goes in well but doesn't come back out... eek! and i figure that the two tubes pushed together might pinch horribly.

as weird as it sounds, i found that (in lieu of an actual proper catheter part) standard usb cable is a good size inside and out, bends well, melts easy, and is often readily available. i've made three of them, because i've thrown them out during assorted purges or bouts of paranoia :-) i've worn just about everywhere, including at work. there is sometimes some bleeding after removal due to the holes not being smooth and so they scrape past the prostate. i don't recommend jogging or sports with one of them in due to trauma and unwanted migration. i recommend inserting one before bed, especially if one were making an effort to become incontinent, but the effect is always enjoyable.

I do have one (ok, maybe more...) question about using a catheter while wearing a diaper.

What is the difference of using a catheter and diaper during the day or using a catheter and diaper overnight?

I ask because there seems to be the opinion that there is more of an infection risk with overnight use.

Is it because the diaper would be changed less often during the night or is there some other reason?

Second thing is that I have been using a intermittent (?) straight catheter for my daytime adventures.

And I find it tends to make me sore at the tip or opening of my penis as the catheter moves around while I am walking or whatever...

Anything to prevent that? Or is this something that goes with using a un-modified catheter...?

I do have one (ok, maybe more...) question about using a catheter while wearing a diaper.

What is the difference of using a catheter and diaper during the day or using a catheter and diaper overnight?

I ask because there seems to be the opinion that there is more of an infection risk with overnight use.

Is it because the diaper would be changed less often during the night or is there some other reason?

Second thing is that I have been using a intermittent (?) straight catheter for my daytime adventures.

And I find it tends to make me sore at the tip or opening of my penis as the catheter moves around while I am walking or whatever...

Anything to prevent that? Or is this something that goes with using a un-modified catheter...?

I don't have a good guess as to the day/night question... I haven't stumbled across those comments, actually.

I havent used a straight cath, but Foleys are a lot softer and more flexible. I would imagine the difference in comfort to be significant. On a related note, someone here suggested StrataSI catheters for comfort, and I ordered batch. Previously I'd tried Bardex and a German brand, both Silicone coated latex. The StrataSI is a major improvement. Most of the time, I don't know its there.

I haven't tried anything beyond about 36 hours, and don't know that I will, but I'd definitely recommend giving the Strata's a shot. Do yourself a favor and order the sterile insertion trays too. Makes things a lot easier and cleaner...

during the day you can decide to wet. at night you can't, and it won't happen without (1) time and conditioning, (2) an honest medical issue, or (3) a catheter. and even if it's uncomfortable, you'll probably sleep through it. :-)

I'd have to agree. I'll never use anything other than a catheter ever again. Especially since anyone can now order them on Amazon.com- without a prescription.

Baby Brian, that looks like a giant flashing clue sign if i ever saw one. i can't imagine any drawbacks. amazon's boxes are perfect camouflage! i will probably try that soon...

Yea I saw this over on fetlife with great interest. Looks like it would be the cure for sharp edges on catheter eyelets and because it appears to stainless steel it could easily be cleaned in a autoclave or pressure cooker. The $10 question is where does one find this device?

My question is what do you do if the string breaks?

Also a question of bacteria migrating up the string....

Number two first: I don't think that bacteria will migrate any faster on the retrieval string than usually on the inside of your urethra. Should be OK, there's a lot of flushing, too. Just keep the outside nice and clean, and don't poo when you play anything like this.

Well, if the string breaks, you go to a doctor of your choice, tell him under confidence (should always be the case, right?) that you have been playing fetish-related games and that something went wrong and needs his attention. Explain, and then let him do his bit. He might send you to hospital, though.

Or go to A&E straight away; they've seen everything before, and if not in your case, you have the honour to be the first!

No need to tell them any 'little white lies' (This cola bottle got stuck in my anus when I stumbled and fell on it, really. - - - meh), they don't really care what brought it on, and will be more amused by your lying than the actual problem.

Apart from that:

This device does indeed look rather interesting and as if it would exactly to the job. The one-piece-stainless-steel construction also is, as lovable_guy wrote, easy to keep clean. What frightens me a bit is the diameter of the spheres, I don't think I could get those placed right now, it might involve some stretching and dilating first...

I'd really like to see something like this made from a more flexible material, the chance of a full migration into the bladder when sitting down hard could be reduced...

Yea I saw this over on fetlife with great interest. Looks like it would be the cure for sharp edges on catheter eyelets and because it appears to stainless steel it could easily be cleaned in a autoclave or pressure cooker. The $10 question is where does one find this device?

What fetlife thread was this on?

I certainly couldn't find it quickly, but then again I couldn't find a search that included post contents. I'd love to be able to buy one, although it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to mold a body-safe plastic or silicone to that sort of shape, the balloons are the hard part and if a simple bulge works well enough, then that'd simplify things a lot. I think platinum silicone might not work well, but a plastic might, especially one with a small amount of flex but not a lot. Hmm.