LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Effects Our Fetish Has On Climate Change

Hi, Everyone. Like many in recent years I have learned and researched the Global Climate Change that is presently ongoing in our ecosystem, and its causes, of which the main contributor is mankind. I am sure that everyone here knows the environmental facts about diapers, if not here they are; 30% of landfill waste is diapers, 35% of diapers are made from petroleum based chemicals,which do not biodegrade for centuries, and on and on it goes. And to those who see cloth as a "green" alternative, cloth diaper consume over 10,000 gallon of water per year for washing. This is something that should concern all of us deeply as citizens of Earth and contributors to global climate change, WE MUST figure out a way that OUR community can improve our carbon footprint. Thank You, I look forward to all of your thoughts and ideas on this topic. Please do not waste time and dispute climate change or its manmade origins as this is scientific FACT and should not take place under this post, Thank You.

• Like 3

Wow, Emily,

Before introducing yourself, you certainly present a load of alarming information.

From your screen name are we to assume you are a man of unknown age who has a fantasy as a big baby girl named Emily?

So far you have not provided us with any sources of the information you presented.

What percentage of the diapers going to landfills were used on infants, babies, toddlers and children under 5 years? What percentage of diapers in landfills were from incontinent people ranging in age from 5 years to very old? Do you have any way of knowing the number of diapers worn by people who are not incontinent but just wear diapers for fun?

Since you feel that both washable and disposable diapers are doing so much harm, what do you propose as an alternative?

Emily, as much as many of us want to welcome new members to Daily Diapers, when a stranger to our website makes a first post that is not an introduction and is filled with so much alarming material, the common reaction is that such a stranger has explaining to do.

• Like 5

I'm quite willing to consider alternatives. But, when people start demanding that things change- especially when saying all current options are bad- I like to let them come up with the first idea, to show that they're not just whining for the sake of it.

• Like 1

I'll go on the Panty raid... if I get wear panties too!

Bought energy efficient appliances, changed all my bulbs to CFL's and just spent a boatload of cash on insulated doors and windows... the diapers stay!

ok, can someone clear this up for me? when i was a kid and going to school, it was global warming, then my senior year in high school there was a question of global dimming which was cooling the earth, then now its just climate change? is that because they cant get their story straight? look, im not going to deny that there are global changes happening, but to blame it all on mankind is crazy. We may not be making the greatest impact on earth, but i personally believe that it is attributed to solar activity changes, which no matter what the condition of the ozone layer, will effect us. if you read the news or watch it, you may know that solar activity is at its highest in a long time. So if the sun is more active, and we are in direct contact with the sun, then i think we would feel the effects of the sun. I think we need to be good stewards of our planet, but realize this is out of our control anyway.

Also if those petroleum based products will break down eventually, then look at it as us doing our future generation a favor and providing them with fuel later on. Sorry i had to be silly :)

Nevertheless, parts of the disposable diapers we buy are made from petroleum such as the outside plastic and SAP, but I am not convinced diapers cause much climate change even if they sit in a landfill for years. Perhaps the energy required to produce the diapers produces some carbon dioxide depending on its source, but compared to cars, heating, and the energy requirements of your appliances, the amount of diapers our community uses does not even compare. I am sure in the future, the diaper manufactures might switch to plastics with lower glass transition temperatures so they biodegrade 200% faster (the strength of the plastic will likely be compromised so more material will have to be used with the new material, ironic isn't it), but that is up to them, not us.

I'll go on the Panty raid... if I get wear panties too!

Bought energy efficient appliances, changed all my bulbs to CFL's and just spent a boatload of cash on insulated doors and windows... the diapers stay!

**picks out a pretty pink pair for DD**

Mine don't get much use any more, so I can spare a pair.

I did hear once that cow farts/burp sare supposedly one of the biggest contributers to climate change. Do we need to get rid of cows?

This is sort of a non-starter. Things that are living on Earth work in a carbon balance. Animals (including humans) that exhale carbon dioxide and methane get their energy from plant life, which absorbs that carbon from the atmosphere. It's a zero-sum thing.

Fossil fuels, however, have been out of the balanced carbon cycle for many thousands of years. There is no natural offset to reabsorb the carbon that was previously sequestered in the ground, so we're putting it back into the atmosphere with sort of unknown results.

• Like 1

This is sort of a non-starter. Things that are living on Earth work in a carbon balance. Animals (including humans) that exhale carbon dioxide and methane get their energy from plant life, which absorbs that carbon from the atmosphere. It's a zero-sum thing.

Methane emissions from cattle and pigs are certainly not zero-sum. They are the largest single contributor of greenhouse gasses on the planet. Because we raise them the way we do, there are far more of them than the natural environment could typically support, and the fact that many forests have been clearcut for grazing land only compounds the problem.

Want to save the world? Pass up on that hamburger for lunch and grab a salad.

• Like 3

eh..... to the people that think Humans are the reason of climate change why dont you do your part and eliminate your carbons....

HOWEVER that does not mean we should just leave our trash to float down the river or just not recycle what we use.... there is a balance and we SHOULD be stewards to our world and do our part not to ruin it.... diapers do decompose really well with the sun light and we should seek every tool to not bury it in a landfill that does nothing but preserve the rufuse and ruin the land.... air,moisture,sun are all natural tools for decomp that landfills bypass.

wonders how many -1 i get.....hehe

• Like 2

I believe in climate change! It is called WEATHER! It was cold last week, it was hot the week before and it will rain tomorrow. If you believe in climate change or not, look at who pays for these studies. They support the views of the ones that pay them.

Sure, I agree we shouldn't be gross polluters but there is nothing on this earth that hasn't always been here for millions of years, in some form or other.

We can't kill the Earth but she can sure kill us. There will be a planet here long after our bones are dust.

Seek out Penn and Teller's Bullshit on the topic, it explains how these nuts got so extreme. ;) I love nature, and would hate to see it go, but first, nothing can destroy all life on the planet unless you actually reduce the planet to rubble. Secondly, every species alters the environment they are in, there are other life forms that evolve to counter this, we kill off the life forms that counter ours because the same people who whine about the changes think they are more dangerous, and we over populate.

if anything, the AB (and to a lesser extent DL) people are more beneficial, they allow people who want to be parents the pleasure to fulfil this need without actually producing more humans to alter the environment more. It's probably the most balanced "fetish" in our species because of this.

• Like 1
Guest gnappies

I think the total contribution to global warming (if you believe the BS) from the ab/dl community, is ummmmm, let me think, hang on a min,..............yep that's it NOTHING of any significance.

Next question.

• Like 1

Oh, and climate change is BS. It's natural fluctuations in the earth's temperature. Earth was once in an ice age... Not any more.

I am sorry, but that is wildly incorrect. If you actually look at the data, you will be able to tell how much of the climate change is due to natural sources such as volcanoes and how much is due to us. There is a significant difference between the projected average world temperatures if you only consider natural sources of climate change (we can actually determine the natural sources of green house gases and/or dust contamination in the past as well as the temperatures in the past and use that as a comparison) and if you consider both natural and artificial sources of climate change. My point is the average world temperature is increasing at a faster than natural rate. That study was published years ago so we can say without a doubt that their projections were correct. From a scientific standpoint, that article is not debatable. You can debate all you like about the implications of this, but that has nothing to do with the original article.

Certainly, a message of hope for those who choose to hear it, and a warning for those who do not.

Edit: This message puts diapers aside, because I still agree with timmyc and my previous post.

Ha! Asking members of a diaper fetish forum to give up their diapers?

Might as well ask the president if he can go on a panty raid with ya. IT AINT HAPPENING.

Maybe when Clinton was around, but not since.

• Like 1

Fukushima, Chernobyl, Deep Water Horizon, Valdez, pesticides, smoke stacks, millions of cars on the roads. Yea modern man has had a huge impact on the environment more damage has been done in the last 50 years, than the previous million. Not sure what diapers in a landfill has to do with anything though. We aren't talking garbage dumps in the woods, or garbage island in the Pacific. Modern landfills are designed to keep waste separate from the environment. Landfills and diapers have no bearing on the environment.

• Like 1