LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

6 hours ago, Somelildude said:

Okay, I have lurked this forum for a while now.  Due to the database corruption issue where posts are cut off, I was wondering if you the community kind of came to a consensus on the mod'ed catheter thing.  Like, do you have a best way to do it?  Is there a way to safely mod one so that there isn't something beyond the tip but safely retrievable?  How do you deal with the excess catheter tubing when you don't?

I think if you really want to come right down what makes it safe and what makes it risky,  it has a lot to do with what kinds of microbes live on your body.  Being too clean invites bad bacteria to proliferate, being too dirty tends to allow bacteria to get into places they don't belong.   I have honestly been using the "Holey Foley" for over 20 years and have had 3 bladder infections and several urethral irritations.  Not really bad for the amount I have slide them in, cut them off and left them for 2-10 days.  And jerked off with them in there.  Jerking off or other sexual activities seems to increase my chances of any infection.  After all it makes the entire system much more hospitable to living bugs.  So flushing and proper care is a important part of the process.  But some people are just normally infected with rouge bugs that are going to cause them problems.     Just be ready to go see a doctor !

just on another note with the holey foley !!   Ialso lost one inside me while getting way too hot with a friend jerking off and edging.  I had to go to the Emergency hospital to have it removed and I had to tell them HOW TO REMOVE IT !  They wanted to do exploratory surgery, but I explained they could get it with a scope.  After about 3 hours of arguing and signing papers, they took 3 minutes to slide it in and pull it out.  I went home wishing I had a new one to put in !!  Just deal with your interests and accept that there are risk crossing the street.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:19 PM, Shaver315 said:

I think if you really want to come right down what makes it safe and what makes it risky,  it has a lot to do with what kinds of microbes live on your body.  Being too clean invites bad bacteria to proliferate, being too dirty tends to allow bacteria to get into places they don't belong.   I have honestly been using the "Holey Foley" for over 20 years and have had 3 bladder infections and several urethral irritations.  Not really bad for the amount I have slide them in, cut them off and left them for 2-10 days.  And jerked off with them in there.  Jerking off or other sexual activities seems to increase my chances of any infection.  After all it makes the entire system much more hospitable to living bugs.  So flushing and proper care is a important part of the process.  But some people are just normally infected with rouge bugs that are going to cause them problems.     Just be ready to go see a doctor !

just on another note with the holey foley !!   Ialso lost one inside me while getting way too hot with a friend jerking off and edging.  I had to go to the Emergency hospital to have it removed and I had to tell them HOW TO REMOVE IT !  They wanted to do exploratory surgery, but I explained they could get it with a scope.  After about 3 hours of arguing and signing papers, they took 3 minutes to slide it in and pull it out.  I went home wishing I had a new one to put in !!  Just deal with your interests and accept that there are risk crossing the street.

With all that being said, I think what I was looking for was a re-upload of some pictures and other things that have been lost.  However, thank you for the breakdown of risk!  You're right, there is risk inherent in all that we do, and we must do this as safe as possible.

Shaver was apparently using a "holey Foley".  Which is a Foley catheter modified to allow leakage down the outside of the catheter.   Catheter is also shortened and plugged so the balloon will not deflate.  Unfortunately, the downside is that a shortened Foley has nothing to stop it from migrating into the bladder unless some sort of tether was added.  And at times a tether will not be enough.

• Like 1

I use an intermittent catheter and let it drain into my nappy overnight. If I push it in far enough and put the nappy on tight enough it stays in all night.

I've tried during the day but it's not very comfortable when I'm sitting but laying down all night is great !

I love that I'm wetting and have no sensation at all I can just feel my nappy is getting wet. I wake up every morning with such a lovely feeling of a wet heavy nappy on.

• Like 1

Shaver is not the only one to have a stent or a modified catheter get lost in their bladder. And for the record I was lucky in that it was fished our using the same pathway that it got in there. My mistake was using a small O ring that was while sleeping pulled in to my bladder. Overall it cost me a day in the ER (very embarrassing ) and about $2100. USD in co-pays that medical insurance did not pay. One might thing I would of placed this hobby on the list of 'don't do that again' but shorty after recovery I was back at it but this time with a much larger O ring, one  that slides over my shaft. Oh and the line I use now is a 10Lb test braided fishing line. No more dental floss for me, at least not down there.   

And for the record them rat baster's in the ER kept my stent too. It must be hanging the hall of fame under 'look what stupid did now'.

Play safe and remember to tie off tightly.

• Like 3

Would someone be willing to post a picture of a "good" holey foley that have used?  I'm a little confused on how to clamp it off.  I saw something about a zip tie.  Unfortunately, I'm only getting bits and pieces of the information.

10 hours ago, Somelildude said:

Would someone be willing to post a picture of a "good" holey foley that have used?  I'm a little confused on how to clamp it off.  I saw something about a zip tie.  Unfortunately, I'm only getting bits and pieces of the information.

Wondering if the mods are able to restore anything or if everything is literally gone with no backups ever made?

Until then, here are five I saved regarding the holey foley. All photo credits go to posters of this thread.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 1

I've only used latex for a holey foley, they can stretch and not snap where you punch the holes (assuming you don't go over board) I'm unsure how a silicone one would hold up , but just the price and that you are unlikely to keep it in for a longer amount of time that would need a silicone unit 

As for plugging the end, when you buy your cath's , also buy a valve so you can easily open the end if needed in a rush. I keep the valve right up near the top of my diaper at the front. this way you can easily reach in, pull it out and open the tap. More of a just in case kind of thing. 

Other tricks with holey foley's I've found is if you want to stop any dripping when needed, when getting out of shower and dried is to push the foley further in so the hole goes in past your outer sphincter. 

13 hours ago, Puppyz said:

I've only used latex for a holey foley, they can stretch and not snap where you punch the holes (assuming you don't go over board) I'm unsure how a silicone one would hold up , but just the price and that you are unlikely to keep it in for a longer amount of time that would need a silicone unit 

As for plugging the end, when you buy your cath's , also buy a valve so you can easily open the end if needed in a rush. I keep the valve right up near the top of my diaper at the front. this way you can easily reach in, pull it out and open the tap. More of a just in case kind of thing. 

Other tricks with holey foley's I've found is if you want to stop any dripping when needed, when getting out of shower and dried is to push the foley further in so the hole goes in past your outer sphincter. 

Thanks for the good advice!  If you don't mind my picking your brain, what do you use to punch the holes, and what size cath do you typically buy?

For punching the hole I use a leather punch. Easily purchased online and with different sizes dies. To make a clean cut I use a piece of thin card stock behind the cath. This allows the cutter to pass thru the cath and in to the soft card stock. Makes a much better hole. 

• Like 1
On 14/12/2017 at 6:41 AM, Somelildude said:

Thanks for the good advice!  If you don't mind my picking your brain, what do you use to punch the holes, and what size cath do you typically buy?

I've only ever folded the cath over on itself (being mindful of the balloon fill tube) and cut with a small sharp pair of scissors. 

As for sizes, 16fr seems to work best for me , have tried a 12fr thinking it would allow the pee to get past the cath and urethra more easily but the inside diameter of the hole seemed too small. Have also tried an 18fr but it irritated me too much so swapped it out for a 16. 

13 hours ago, Puppyz said:

I've only ever folded the cath over on itself (being mindful of the balloon fill tube) and cut with a small sharp pair of scissors. 

As for sizes, 16fr seems to work best for me , have tried a 12fr thinking it would allow the pee to get past the cath and urethra more easily but the inside diameter of the hole seemed too small. Have also tried an 18fr but it irritated me too much so swapped it out for a 16. 

On 12/13/2017 at 8:49 PM, Loveable_guy said:

For punching the hole I use a leather punch. Easily purchased online and with different sizes dies. To make a clean cut I use a piece of thin card stock behind the cath. This allows the cutter to pass thru the cath and in to the soft card stock. Makes a much better hole. 

Thank you very much!  This is a lot of good info, and I hope a good starting place for someone like me who is wanting to try this.

• 3 weeks later...

This evening I've taken it upon the New Year to start it off incontinent with the holey foley method! :P

This is the second time I've tried doing this, but on this one... more successfully! The retention issue was being caused by my meatus opening being so tiny, it was sealing the urine back around the catheter, not allowing it to exit. Bending the cath along the top of my dick and taping it there has allowed the meatus to open enough to produce a decent dribble. Most often I feel a minor burn on the tip of my dick when I do urinate though-- hoping that goes away.

I haven't completely figured it out yet because it mostly seems like I have a lot of control still-- a topic that nobody here seems to talk about. In most positions, I am required to even initiate the stream. I don't know how that works when both of my sphincters are above the holes and cathed. It also doesn't allow for flooding. If I get the urge to piss and I'm not able to pass it quick enough (and piss at the fast speed I need), I get repetitive painful cramps and urges until all the urine has exited. I did punch 2 holes into it, but it seems like it would need way more if that's the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

I too have the issue of being able to hold somewhat. As far as I can tell, not only do your inner and outer sphincters contract closed when you clench but also your urethra closes off somewhat and clenches around the catheter. Only when you push, sneeze, cough, attempt to fart does pee flow freely for me. Also when getting out of the car and standing up I can feel a good size gush escape.

But in saying all of this, try putting just a pair of undies and light coloured jeans on while you have a holey foley inside you... I can guarantee you will have a noticable wet pair of pants on in no time hehe ( I do this for the little feels while at home in between changes sometimes) 

• Like 1

I have posted before about the fact that you have many ways to "Hold it" if you aren't careful.   Having too big a catheter allows a lot of  "squeeze" by the urethra.  Just crossing your legs will clamp the urethra closed.  I also have a narrowing stricture just inside my head and so a lartger size catheter will obstruct urine.  At times, like when I am lying down on  my back, my bladder will fill to max because gravity isn't working in my favor.  And if I then stand, the pee will fill the urethra, but the restricted end causes great pain in the urethra. The urethra was not meant to be a backup reservoir for urine.

I always recommend using the smallest size catheter that is comfortable and adding a little Vaseline or bacitracin to the head of your penis so the catheter slides instead of rubs the tip.  The tip of your penis can get really sore and infected.  And it hurts  !!

18 hours ago, Puppyz said:

Only when you push, sneeze, cough, attempt to fart does pee flow freely for me. Also when getting out of the car and standing up I can feel a good size gush escape.

Try putting just a pair of undies and light coloured jeans on while you have a holey foley inside you... I can guarantee you will have a noticable wet pair of pants on in no time hehe   

This is quite similar to the experience with my stent only a little more dribble maybe, but this is also what I find the most fun! 
I have an overactive bladder that can be controlled for a very short time before 'flood' requiring diapers almost 24/7, but I still use a stent. The unexpected spurts and gushes with every move, sneeze or yawn, the instant uncontrollable  'stand up floods', or when sitting long enough the 'you have to pee' urge, followed mere seconds later by spasm and voiding that NOTHING stops, are just so intoxicatingly addictive.  <3  
Once stent is in and settled I am having a VERY hard time with wanting to remove it.     

Also tried the no diaper thing, when I thought the stent wasn't really runing freely.  Very wet pants in very short order. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

been using a cathater off on for months.  drains into my diaper.  you can feel it tickle down and arround pretty cool.  i take it out soak in water with anti biotic soap.  pull it out rinse then use alchol to flush and reuse for a couple weeks.  goes in easy.  need to get a plug for the end so when you change it does not go all over.  i end up with 2 diapers a day full with booster pads.  my body seems to prefer it now after a period of time.  im useing atn with a simple large quantity booster pad.  change twice a day change each time. if i have to go poo i usualy change then and remove to put a clean one in.  betadine wash of it as well. wet the be a few times even with protective cover.  so usiing booster pads more the back to ubsorb what runs arround.  thinking of differ diapers with more side protection. 

i tried the holes in the cathater thing which sounds good. but i did blow one up to much and it poped inside.  most came out but not all not right away.  it all did come out.  the holes fine but i just use a cath all the time now with atn and a booster pad. can go about 3 diapers a day. i just use a foley and i can put it in take it out at will now no issue.  over filling or bigger are not where you want to go.  i do wish they made shorter foleys so if someone knows on that like to know. i have had an orchendectomy so i have some down there not a lot. but i just let the top of the folly in front and i can feel it trickle down all the time.  when you lay down thats sometimes a problem because it wants to come out the top of the diaper. 

another problem is going to the bathroom with a foley in. right now i wrap it in sterile pad so not to touch the toilet or take it out.  i keep them soaking in antibacterial after washing and reuse a few times. clean with alchol betadyne before use.  i left one out the other night i had to get up and pee no less than 5 times then again in the am.  my body is so use to it now. 

still searching for the best leak proof diaper covers as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Although I have had plenty of experience with catheters I have had no success with stents; always uncomfortable. Today I tried what might be another variation of the 'holy foley'.   Several inches back from the balloon, with a pair of side-cutters, I made a single cut at an angle so that a flap formed, being careful to be on the opposite side to the balloon line.  After sterilizing, the catheter was inserted in the usual way and a spigot placed in the outlet. The remaining catheter is tucked into the diaper, inert. I can feel the flow in the same way as with a stent. Zero discomfort.