LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

Cuddlecups wrote "Outcome.... It took just over 3 weeks for the ballon to deflate and eventually slip out of me. There was no break, there was no time out.  Doing the experiment required 24/7 diapers"

3 solid weeks !! Cool...

So were you ready to be out of diapers after that time? If there was a device that could keep you incontinent for 6 months to a year,  that you could not remove yourself, would you do it??

WOW, You go girl go. very nice idea. What did you use to fill the balloon. I found KY lubricant to slow down the leak a great deal. The thicker substance worked better that water.  Are you removing the excess cath past the chrome ring. In my version I'm adding only 1-2 CC or fill and slowly working a 5.5" cut and plugged stent in to place. There is a pull line for removal.

I have to say I'm very impressed with your design and willingness to try new things. Love it all! 

Hi this is my first post I've made here although I have lurked this particular thread for around 3 years now I have in that time used up to 30-40 modified caths but it's really a desire to wet my nappy as I wear 24/7 i have read quite alot on stents but have been unable to bring myself to make one for fear of doing it wrong and that brings me to my question should I start buy doing modification to a Cath as I'm used to or find a better more long lasting option? Also I know the posts are around on how to make them if there is one you prefer that has good details and maybe pics of the process it would be much appreciated

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If you haven't tried the 'Holey Foley" this is a good place to start.
I have tried that method about 30 times now and I've used between 16-26 fr for the method 18 being the most common I was more looking for tips n tricks to make a stent

I have tried that method about 30 times now and I've used between 16-26 fr for the method 18 being the most common I was more looking for tips n tricks to make a stent

I actually started experimenting with stents made from 18fr Foley catheters this week tweeking my method. The first sent I made I did not have a screw cap to prevent discomfort and it was about an inch and a half to long at 6 in long. My second attempt I made the bulb too big ~26 fr causing me to not be able to pass the prostate fully resulting in it working it's way out over night. I just made my third attempt and I made this one 12cm long added the screw cap and made sure to work it in deeper and man could I feel the difference when I got this one in place actually had to spend about half an hour cleaning my bathroom as I basically had no ability to even get the diaper unfolded when I leaked all over the vanity, the walls, and the floors I will try to keep this one in for a week and post an update when I find out more [emoji4]

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have never tried catheter, but rely want to try it out. One thing I do like with diapers is when I get the sudden accident feeling. That wont happen with a catheter. But I came d up with an idea. If putting a non return valve on the end of the catheter. It should not open until there Is some level of pressure. depending on the valve, maybe you might fell some urge before, it happens. A good thing with most non return valves are that they need some pressure to start, but when open they stay open to the flow stops. 

Have anyone tested something like this? 

2 hours ago, mojjen said:

I have never tried catheter, but rely want to try it out. One thing I do like with diapers is when I get the sudden accident feeling. That wont happen with a catheter. But I came d up with an idea. If putting a non return valve on the end of the catheter. It should not open until there Is some level of pressure. depending on the valve, maybe you might fell some urge before, it happens. A good thing with most non return valves are that they need some pressure to start, but when open they stay open to the flow stops. 

Have anyone tested something like this? 

I tried a non return valve at the end of a catheter into a diaper and promptly got UTI. Previously I had used a fitting from the top of a leg bag with tape over the end. In that tape was a single pin hole. That seemed to work rather well at preventing reverse flow providing one drinks plenty of fluids.

I actually started experimenting with stents made from 18fr Foley catheters this week tweeking my method. The first sent I made I did not have a screw cap to prevent discomfort and it was about an inch and a half to long at 6 in long. My second attempt I made the bulb too big ~26 fr causing me to not be able to pass the prostate fully resulting in it working it's way out over night. I just made my third attempt and I made this one 12cm long added the screw cap and made sure to work it in deeper and man could I feel the difference when I got this one in place actually had to spend about half an hour cleaning my bathroom as I basically had no ability to even get the diaper unfolded when I leaked all over the vanity, the walls, and the floors I will try to keep this one in for a week and post an update when I find out more [emoji4]

As an update after constant outward migration I have found a comfortable stent design that doesn't migrate I went with a 5.5 in length on a 20fr Cath and the bulb is ~26 fr i see what some are saying when they say the difference is subtle in size but crazy in feeling and migration chances

The 5.5" length has worked out best for me also. Largest for me has been the 16FR but I will order some 18 and 20FR on my next order.
Interestingly the bulb deflated at some point idk when I've had it in for 3 days and just removed it and it was staying in place no outward migration I'm going to assume it was recently or even as it was removed

Try using KY lube to file the bulb. The heaver solution says put better for me in the bulb and if it should leak its a sterile product. I use a syringe with a blunt tip needle to fill from the cut end and then plug with a piece of nylon cord tapered to fit.

• 1 month later...

So I need some advice.  I have been for the last year using 16 or 18 fr catheters with no bypassing around the catheter.  The past few times I have worn one I have been having terrible bladder spasms with bypassing after around day 4.  I ordered some 20 and 22 fr the other day and tried the 20 with no discomfort.  I can get the 22 in but it is very tight around my penis tip.  What product do you use around the catheter at the tip of your penis to prevent discomfort and to keep it lubricated as sterile lube is too thin to provide long term relief?

NeilSport For the tip around the catheter but you have to keep putting it on all day long. Going with a bigger catheter will stop leaking around the catheter but eventually the bladder spasms will start pushing urine out around the catheter again. Just making your urethra open up larger.  You have to take medicine to relax the bladder wall muscles. 
   I had to stop using Foley catheter because the tip irritate my bladder wall causing stabbing pain.
   The bladder wall muscles causing the spasms is pushing hard on the ballon putting pressure on your prostate making it more intense feeling.  So much pressure that the urine is trying to escape in any way possible through any weak spots. 
   I get sexually aroused when this happe 

So here’s a gross question.

Supoose you have a catheter in, and you take off your diaper to use the toilet for a BM. It seems inevitable that in that process the cath is going to come into contact with a non-sterile surface like the edge of the toilet. 

What have others tried to prevent that?

Well, the inside of your diaper is by far no sterile environment. This is why just inserting a catheter and letting it drain into a diaper is generally not a good idea.

A holey foley should be closed at the end and therefore be a bit safer as in there is no open direct path into your bladder, but it still bears some risks.

1 hour ago, tux22 said:

Well, the inside of your diaper is by far no sterile environment. This is why just inserting a catheter and letting it drain into a diaper is generally not a good idea.

A holey foley should be closed at the end and therefore be a bit safer as in there is no open direct path into your bladder, but it still bears some risks.

And what does one use to close off the end of a catheter? 

And what does one use as a retrieval line, and what does the line attach to?

On 6/28/2020 at 4:23 AM, Alex Bridges said:

And what does one use to close off the end of a catheter? 

The green cone is made to plug into and block a catheter. The red clip is made to close small plastic freezer bags and works just as well.

IMG_2186.JPG

Has anyone with female genitalia (cis women, trans men or any people with vaginas) ever tried an holey foley?
I'd love to read theses people's experiences with caths or holey foleys, would love to experiment on some risk aware partners, I'm mostly concerned by the increased possibilities of getting UTIs .

I've been playing with stents and catheters for years, and finally ended up with a bad UTI. One testicle, prostate, bladder, and both kidneys all infected at the same time. I almost ended up in the hospital, I had a blood pressure of 179/116 from the kidney infection! It's taken a month of antibiotics to get most of it cleared up. Not much fun, but those are the risks we take.

It's amazing how quickly the infection set in though, I didn't feel anything until it hit my testicle and then it was bordering on excruciating. My kidneys still ache, but my blood pressure is back to normal (125/75) and my doctor says it's going to take some time for the aching to go away.

No, this won't stop me from enjoying catheters and stents. Even people who exercise the most sterile procedure possible get infections. I figure one major UTI in a decade isn't unexpected (I've had small bladder infections before but the only symptom was foul smelling urine).

I know this isn't catheter or Stent related, but I thought you guys might like some background on me and my diapers:

I've had night time leaking for years (it's now enough to change the color stripes on an Abena M4, which isn't a small volume). Some nights I stay dry, some nights I wet enough that not having protection would result in a rather large wet spot in the bed. Because it only happened at night, I knew it was likely psychological. I mentioned it to my doctor after it started, and told her I was wearing protection (I didn't say diapers, so she likely thought it was a pad/guard). So, after doing tests and seeing a urologist, she asked if it was something I wanted to try meds for or continue to wear protection "because there's no physical reason for this bedwetting." I told her I would just continue with wearing protection because I didn't want to take any meds. She told me she understood and if I changed my mind to let her know.

About a two years ago, I also started to have some accidents and small pains after sitting down for longer than an hour. This was even worse when driving. I was wearing a diaper if I had to make a drive longer than 45 minutes because I knew there was a chance of getting to my destination and having a big wet spot or on my pants or even wet partway down my legs. Not great if you're going to visit a client for work! I knew enough that this could be a sign of a more serious issue, so I went to see my doctor, fully padded in an M4.

After some blood and urine tests to rule out anything sinister, my doctor diagnosed me with OAB and overflow incontinence. She had me try all sorts of meds but I couldn't handle the side effects. The dry mouth was so bad with every last one of them that I had trouble talking. After going through about 8 different meds, I told her it was just easier to wear a diaper. She told me as long as I was comfortable with it, I should continue wearing diapers as it was perfectly acceptable. And then she told me "you would be surprised how many people I treat that are your age, and they have to wear diapers for the same reasons. So don't feel bad about this." Needless to say, for someone who was already a diaper lover, that was music to my ears!

A couple of days ago I started to take a med (Lyrica) that can cause incontinence  in up to 10% of users. I'm hoping I'm in that 10%, because then I'll be forced to go 24/7. ?

8 hours ago, DiaperDisguise said:

And then she told me "you would be surprised how many people I treat that are your age, and they have to wear diapers for the same reasons. So don't feel bad about this." 

Your profile says 39 yrs old... Is that correct? Just wondered, since I would think incontinence in a 39 yr old male is more rare than someone my age - 60+