LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

For me, the small 12fr go in like a dream. I certainly don't take them all the way to the fork, just an inch past the point where urine flows, then inflate the balloon. I clean the head with an antiseptic wipe and use sterile tongs and sterile lube. Also I prefer catheters coated with silver salts (Bardex IC) to reduce the infection risks. A week is as long as I will go. For better or for worse, boners are not a problem, prostate was removed a while back.

On 21-12-2016 at 3:49 AM, dipper said:

Hey guys, I have some problems catherizing, I thought you might help :)

It's become more frequent that I meet resistance while passing my sphincter. Urine flows out but I can't push the catheter all the way to the fork (I don't want to accidently inflate the balloon the in urethra). First time this happened I tried pushing anyway despite the resistance and I felt a sudden pain from the bladder (like as if I had poked it). Today it happened again and I tried pushing it in several times by withdrawing it slightly and pushing in again. Nothing seemed to work. I even pulled it out entirely and inserted it again. Same problem.

Back in the days when I used to install catheters I had the same problem every so now and then. I found that inserting a catheter in an empty bladder proved to be more difficult in comparison to installing a catheter in a full or half full bladder. So once I found that out I had no more issues. Something similar applies for the diameter of the catheter if it is too small it becomes harder to get it in, but that was back in the days I haven

Here is a quick review of my new design.

Start with a 16FR 30 CC cath. While sealed in the packaging tear open the fill end and add 1 1/2 CC of fluid. I've gone mucho and tried 2+ only to find it would go where I wanted it too. Using

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for all you men out there with a tube in your dongs : how do you place the catheter when going to sleep? If I place it down in the diaper then my littleman will migrate up eventually anyway and the pee will flow everywhere. Also how do you place it normally when up and about? I like to have mine pointing slightly

13 hours ago, dipper said:

Also other thoughts : if I stand up with a catheter inside I tend to get a lot of bladder spasms (probably because of the balloon pressing on the bladder. Do you guys experience the same? How long do you generally keep the catheter inside? Spasms are generally a sign that the cath you are using is too small. try increasing one size at a time.

Do all of you use antiseptics on your meatus before insertion? ALWAYS I use povidone Iodine 10%. Same stuff you find in a catheter insertion kit.

I'm on anti-depressants, so I don't get many natural (unstimulated) erections anymore. But in terms of positioning the catheter, I've found it best to go down , curve it around and place the end pointing up. The end is probably at or below my penis, the loop is below that. I think the loop is important as it provides slack for movement. For a few days I wasn't positioning it specifically, just letting it hang down at change

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the holey foley a few days ago. But it didn't work for me. I had to consciously pee in order for the flow to start (so basically peeing manually but with a tube inside of you). I think I might have put the hole too high up so that the external urethral sphincter muscle was closing off the hole (unless I relaxed it). But I didn't feel the pee flowing outside the catheter the few times it happened.

• Like 1

That's likely what happened. I had to get a ruler and measure. It was further than I thought. Keep in mind, you're measuring from the base of the balloon, not the tip. I use the width of my hand (not including thumb) for reference which is about 3.5 inches.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In theory, you can sense some resistance between moving the cath in your urethra and encountering the sphincter. You may not be able to fell it with your hand, but it may feel different. If you can detect where that is, you can mark that, then insert it, inflate the balloon, and pull to make sure it's seated. Mark that. Keep in mind that the first mark is from the end of the cath, and the second mark is from the base of the balloon. So you need to adjust for the distance between the point and the base of the balloon. That way, you should be able to determine the distance from the external sphincter to the inside of the bladder. If you measure that distance from the ballon, you should put the hole after that. If the hole is between the sphincters, it won't work as well because the external sphincter is the one you control. Hopefully that makes sense...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You don't need a significantly smaller cath. I thought that too. I initially tried a 16fr as that's standard size. I had a lot of irritation and found that going to an 18fr was actually far more comfortable. Too small allows it to move around inside and irritate things. Going up in size did increase the pressure the urine came out at times, but this wasn't really a bad thing. I don't know what the limit is, I think I could do a 20fr but probably not past that. If you've ever dealt with an actual leaky pipe or something and tried to tape it, you know water will find a way. I think that's true here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Infection can get into the testes via the prostate. It happened to me once; very painful. It took a long course of antibiotics from the urologist to clear it

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I had the exact same thing! Been playing with catheters for a while and never really had an issue... Always used sterile gloves, completely sterile brand new catheters and sterile lubricant. Oh and drinking cranberry juice.

Didn't have an issue for quite a few sessions then one day after I removed it I got an infection in my right testicle, blood in my urine etc. Was incredibly painful, ended up on endone in Hospital on IV antibiotics as I became septic with a constant heart rate over 100 for 3 days straight