LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
dependsfavorite

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

1,089 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2017 at 1:38 AM, abmichael said:

This is long but sort of summarizes what I've learned/experienced so far...

Would you be willing to post photos of some of the catheters and how you've modified them?

I tried the holey foley a few days ago. But it didn't work for me. I had to consciously pee in order for the flow to start (so basically peeing manually but with a tube inside of you). I think I might have put the hole too high up so that the external urethral sphincter muscle was closing off the hole (unless I relaxed it). But I didn't feel the pee flowing outside the catheter the few times it happened. 

Normally I just point a regular catheter above my man dong so the pee trickles down the skin. Then I feel when I pee without the holey foley.

Quite nice to watch a movie and then notice that you're peeing yourself or forget about the time and then when you check your diaper you've managed to soak your pants. Oh how I love catheters :D

1 person likes this

That's likely what happened. I had to get a ruler and measure. It was further than I thought. Keep in mind, you're measuring from the base of the balloon, not the tip. I use the width of my hand (not including thumb) for reference which is about 3.5 inches. 

I was asked how I modify catheters. I had inconsistent results trying to cut a hole and have gone to melting one again. Here is my current method. Your mileage may vary, I take no responsibility for how/whether it works for you. 

This is a Silastic (silicone coated latex) cath. I use a wood burner heated to highest setting with a narrow pointed tip. I also use a diaper wipe for cleaning the top and cleaning the resulting goo off the cath. 

IMG_8293.jpg

This cath doesn't have an inner bag, so I cut a notch out about 4 fingers width from the balloon base. This allows me access to the cath without touching it.  Cut the notch on the side opposite the syringe connector. The fill tube is located on the side where the connector is. 

IMG_8294.jpg

IMG_8295.jpg

Carefully poke the tip of the iron into the cath. Do this in an area where some bad smells is ok. It will stink. It will pool a goo around the hole. At this stage, it's not through to the inside yet, so continue deeper, but don't push hard as you don't want to go through into the other side where the fill tube is. 

IMG_8304.jpg

Here we have broken through. At this stage, wipe the tip of the iron off on the wipe. And use the wipe to wipe off the goo. On some caths it completely wipes off. On this one, it leaves some discoloration. 

IMG_8298.jpg

IMG_8299.jpg

That's where I stopped previously, but this last time, I discovered I can use the side of the iron tip and wipe it back and forth over the hole. this creates a recessed area for the hole which should make it less irritating. 

IMG_8300.jpg

Clean it off again

IMG_8301.jpg

Finally, use one of the swab sticks to clean and disinfect the area while leaving it in the bag. From here, I lube and insert as usual. 

IMG_8312.jpg

Great idea and write up, nice work. It's amazing how creative we have become with this project.

Well... I tried this but my plumbing is a lot different than most people in this post.  I took one cath, inserted, inflated the baloon and then used a sharpie to make a lone where it comes out of my body.  With that as a guide I then took a new catheter and placed the hole about 1/4 of an inch before where the line is on the other catheter.  

What I found is my body still holds tightly around the hole so there isn't much uncontrolled leaking but I have an urge to pee much more often and I can't stop it once the urge starts so I'm wetting far more often.

Interesting experience

Looking to understand and not knowing the female plumbing may I ask if you could advise the distance from the balloon and the distance on the cath where it exits the body? There are other ways to make a cath in to a stent.

In theory, you can sense some resistance between moving the cath in your urethra and encountering the sphincter. You may not be able to fell it with your hand, but it may feel different. If you can detect where that is, you can mark that, then insert it, inflate the balloon, and pull to make sure it's seated. Mark that. Keep in mind that the first mark is from the end of the cath, and the second mark is from the base of the balloon. So you need to adjust for the distance between the point and the base of the balloon. That way, you should be able to determine the distance from the external sphincter to the inside of the bladder. If you measure that distance from the ballon, you should put the hole after that. If the hole is between the sphincters, it won't work as well because the external sphincter is the one you control. Hopefully that makes sense... 

I have a few questions for all cath loving people! :) I figured I could also answer how I usually do instead of just asking the questions

1. Do you feel like after months/years of playing with catheters that it's easier to slip in the tube (especially through the sphincters). For me personally I remember first times I cathed myself. I had to exhale and cough and what not to get the tube through the sphincters. Now, I kinda just keep pushing with almost equal resistance across the length of the urethra. So it's as if the muscle tone of the sphincters has become weaker and/or the continous penetration has led to scarring around the contractile fibers of the sphincter surround the tube and thus 100% seal with the same strength is not possible.

2. For men: when you sit down on a hard surface or when you're lying down and raising yourself up to a sitting position does it hurt? For me it's a burning sensation and I guess it's because of the catheter pressing on the urethra. My question is if anyone has gotten used to this or if it's completely gone after more times being in a cath?

3. Walking with a catheter hurts really much for me. Once I even started peeing blood. This can't be normal? I've tried reducing the balloon size to 6 ml instead of 10 ml. But still it really hurts walking. The pain is by the bladder neck or somewhere by the bend inside (membranous urethra)

4. How do you position the cath? Me, as a guy, I point the dong slighty up and to the side and let the cath drain in front and below my dong. This way I keep the cath away from the dirty ass part :P Also I think it hurts less this way as having the dong and cath all pointing down will create a kink by the bend inside the urethra which irritates it. I haven't figured out how to point it sleeping. I think all down is better here?

5. Do you touch the cath with your hands? I very rarely touch it and usually try to steer it with my dong instead as to try to avoid contamination

I doubt a female could use a holey foley as they really are "spincter muscle" right to the end.  You would be just as good to just cut the catheter and just plug the balloon fill hole with a small nail or Brad.    I did mine this way for years before I developed a nice easy way to make the holey foley. 

Also. what a lot of people don't understand is that you have to use a VERY small catheter so the urine can leak around the outside.  If the catheter takes up all the room in the urethra, then the urine can't get out.  So if an 18fr is uncomfortable, then you need to use a 14fr for your holey foley.  They even go as far as 9fr, but they are short and hard to modify with nipping the balloon lumen.

By the way,  I just uploaded new video on Fetlife and Diaperbois of me inserting my stent..  If anyone is on those sites..  My Fetlife ID is Lonewolf2

https://fetlife.com/users/3044807/videos/721313

You don't need a significantly smaller cath. I thought that too. I initially tried a 16fr as that's standard size. I had a lot of irritation and found that going to an 18fr was actually far more comfortable. Too small allows it to move around inside and irritate things. Going up in size did increase the pressure the urine came out at times, but this wasn't really a bad thing. I don't know what the limit is, I think I could do a 20fr but probably not past that. If you've ever dealt with an actual leaky pipe or something and tried to tape it, you know water will find a way. I think that's true here. 

I haven't been doing it that long, but I would say it definitely gets easier. And I've been wearing a cath for about a month at a time and then changing to a new one since the start of 2017. Finding a cath that works for you is important, but I do think your body adapts as well. I know for me, the silastic caths seem to work best for me. I think hydrogel coated caths should be very comfortable. I tried two, one was ULTRAMER hydrophilic coated, and the other was Bardex Lubricath. I'm fairly certain that the first one was uncomforable but the second one was great. There may have been other variables, but that was my experience. My only complaint is the hydrophilic ones are almost always latex and so I can't use desitin or other petroleum products often as it breaks down latex. I did use it a few times with the Bardex one without obvious problems, but I don't have to worry about the silastic. 

I did like the Duette ones for a while, but it was also the 16fr size as I though I was having problems with it poking the inner wall of the bladder, and maybe it was. But between going to the 18fr and looping the extra in my diaper, it made all the difference. Cutting it off, while it minimizes the length outside, means that any movement against the diaper goes directly to the length inside. I found leaving it whole was best. I let loop down and then leave the end pointing up in front. That means any movement acts on the slack, and doesn't bother anything inside. I did find that a 30ml cath when filled full could be felt somewhat inside, but reducing it to 20ml fixed that. From reading, the 30ml size is mostly for post surgical use, designed to put pressure on the bladder to prevent bleeding. 

After initial insertion, and once in a while I have some burning near the tip. I rub neosporin around and push the cath in and out a little to get it inside. That addresses it. I drink a LOT of fluids during the day. Concentrated urine is much more irritating. So a combination of various techniques, the right size, and longer term use, it's hardly noticeable now. 

On 2/12/2017 at 1:00 AM, abmichael said:

I was asked how I modify catheters. I had inconsistent results trying to cut a hole and have gone to melting one again. Here is my current method. Your mileage may vary, I take no responsibility for how/whether it works for you. 

This is a Silastic (silicone coated latex) cath. I use a wood burner heated to highest setting with a narrow pointed tip. I also use a diaper wipe for cleaning the top and cleaning the resulting goo off the cath. 

IMG_8293.jpg

This cath doesn't have an inner bag, so I cut a notch out about 4 fingers width from the balloon base. This allows me access to the cath without touching it.  Cut the notch on the side opposite the syringe connector. The fill tube is located on the side where the connector is. 

IMG_8294.jpg

IMG_8295.jpg

Carefully poke the tip of the iron into the cath. Do this in an area where some bad smells is ok. It will stink. It will pool a goo around the hole. At this stage, it's not through to the inside yet, so continue deeper, but don't push hard as you don't want to go through into the other side where the fill tube is. 

IMG_8304.jpg

Here we have broken through. At this stage, wipe the tip of the iron off on the wipe. And use the wipe to wipe off the goo. On some caths it completely wipes off. On this one, it leaves some discoloration. 

IMG_8298.jpg

IMG_8299.jpg

That's where I stopped previously, but this last time, I discovered I can use the side of the iron tip and wipe it back and forth over the hole. this creates a recessed area for the hole which should make it less irritating. 

IMG_8300.jpg

Clean it off again

IMG_8301.jpg

Finally, use one of the swab sticks to clean and disinfect the area while leaving it in the bag. From here, I lube and insert as usual. 

IMG_8312.jpg

Super idea and i would think it will be less likely to bother the urinary track at all!

Will give that a try as I got everything on hand to do It.    GREAT JOB//THANKS FOR SHARING

Is this a good topic for introductions? ;) 

Greetings all, I'm a long-term member of ADISC (where the subject of "Incontinent Desires" isn't allowed), so suppose I'm initially registering @ DD to post my experience last evening with the Holey Foley here. Like most of you, I simply wanted to "temporarily" experience what it would be like to be incontinent.

I want to start by saying thanks for everyone's insight. As harmful as these procedures can be, much of it (NOT ALL-- more on that) can be avoided using common sense. Many of you haven't but I'm not here to point fingers. I read through literally all 44 pages of this thread to learn from each of your mishaps and successes, which let me just say took quite a while. Props to each of you for your imaginative and innovative gumption to experiment in these regards, for your honesty when things when awry, and to the mods that have kept the topic of conversation under control.

The most common FR/CH catheter recommended for beginners seemed to be the 14. I purchased two of these sizes, along with one 12 of the Bardex I.C. Silver-Coated Latex type from Allegro Medical ... Only the 12 as well because the thought of sticking "the very first item of my life" (of any size) up my pee hole was somewhat terrifying. I also purchased that blue catheter plug with drainage protector along with three insertion trays to maintain sterility as much as possible. Finally, I also purchased a General Tools standard leather punch on Amazon, along with 5 Cranberry juices at my grocery store.

My mod:

I stuck to the basic procedure (no cutting the catheter, clamping, plugging, & stringing). The only difference was that I plugged the catheter "inside the bottom-most punched hole" with the cut-off tip of a plastic golf tee (sterilized with alcohol). This was aimed to immediately direct the drainage out of the holes, avoiding one of the only major concerns that piss going all the way down to the catheter plug could become stagnant with bacteria build-up over time.

The first leather punch of the 12fr went okay (4 inches after the end of the balloon). I wanted another hole about an inch lower, and somehow accidentally rotated it enough to nick the inflation tube (BAH!) so had to discard it and move to the 14fr (so much for starting small!) My new leather punch apparently doesn't clamp down even, so it was rarely an immediate clean cut and required a bit of wiggling & pulling. The 14fr went as planned-- not as clean oval as some of your cuts, but again I blame my shitty leather punch.

The results:

Like a few other reports while either sitting, standing, or laying, I had to push to initiate the pee (which was always painful), but when that started it was "nearly" impossible to stop. If I tried to stop it, (especially if I was able to using all my energy) there was lots of pain. The only exception that would make me involuntarily pee was when I was in the process of walking/moving... this was the highlight of my experience as it never produced pain. The pee, however, continued to sting the tip of my penis which was annoying and always unpleasant. 

I quickly went through three of my five 64fl/oz Old Orchard Cranberry Classics, which DON'T BUY, btw... I realized when I got home that it only contained 27% juice. It said "reduced sugar, reduced calorie" but I added it up afterwards and had consumed about 500g of sugar and 2,240 calories in those 3.5 alone (HOLY SHIT). Buy 100% juice if available, and if it doesn't taste bitter and gross, you probably didn't get the right stuff. Either way, I drenched my first Bambino Bianco Ultrastretch (all-white Magnifico) in the first three hours, definitely a record. Still, this wasn't the experience I had hoped for.

My idiocy:

There was a plaguing inflammatory pain that I had been experiencing earlier that day (above my left testicle). I don't know if this was a sign from God to not do what I was set out to do. Have you ever felt swelling in one of the seminal tubes that connect your nuts to your urethra? I have in my life, but once or twice before this. Thankfully the pain of this "mostly" went away in time to try out the cath, so I foolishly decided to cath anyway. This pain returned after I inserted the cath, and got so progressively bad that I could barely walk. I took a shower with the cath, noticed the pain and swelling had grown to my left testicle (which looked nearly double in size, I couldn't even touch it) and I obviously decided to take it out right after. 

The pain continued, and I think I may have been experiencing some minor bacterial infection (see Epididymitis, nonspecific bacterial). I popped two 100mg minocycline antibiotics leftover from about 4 years back... had a big prayer with God, I slept it off, woke up with about 90% less pain, took another this morning and most symptoms have subsided now (about 20 hrs later). I only have one more antibiotic pill left and will probably take it this evening; I'm hoping that all will be fine because I currently lack health insurance-- hence the idiocy heading...

Conclusion:

I don't know if I'll ever cath again. It's actually not fair to say that when the inflammation wasn't necessarily caused by cathing (and rather perpetuated by it). This was obviously bad timing on my part, but this fetish is odd as you know... I actually had purchased two cases of diapers in preparation of this (that's 80, most owned at one time), and only got through one diaper... :blink: I think if I ever do cath again, I will need to have health insurance in the event shit hits the fan. Be careful everyone!

Infection can get into the testes via the prostate. It happened to me once; very painful. It took a long course of antibiotics from the urologist to clear it up. Good luck.