LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

9 hours ago, diapersandhugs said:

Hey man you should head to the hospital right away I'm actually in the hospital myself right now for exactly the same thing and had I waited any longer I'd be dead. My bladder infection has made its way to the kidneys and has also made its way into my blood and I'm septic. And it happened within a matter of hours. My blood pressure dropped all the way down to 70 over 30. Get to the doctor right now do not try to beat this infection on your own you will not. Trust me on this one I've made enough mistakes for the both of us get to the doctor. As it stands I still don't know if I'm going to live through this one.

D&H were you

5 minutes ago, diapersandhugs said:

So the reason your symptoms might be worse after starting antibiotics is that you might not be on the right antibiotics. Question did they do a culture of both your urine and blood to search for a specific type of bacteria that you have? For all you know you could be fighting off an antibiotic resistant strain of something like I am. I am now certain after 4 days exactly what type of bacteria I have. Turns out I have an E.coli infection and that E.coli is resistant to two different types of antibiotics commonly used to treat E.coli. if you're on antibiotics now and getting sicker should not be waiting until you throw up to go back to the hospital period return immediately. And explain the situation. Trust me the amount of time that you leave a catheter and has nothing to do with whether or not you're going to get sick so limiting your catheter play to only a few hours is not going to protect you. But I'll save that argument for another day right now just get to the fucking Hospital unless you want to die. Might not be a bad idea to get yourself admitted and observed over the course of a few days. If you're exhibiting fevers and chills you're on the same path that I was. Please don't take this lightly like I did, you do not want to know what it's like when this gets to your blood.

No she just listened to what symptoms I had and then prescribed an antibiotic. She told me we should check bacterial culture after 7-9 days when treatment has ended. But I might go back to her tomorrow (in 9 hours) and tell her about the progressing symptoms. Thanks for the heads up!

On 2016-09-26 at 11:40 PM, diapersandhugs said:

One last thing just want to let you know that at no time during any of this that I actually vomit. Just because vomiting is listed as a symptom of a disease does not necessarily mean you will exhibit it before dying. How's your blood pressure I wonder? If you do nothing else please have your blood pressure monitor it regularly by buying a home blood pressure cuff. You have no idea how quickly you can go from fine to dead. I'll tell you something I was literally the night before standing in front of a room of 400 people delivering the speech of my career. The next morning I was in a meeting with my company president and I performed beautifully and showed up all the other people I work with. It really doesn't matter how good I was right then and there because within five minutes of leaving work I was almost dead.

Okay update: I never went back to the doctor. The reason for this is that I wanted to give it at least 3 days. The doctor probably would have just said the same, to wait 3 days. I did have a high fever of 38,5 degrees celsius first day of antibiotic, second day I had around or slightly below

Short of ordering online have you considered using a hot glue gun to make a nice rounded tip in your silicone tubing? I have and the hot glue stays in very well and makes a very nice rounded tip.

Using aquarium tubing + a heat gun to round the ends seems to work fine for me. Use some lube + soap on the entire stent, but especially on the end going in first of course. The more I do it, the easier it gets... probably takes 30 seconds now to insert, after it's all prepped.

I've tried foley caths in the past and always had trouble with it moving around and that causing irritation. Silicone seemed a good idea, but since it's more rigid, turned out to be worse. But I recently had the best success to date. I used a hydrogel coated 16F, made three holes 4" from the balloon. Inserted it cleanly, pulled it tight, folded the end over and put a zip tie on, then cut off the rest. This made for very little sticking out and worked well for an evening on the couch watching TV.

While I had never made it through the night in the past due to irritation, I felt this might be the night. But while irritation wasn't an issue, I couldn't get good drainage at night. I mostly sleep on my stomach, but even on my back, I had to push to get flow. I had consumed lots of fluids, so more than once, awoke on my stomach with a series of spasms pushing urine out. It was intense, but also a bit enjoyable. Frustratingly, it didn't seem to amount to a lot of urine, so I wasn't much better off after.

I purchased one of the knobbly Siliconenozzles products but both firmnesses I've tried are too squirrelly to go in. It seems like I can get the first bulb in, but it just squirms out. I even tried putting a metal probe in through the drain tube and using the combination to try, but nothing I did could get more than the first bump inside.

I want to hear how some of their other products are working for others. I've never played much with sounds, though I have done some insertions over the years, including a "real" intermittent cath.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
I've tried foley caths in the past and always had trouble with it moving around and that causing irritation. Silicone seemed a good idea, but since it's more rigid, turned out to be worse. But I recently had the best success to date. I used a hydrogel coated 16F, made three holes 4" from the balloon. Inserted it cleanly, pulled it tight, folded the end over and put a zip tie on, then cut off the rest. This made for very little sticking out and worked well for an evening on the couch watching TV.

While I had never made it through the night in the past due to irritation, I felt this might be the night. But while irritation wasn't an issue, I couldn't get good drainage at night. I mostly sleep on my stomach, but even on my back, I had to push to get flow. I had consumed lots of fluids, so more than once, awoke on my stomach with a series of spasms pushing urine out. It was intense, but also a bit enjoyable. Frustratingly, it didn't seem to amount to a lot of urine, so I wasn't much better off after.

I've got a Duette 16fr in currently and it is working well. It's silicone so is more stiff, but the double balloon seems to be a key for me. Drainage at night seems to work mostly as expected. I ruined the first one tryign to cut holes by folding it over as suggested, because of the two balloons, there is a tube on either side. I had better luck just cutting where the blue line is.

On 11/1/2016 at 1:40 AM, abmichael said:

I've got a Duette 16fr in currently and it is working well. It's silicone so is more stiff, but the double balloon seems to be a key for me. Drainage at night seems to work mostly as expected. I ruined the first one tryign to cut holes by folding it over as suggested, because of the two balloons, there is a tube on either side. I had better luck just cutting where the blue line is.

• Like 1
On 10/9/2016 at 2:38 AM, abmichael said:

I've got one in again, only did one hole, I was thinking I should do one on each side, but with the two lines to the two balloons it's risky. At least for the one there is a blue line on the catheter I can use for reference. There are positions where it doesn't seem to drain which is frustrating but also somewhat more realistic in the sense that when I move to a different position there is no stopping it. The first night, I had several instances where the need to go would suddenly arise, followed by going without control which was cool, but that didn't last once things calmed down I guess.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have some problems catherizing, I thought you might help :)

It's become more frequent that I meet resistance while passing my sphincter. Urine flows out but I can't push the catheter all the way to the fork (I don't want to accidently inflate the balloon the in urethra). First time this happened I tried pushing anyway despite the resistance and I felt a sudden pain from the bladder (like as if I had poked it). Today it happened again and I tried pushing it in several times by withdrawing it slightly and pushing in again. Nothing seemed to work. I even pulled it out entirely and inserted it again. Same problem.