LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

• 3 weeks later...

My new stent.....

2elw3m1.jpg

I found out two silicon o-rings do a better job keeping the stent at the right spot than the curved pieces of pvc. Maybe it doesn't look very special, but it is almost scary how little I feel it is there and yet have no control at all over my bladder.

These are the materials and tools I used to make this stent.

14ucklz.jpg

• Like 1

That's great design.

Is the upper o-ring through a hole in the tubing?

It's hard to see the detail on that in the picture.

Yes it is. I use the crochet hook to pull this ring through the hole. After that I pull the two small loops of silicone over the top to the other side of the stent.

Although the thought of permanent use is sometimes very tempting and also very easy to achieve, I know it would be very hard to enjoy incontinence after a few days. So I use my stent once a week for about three days consecutively.

Nevertheless I am curious how long I can use my latest stent. It is so comfortable that it might be possible to use it for very long periods. So maybe I will give it a try and use it for a month or so.....

I'll keep you informed.

Although the thought of permanent use is sometimes very tempting and also very easy to achieve, I know it would be very hard to enjoy incontinence after a few days. So I use my stent once a week for about three days consecutively.

Nevertheless I am curious how long I can use my latest stent. It is so comfortable that it might be possible to use it for very long periods. So maybe I will give it a try and use it for a month or so.....

I'll keep you informed.

Just as a caution I'd say make sure you take it out and thoroughly wash it at least once a week. This should help keep your risk of infection down.

@ Baby Brian - well it's an interesting point - as the stents we're desigining are totally indwelling and nothing is exposed outside the body, is there any possibility of infection? With a constant dribble of piss it's also the case that you'll be constantly flushing the urethra.

@ Cathdiap - will look to hearing how you get on - sounds like going for a month would be quite a change for you. Will be interesting to see if it changes your views on being incontinent and in diapers, either positively or negatively ...

I'm honestly not sure. I do know with regular catheters you have to replace them at least every 7 days. As far as I know, with stents you only have a risk of infection when it's first placed.

Given the modified catheter is completely inside you it would be constantly flushed wouldn't it. I suppose it would have a reduced risk associated with it. But now you've got me wondering, would it be better to just leave it in (like a stent), or would removing and sterilizing it be better (like a catheter). Looks like I'm not sure about that any more. Might be more of a question for someone with a medical background.

@ Baby Brian - well it's an interesting point - as the stents we're desigining are totally indwelling and nothing is exposed outside the body, is there any possibility of infection? With a constant dribble of piss it's also the case that you'll be constantly flushing the urethra.

@ Cathdiap - will look to hearing how you get on - sounds like going for a month would be quite a change for you. Will be interesting to see if it changes your views on being incontinent and in diapers, either positively or negatively ...

I'm honestly not sure. I do know with regular catheters you have to replace them at least every 7 days. As far as I know, with stents you only have a risk of infection when it's first placed.

Given the modified catheter is completely inside you it would be constantly flushed wouldn't it. I suppose it would have a reduced risk associated with it. But now you've got me wondering, would it be better to just leave it in (like a stent), or would removing and sterilizing it be better (like a catheter). Looks like I'm not sure about that any more. Might be more of a question for someone with a medical background.

I've been following this thread for sometime and I'm very interested in the whole idea of a stent. These last two versions, the modified cath with the compression sleeves, or the medical grade tubing with silicon o-rings, are very tempting. They seem relatively easy to build and only have a very few materials. My big question now is how is one of these things installed? Do you push it in with a sound or crochet hook or what??

I use a knitting needle because the tip fits well in the opening of the stent. Sounds a bit tricky maybe, but it is safe. I use a crochet hook for retrieving the stent by hooking the loop at the bottom.

Please be very cautious my friends!!!! No way do I want anyone getting hurt... I have experimented for years use clean medical products safe for the body and keep it simple and safe in design