LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Fabine

Necros,

I completely agree with you; we should NOT judge the New Diaper before we try them.

I talked to them last night and they said they're planing on making another video to better show the difference between their diaper and the other major brands. Also, from what they told me, the outer cover of the first batch did have the secure plus panel but that it was a mistake in production. They are using the same sort of machines to create these diapers as secure (and bambino) but their making them to a whole new specification (crazy absorbency and thickness). They also said that in terms of dry thickness right out of the pack they are exactly as thick as Abena X-Plus. As for how they will fit compared to other brands we will just have to wait and see.

As for the price, like someone said here (don't remember who and I'm too lazy to go check lol), its like fine wine. You can't have everything at low price if you want that kind of quality (as for quality we'll just have to wait and see of course). If everything ends up being true i think it will justify the pricing and besides everything thats new always has a saltier price tag at first.

I suggest we wait and see while refraining from burning their new product before it even hits the shelves :P

Necros :smiley-baby-boy:

• Like 2

#1: Too pricey.

#2: Water Urine

Urine contains acids and salts which react to SAP in a completely different way. So unless you plan on sticking the garden hose down your diaper I don't see the point of testing in that manner.

They are using the same sort of machines to create these diapers as secure (and bambino) but their making them to a whole new specification (crazy absorbency and thickness). They also said that in terms of dry thickness right out of the pack they are exactly as thick as Abena X-Plus. As for how they will fit compared to other brands we will just have to wait and see.

So this will be similar in cut and sizing to Secure/Bambino. Just with extra fluff and no refastenable tape panel (the best feature of those diapers IMO).

Definitely not interested for that price.

• Like 3

So this will be similar in cut and sizing to Secure/Bambino. Just with extra fluff and no refastenable tape panel (the best feature of those diapers IMO).

Definitely not interested for that price.

I might ask them that question when i talk to them again. The price bashing is one thing (and i agree to an extent that its quite expensive) but why bash when you have no idea if it'll be worth it or not .. kind of a waste of time if you ask me.

Besides ... we always talk and talk about how it would be cool for companies to make products for this community and now we're really starting to get awesome products, and like all things there will be higher priced and higher quality items. I don't find it a reason to bash a product simply on the price specially when the product isn't even out.

EDIT: Patience and Maturity is the key here :)

EDIT2: Maturity as far as the adult diaper wearing world goes hihi~

EDIT3: Urine is 95% water .. just saying :ninja:

EDIT4: I just talked to them a few minutes ago and, from what they said, the fit will not be the same as Bambino or secure diapers. Completely different diapers, they are simply made in the same factory apparently. Now i swear i won't add anymore edits to this post ... :cookiemonster:

• Like 2

And sea water is average 96.5% water. But if you drink much it will still kill you.

When it comes to chemicals suspended in solution, a mere percentage point or two makes all the difference.

Indeed, i was merely remarking upon the statement that urine is not water :P

It was in good spirit and not meant to anger anyone :)

• Like 3

Asking for patience and maturity with a company that is known to lie, cheat, swindle, and ally themselves with the asscrack of the AB community (D-ker) to make a sale is asking for a lot. Just saying. They've pretty much used up their "benefit of the doubt" card 7 or 8 times over.

• Like 4

Asking for patience and maturity from a company that is known to lie, cheat, swindle, and ally themselves with the asscrack of the AB community (D-ker) to make a sale is asking for a lot. Just saying. They've pretty much used up their "benefit of the doubt" card 7 or 8 times over.

I'm not asking for people to like them, I'm just asking for people to wait and see the product before turning hell upside down :)

Again, patience and maturity ..

• Like 4

I'm not asking for people to like them, I'm just asking for people to wait and see the product before turning hell upside down :)

Again, patience and maturity ..

They've -started- the release of this product with a lie (it is an "original" product) and immediate backtrack.

If it's a good product, that's good! But they've already shown their loose attachment to the truth and openness once with this product alone. It will still be a "good product" from a company that you shouldn't be trusting any more than the next snake-oil salesman.

Edit: I've said what I came to say, here, so I'll leave this thread unless directly addressed. I'll continue to read, of course, but my intention is not to troll folks, so I'll stop responding unless you address me directly. :)

• Like 2

....Edit: I've said what I came to say, here, so I'll leave this thread unless directly addressed. I'll continue to read, of course, but my intention is not to troll folks, so I'll stop responding unless you address me directly. :)

No Leilin, you can't leave because we won't let you :roflmao:

I was harder on ABU in the past, but after Bambino's took so long with the "Teddies" and with the scandalous tape issues they had at the start, I've become somewhat less judgmental -_- Nobody is perfect :angel_not: but one's corporate reputation is important even when a market is as limited as ours is, and there's always room for improvement ;) We can judge the projected price and current advertising from here, but the product itself is still an unknown quantity :mellow: There is no real "standard" method for diaper testing, though baby diaper makers use a test fluid more like the composition of urine :) SAP's absorb urine differently than water, so testing with water doesn't give you a true idea of capacity or speed of absorbency :o Ir's not all that hard or expensive to replicate urine, and if a company really cared I think they would at least try a bit harder to be more realistic :glare:

Waiting to see how reality compares to the hype,

Bettypooh

People seem pretty harsh on ABU given that the Fabine is an unreleased product.

It's nice to see someone else throwing another product out there which will compete with Bambino for my purchases (currently there is none). I'm surprised ABU hasn't already hit this forum with a post showing pictures of comparative thickness, folded/worn appearance, etc. The level of PR they could get in their target market just by answering some simple questions here far exceeds what they're going to get by posting anything to their front page and leaving us to speculate. For instance, the Secure Plus landing tape is apparently not going to be there as what we've seen was a prototype. Is that also true for the blue color changing strip down the middle? (It's ruins the print somewhat in my opinion) They're advertising huge absorbency, which is understandable given the shortcomings of their other in-house brands; does that absorbency translate into greater thickness when dry or wet? How would it compare side by side with Abena and Bambino flagship products?

I didn't really care for the video, to be honest. The one that I viewed started with the diapers taped down and saturated - we didn't even see the brands as they were taped down. If any folks form ABU are reading this, here's a winning formula for your next video: Show them side by side, dry and folded on the table in the beginning. Do something to demonstrate their comparative thickness (put a book on top of them and a ruler between them, perhaps). Perhaps put them on a scale so we can see their comparative weights. Cut to a scene with them stretched out as in your current video, but dry; film the water being poured onto them so we can see how you're adding it. You're dryness examples are not of personal interest to me, but are probably worth keeping in. Showing comparative thicknesses while wet will be tough, so you get a pass on that one. Showing comparative weights while wet would verify that the same amount of water had been added to each.

For me, switching from Bambino to the higher price Fabines would require all of the strengths of the Bambino (absorption, comfort, design, thickness, customer service, etc.) to be more or less present plus something extra to justify the cost. The design is an example of something extra, and it has potential. Even if the landing tape is clear and the blue line doesn't run down the middle of the diaper, it still is not enough in and of itself to justify the price outside of the occasional token purchase. To truly get the majority of my business it would need to either be thicker than a bambino (or feel thicker) and/or have a one tape design similar to the Cushies. It does not appear to have the one tape design from the stills and videos, so a lot rests on the assumption that it will be thicker to justify the higher cost.

My interest is piqued though.

• Like 1

I will respond in a short fashion:

The product might be good. That would be awesome. I feel that people, especially new people, however, should be warned about the company's past actions, and more recent ones. If it is good, that's awesome!

• Like 1

Scandalous tape issue at Bambino - you mean something they legitimately thought people would like, were honest about it and what it was, it didn't work out - so they switched back? Thats not scandalous - thats trying something they thought would work and help and it didn't work out. Its not scandalous.

Scandalous is flat out lying about a product and its features and exaggerating the truth. That is scandalous which is what we have seen from ABU in the past unfortunately...Now, the diaper seems interesting none the less but you can't help but notice the huge price tag, their backtracking, and the fact that it holds however much it does which is basically unnecessary to begin with because nobody is going to urinate that much - and also, another tidbit - just because it can absorb a lot does not mean its "absorption speed" is good meaning if you are urinating fast - the diaper can't keep up with the absorption fast enough so it leaks out. There is more to a diaper than pure amount it can hold. Just putting in my 2 cents. The diaper looks cute but not willing to pay that price at all for something like that.

• Like 5

I will respond in a short fashion:

The product might be good. That would be awesome. I feel that people, especially new people, however, should be warned about the company's past actions, and more recent ones. If it is good, that's awesome!

Scandalous tape issue at Bambino - you mean something they legitimately thought people would like, were honest about it and what it was, it didn't work out - so they switched back? Thats not scandalous - thats trying something they thought would work and help and it didn't work out. Its not scandalous.

Scandalous is flat out lying about a product and its features and exaggerating the truth. That is scandalous which is what we have seen from ABU in the past unfortunately...Now, the diaper seems interesting none the less but you can't help but notice the huge price tag, their backtracking, and the fact that it holds however much it does which is basically unnecessary to begin with because nobody is going to urinate that much - and also, another tidbit - just because it can absorb a lot does not mean its "absorption speed" is good meaning if you are urinating fast - the diaper can't keep up with the absorption fast enough so it leaks out. There is more to a diaper than pure amount it can hold. Just putting in my 2 cents. The diaper looks cute but not willing to pay that price at all for something like that.

Hopefully their product is good and worth the money. Lets leave it at that shall we :)

• Like 1

I honestly can't think of any diaper that's worth $3 a piece especially from a company that is known to outright lie, stretch the truth and otherwise be dishonest in their marketing. Maybe they should rethink their price, and people would be a lot less skeptical. By pricing something so expensive (I'm guessing so they get a huge cut of the profit), it really cuts out a lot of their potential market.

So even if this diaper is super thick and amazing, which I somehow doubt, the cost makes it not worth it no matter what.

• Like 2

well the start up price does seem outrageous but they are making a HUGE effort to cater with baby resembling diapers which look way cuter than tedys. But so far Bambino has always been better than ABU in the Absorbency range. I will definitely give these a try, when they are in stock, no way I'm throwing away 300 dollars right now...

• Like 2

Look negative nellies, a premium product costs a premium price, you really are a bunch of babies.

How hard is Bambino/Classy Comfort trying? 2 designs in what, 5 years? Yeah, the prices are fucked, but they're taking a risk to make your AB wishes come true, so why do you all feel so burned? Just wait and wet your pants until the price drops.

• Like 2

Unfortunately we might not get the opportunity. If demand dictates price, but they price themselves too far out of the market to begin with and their product doesn't sell, they might just abandon the product before the price comes down to a reasonable level. Sure, they'll likely drop the price to sell off the product if sales are slow but if they can't find a happy middle ground soon it could be dead before it gets off the ground.

I have a good job and make good money and even I would have a problem paying that kind of price for a premium product. A few bucks more for a bag or a case....sure, but not fifty or a hundred more.

• Like 1

Look negative nellies, a premium product costs a premium price, you really are a bunch of babies.

How hard is Bambino/Classy Comfort trying? 2 designs in what, 5 years? Yeah, the prices are fucked, but they're taking a risk to make your AB wishes come true, so why do you all feel so burned? Just wait and wet your pants until the price drops.

Premium = Using somebody else's design and charging more for it?

Hey. I have a circa 1980 rolex ripoff. I'd like to sell it to you for 30 thousand dollars. Why say no? You're just being a negative nelly!

There's a difference between pointing out that an upcoming product is an obvious attempt to rip people off and swindle them out of their money and feeling "burned." "Burned" would be the people wasting their money on this product. "Laughing" would be those of us who know ABU for what it is and are making fun of the gullible folks who got talked into paying that much for a ripped-off design from a DEMONSTRATED, FACTUALLY crap, lying, second-rate company that somebody's calling "original" despite obvious evidence.

That is, of course, working under the assumption that we're not talking about the part of the posts that you didn't respond to: The part where we mention that if the product IS in fact good, that's cool, but it's still stupidly expensive.

• Like 4

Okay. I see everyone thinks that ABU is making these diapers. No. It's being made by a German company called BunteWindel. Their site (translated from German), http://tinyurl.com/4eaybyj, says that a pack of 10 is €17.95 + €6.90 for shipping, which is about $36 ($3.60 each). So if anything, ABU is selling them cheaper than directly ordering from the Buntewindel. ABU is just a distributor of this German product, so all this anger towards the price should be directed toward Buntewindel. Furthermore, since it is made by Buntewindel, all this talk about ABU always lying about what their products entail does not apply to the Fabine. If it doesn't absorb the most liquid, it's Buntewindel that lied about their product.

I, for one, have high hopes for this product and do hope that for the price of them, the guarantee is guarantee-able.

There is a review up from a lucky product tester, (translated from German again) http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.windelhauptstadt.de%2Farchives%2F1193

• Like 4

Cal: Those are VERY good points. Thank you for all of that clarification. :)

Has ABU given their shipping price yet? I've got no idea whether they ship these things for free or not, but that hasn't been factored into any prices that I've seen.

• Like 1

well the start up price does seem outrageous but they are making a HUGE effort....

U'mm, I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but reading what they said closely says otherwise- it seems that these diapers are basically already being made by a German firm and ABU is only having a few alterations made to them, then acting as an exclusive distributor for this style- at least that's how it reads to me -_- Thus there would actually be very few costs to ABU except for shipping, handling, and warehousing the stock :whistling: This is where the negative comments about cost are hiding at, even if they are selling something nobody else is- what price will you pay for exclusivity? :huh: Once again I'm not against making all the money you can make, but looking at ABU's past one could easily come to a conclusion that they seem to be taking as much advantage of as as they possibly can :o How you feel about that is up to you, but that's the impression I get and I'm obviously not alone in it ;) Since their cost is totally prohibitive to me (as are most premium diapers), I'll never do more that try a sample pack :mellow: I still think it best to withhold a full opinion until we see what ABU actually does and some members here actually try them- everyone deserves a fair chance and that includes ABU B) Right now we're only tilting at windmills and we cannot know anything for sure :fish_h4h:

Bettypooh

PS: It looks like someone else beat me to my points :blush: but I'll leave my repetitive post anyway :angel_not:

• Like 1

U'mm, I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but reading what they said closely says otherwise- it seems that these diapers are basically already being made by a German firm and ABU is only having a few alterations made to them, then acting as an exclusive distributor for this style- at least that's how it reads to me -_- Thus there would actually be very few costs to ABU except for shipping, handling, and warehousing the stock :whistling: This is where the negative comments about cost are hiding at, even if they are selling something nobody else is- what price will you pay for exclusivity? :huh: Once again I'm not against making all the money you can make, but looking at ABU's past one could easily come to a conclusion that they seem to be taking as much advantage of as as they possibly can :o How you feel about that is up to you, but that's the impression I get and I'm obviously not alone in it ;) Since their cost is totally prohibitive to me (as are most premium diapers), I'll never do more that try a sample pack :mellow: I still think it best to withhold a full opinion until we see what ABU actually does and some members here actually try them- everyone deserves a fair chance and that includes ABU B) Right now we're only tilting at windmills and we cannot know anything for sure :fish_h4h:

Bettypooh

PS: It looks like someone else beat me to my points :blush: but I'll leave my repetitive post anyway :angel_not:

I agree that waiting is merited. It just irks me when people are insulting those of us who are skeptical when ABU has given us EVERY REASON to be skeptical.

• Like 1

Okay. I see everyone thinks that ABU is making these diapers. No. It's being made by a German company called BunteWindel. Their site (translated from German), http://tinyurl.com/4eaybyj, says that a pack of 10 is €17.95 + €6.90 for shipping, which is about $36 ($3.60 each). So if anything, ABU is selling them cheaper than directly ordering from the Buntewindel. ABU is just a distributor of this German product, so all this anger towards the price should be directed toward Buntewindel. Furthermore, since it is made by Buntewindel, all this talk about ABU always lying about what their products entail does not apply to the Fabine. If it doesn't absorb the most liquid, it's Buntewindel that lied about their product.

I, for one, have high hopes for this product and do hope that for the price of them, the guarantee is guarantee-able.

There is a review up from a lucky product tester, (translated from German again) http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.windelhauptstadt.de%2Farchives%2F1193

Fair enough points, however if I read that review correctly the diaper only held up to 2.5kg before it hit capacity which is only 5.5lbs and the claims have been 9lbs. And of course he did mention that he normally wears larges so that probably had some effect but I have my doubts that its 3.5lbs of effect. So once again things looking fishy

• Like 1