LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

1 hour ago, Kenseibert said:

just for thought with the upmost respect then why post anything

And I have to wonder why you are responding to a post from 2011 when things are clearly different now? There was no point in you posting this either- just saying it's a lot like the pot calling the kettle black if you know what I mean.

Bettypooh

On 9/9/2018 at 8:11 AM, Bettypooh said:

@ppdudeIf you have liquid pee in your diaper for more than several seconds, then you either need to change it or you need to use a better diaper. Though it doesn't happen much anymore, when I "flood" I release from 250mL to 500mL in about two seconds, and with the better diapers everything has passed through the barrier sheet within about 8 seconds or less unless my diaper is nearing it's capacity limits when that takes a lot longer. Skin itches when it's irritated, and clean dry skin doesn't get irritated and doesn't much itch. A good diaper and scrupulous cleaning twice a day is my trick, and now I only get chafing rashes and not many of those.

Bettypooh

The Dry 24/7 diapers work really well. It soaks up floods really well and can go a long time before irritation and rash sets in. I have a steady, variable volume leak. The diaper works great for this. Sometimes I'm not sure if or how much I've wet, so will put on a cloth diaper to confirm that it's happening as sometimes I don't think I am having a problem. It usually gets really wet after 3-4 hours but not dripping wet. I'll go as long as I can without vinyl pants so that I can get a better idea of the of the time it takes before putting them on. After about 6-8 hours they are drenched. At that point, a new disposable goes on.

Catheter wouldn't work; the sphincter pushed the Foley out. No catheter here!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Previously all my attempts at making stents and holey foley catheters have resulted in varying degrees of discomfort although I regularly use catheters without problems.

Yesterday, instead of cutting a hole in a catheter I cut a longitudinal slit just outboard from where the external sphincter would be. Using a Bardia 14FG and a new box cutter, I held the catheter over the forefinger with the inflation line down and carefully cut along the catheter with the new blade. The material is quite tough but with a little sawing action it can be cut this way.   The catheter was soaked in alcohol and rinsed with boiled water before being inserted in the usual way. A spigot was then placed in the outlet.   Works fine. No discomfort.

• 3 months later...

I am hoping this form is still active I’ve been researching both this form and the one by Cathdiap and his stents I’ve been working towards making my own and I am running into a couple of issues my designs have proven concept however I can’t figure out how to measure the distance between my external sphincter and my internal sphincter  using a clean catheter I have inserted it until I feal the first bit of slight resistance which should be the external sphincter I push past that and feel the second resistance which should be the internal sphincter in the bladder I measure that out and I get roughly an 1 1/2 what I’m trying to figure out is do I need to make my bends on the outside of that or have the actual bend center 1 1/2 inches from each other  also with the stents that I have gotten to somewhat work I’m having  migrating into the bladder issues also it always feels like there’s stining a bit at the tip of my penis yet my stents don’t go past 5 inches total do I need to shorten them ? where is my problem I really would like to figure this out thank you for all your help  

Stay safe and  Play safe 

The topic is still alive trust me.? But, I am sorry to tell you I am afraid you will have to figure it out by yourself, not that I am not willing to help and I think others are willing to help as well. For sure you can use all the tips and pointers given in this topic and the other one named ”my experience with catheters” I would even recommend it, for it might keep you from making mistakes others already made. Thing is, we all differ in a way although our anatomy is the same, it could very well be related to personal height for instance. On a personal note I never could get the stents with bents in them to completely work for me, while for other members they work just fine. Some have 2” between the bents while others have 1 ¾” between them, it really is a case of trial and error I am sorry to say. I have tried to make some with bents in them way, way back, but I couldn’t get it to work like I wanted them to work, I had migration issues amongst others so went for another approach and that works for me. I started out with Cathdiap design and took it from there. I know others tried my method and for them my design sucked big time. I firmly belief there is no right or wrong it is just the case of figuring out what works best for you with as little as possible complications and hinder. I think it is not really the answer you are looking for but to my personal opinion it is not far from the reality.

dlnoir thank you for your responses it actually gave me way more info then you know i do know that every one is different but the fact that u say that the bends dont work for you and you had migrating issues helps me alot the similarity help me diagnose what im doing wrong i do have one ? that you mite be able to answer i am modifying the red rubber speed caths and when i trim to fit it seams that the trim side is scratching the inside but its smooth im puseld other then this form "close to incontinence with a catheter" and my experience with stents" do you have more info suggestions

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stubaby7.

Over the years I have tried numerous designs, lengths and models, frankly I lost count. In the beginning I had the same problems like you do, the cuts and seams scratched my urethra folding the tubes inward solved that problem. In my designs I always used a medical grade silicone tubing 6mm (1/4”) in diameter and silicone O-rings to keep the stent in its place. I never tried anything else but silicone tubing and O-rings. Silicone is rather soft and gentle. The only downside I found you can’t bend it like you can with other polymers like PVC with heat. Over time I learned that a shorter stent worked better for me than a longer one, shorter stents caused less irritation. When I started out my initial design measured up close to 125 mm (5”) while the one I use nowadays only measures 75mm (3”) max. By now my drive to experiment with stents dropped to zero for my latest design works perfectly for me, it took me like forever to get though. As with so many things in life you’ll try something see if it is an improvement if it is not you’ll simply have to think it over and try something else. That is basically what is did throughout the process to get where I am now. I have tried some things over the years which were drop dead horrible while initially I thought they would be an improvement. In my latest design I dropped the outer O-ring replacing it for and silicone bulge. The bulge is big enough to prevent the stent from migrating inward into the bladder. I kept the inner O-ring at the same position like I did from day one.  The one is meant to keep the stent positioned inside your bladder and provides more retaining power in comparison to the silicone bulge. The silicone bulge in comparison to the O-ring is more gentle to the urethra and much smoother

Dlnoir, I looked back a few pages hoping to see photos showing your design and found nothing. I like you am always experimenting and looking for better ideas. Would it be possible to post a photo of your latest design?

On 3/15/2019 at 1:32 AM, Loveable_guy said:

Dlnoir, I looked back a few pages hoping to see photos showing your design and found nothing. I like you am always experimenting and looking for better ideas. Would it be possible to post a photo of your latest design?

Sure no problem. The picture is probably posted in the topic my experience with stents, but here it is.

IMG_1329.JPG

I did look thru your profile and other post but thank you for re-posting it here. WOW, you have a lot of the stent entering the bladder. Not that a normally Foley does not but most of the stent designs discussed here have less entering the bladder. The important thing is it works! The flare at the end is interesting. Would instructing on making the flare also be elsewhere also? Remember we lost a good bit of content sometime back to board crash.

The stent I have in place now is just under 5" in length, was made from silicon airline, The ends were folder inside making them perfectly smooth.  To prevent the ends from rolling back (out) I placed a short section of rigid tubing inside the folds. The retrial cord is attached the end by tying it around the second rigid insert. I was able to crate the flare less distance you have your O ring by heating the tubing and forcing a Watts A-2C brass compression ring inside the tubing. So far so good.

Thanks again for re-posting. May your diaper always be wet!

Hi Loveable-guy.

The total of the stent only measures some 75 mm (3”) and the perforated section only measures 20 mm (3/4”) so I think it is not all that long. The O-ring gently leans against the internal sphincter muscle without causing any hinder. If I remember correctly a fully inflated Foley catheter will be longer and bigger in that aria. The location of the bulge only measures some 5 to 6 mm (1/4”). The bulge is made out of silicone polymer which I shape to my likings and desired diameter. The distance between the O-ring measures some 50 mm (2”) at the most. As far as I can remember I never posted any instructions, just a short list of the materials which I used, the tool and a maybe a general description at best. I know a lot of information got lost with the crash maybe they can restore it at one time or another.  I do remember a lot of posters made a complete description on how to make one using pictures and all really is a shame if it got lost permanently.

Unfortunately all the lost pics and messages from the crash are gone forever on our end. I do ask that those who were affected by this re-post what they can, especially in this thread where a pic is worth a million words of description and more.

Bettypooh

• 5 months later...
On 10/24/2015 at 12:44 PM, dlnoir said:

Sure can here it is.

Stent%20new_zpslsxlj3oq.jpg

The ends of the tube are flipped inward to create a smooth end of the stent.

I used to turn it outward never caused me any issues but this is much smoother.

For the picture I placed a measuring tape next to it just to give you an indication.

The total length is some 40 cm and that is including the retrieval line.

To be extra safe there is always an option to tie a beat to the line.

Hello.
Sorry for my rough English but, I use google translate.
I have been looking for something like this for years, and I would have liked to know how I could get a stent like this.
Sincerely ...

Alex.

21 hours ago, Cub said:

Hello.
Sorry for my rough English but, I use google translate.
I have been looking for something like this for years, and I would have liked to know how I could get a stent like this.
Sincerely ...

Alex.

You have to build it yourself, you cannot buy them in a shop.

Most of the guys use silicone tubes and rubber o-rings for their design, then it is just fiddling with the dimensions until it fits right.

17 minutes ago, Catheterslave said:

Go to a uroligist and have them put in a Spanner stent 

How would that help? It doesn't keep the sphincter open. It's merely for keeping the urethra open with an enlarged prostate.

In my case Foley's are definitely required as my sphincter spasms when opening and thus closes by itself.

Even Botox and nerve cuts didn't help much, and they refuse to do a sphincterectomy for its too invasive

How would that help? It doesn't keep the sphincter open. It's merely for keeping the urethra open with an enlarged prostate.
In my case Foley's are definitely required as my sphincter spasms when opening and thus closes by itself.
Even Botox and nerve cuts didn't help much, and they refuse to do a sphincterectomy for its too invasive

Spanner stent the longest one will keep your spinster muscles open 24/7 it will make you drip uncontrollable a 10 is the longest one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
32 minutes ago, Catheterslave said:

Spanner stent the longest one will keep your spinster muscles open 24/7 it will make you drip uncontrollable a 10 is the longest one

I read a few of the studies regarding the spanner and the results were promising, but not really great. Just from the back of my head: quite a few of the  test subject had to get the spanner removed surgically because it migrated or could not be removed with the removal mechanism. Also there were discomfort and UTIs, all in all it did not look much better than homemade stents.

Combined with the costs and difficulty to find a urologist who would do such a procedure without indication, building your own seems like a better solution to me.

A spanner is not the solution to all problems.

Well I am no expert as it comes to spanner stents but as far as I know the spanner stents does not exceed a length of 3 1/2” or 9 cm, that is, if the information in their brochure is correct. On the other hand, I do feel if you where to find a urologist whom is willing to install a spanner stent without indication, a 3 ½” stent could be able to bypass the inner and outer sphincters, my homemade stent is just about the same length if I were to take that for reference. I think the stent will migrate inward until the distal anchor of the device is positioned in the bulbar urethra, just below the sphincter. The distal anchor is meant to be in that position in order to keep the stent from migrating inward. If the anchor is meant to be in that position where is the exit of the stent supposed to go?

https://www.srsmedical.com/the-spanner-healthcare-professionals/

like I said I have no experience nor do I considder myself to be an expert.

The Spanner is 100 time better the then dangerous home made stent. The ST is sterile and is FDA approved. The home made stent have way too many parts to go wrong and can cause scratches to the urethral and can damage to any think in your junk. Does any body have the true numbers on how many issues people had with these dangerous home made stent?? I bet there is much more issues with them then the ST. The Foley catheter are FDA approve and can be taken out any time , I could see pulling on a string or what ever people use to pull out there home made stent and only the string come out and migrate back into the bladder. Well doctor it’s like this ........  . I’m just trying to put it out there to prevent people damaging the junk   Have a great day.