LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Told My Mum

I finally did it... After debating with myself and talking to people on here for the last 6 months I decided to take the plunge and tell my Mum everything that I've been hiding for so many years!

My Mum being the totally awesome person she is accepted this side of me even though she doesn't understand it and I think is willing to try and learn about this side of me and understand it.

My Mum is so great and I want to thank her if she comes on here to learn... I LOVE YOU FOR ACCEPTING ME!

Glad it went well for you :thumbsup: Maybe our Mom's are related, mine was as accepting of my gender issues though I haven't divulged anything about being DL to her :angel_not: That's not in my plans, though I know she'd handle this every bit as well ;)

Kudos!

Bettypooh

That's great news.

When I was around 15 years old, I told my mom a little bit about my desires to test the fire sort of speak, but she did not understand or accept it. She told me to throw out all my diapers. I did, but then immediately bought some more later.

I have a really great relationship with my Mum.

I don't see this has a kink as much as a lifestyle choice. She understands this and told me as long I'm happy she is happy! Tonight I will b talking with her more about it as she wants to understand what it is all about.

I understand others want to hide this part of their life but for me and my Mum, I think we are both glad I shared it (especially as she told me she already knew I wore nappies... Now at least she knows I'm physically and emotionally OK!)

Guest Sasha

Good for you guys. My mom told me I was "sick and disgusting" and that part of her "died". Glad that you all had better luck (and better parents).

Today's todo list for Elfking:

See therapist RE: Mum issues

Move out of Mum's house.

Seriously, what ARE you doing? I'm glad your mum is OK with your choices, as not everyone's parents are, but I'm questioning your motives about all this. The way you write about telling your mom is kinda like how someone would write about telling their girlfriend or wife, or, in your case, I'm gonna say partner. "Yayyy, they're OK with the fact that I wear diapers. Now I've just gotta figure out how to get them to change me. ."

I think I can safely assume that you didn't tell her just to 'come out' -- there's clearly more behind this, your words alluded to it. Sounds sick, but, hey, it's your life. Care to divulge your master plan?

Good luck, m8.

• Like 1

Good for you guys. My mom told me I was "sick and disgusting" and that part of her "died". Glad that you all had better luck (and better parents).

I'm so happy for Elfking and sad for you, Rexxar. This just shows what a wide diversity there is among people who love us. And I don't believe it's the factor that some people talk about...'those who truly love you will accept you...' I think our loved ones will fall all along the spectrum of acceptance.

Several years ago, my wife and I watched a tv show on transvestism and she commented, "If I ever came home and found you in my underwear, that would be the end!" Last May she confronted me about wearing diapers and I 'fessed up - eventually about wearing panties and bras as well. She was devastated, I had to sleep in another bedroom for several nights, and she insisted I see a psychiatrist ('obviously' there was something severely wrong with me!). The up side is that I've been seeing the psychiatrist, he doesn't see much wrong with me wearing diapers and I've gotten to work on some stuff that is really important for me. My wife and I are beginning to work on our relationship finally AND just the other day as we talked, she asked if I'd been 'able to stay away from diapers.' Ooops.... I had to be honest and say no, I've been wearing again. She's not happy (not at all) but said she was foolish to think I could just stop wearing. So this is NOT acceptance, but it is a chink in her armor. She said she loves me too much to reject our marriage at this point...I said I know we'll have to 'resolve' the whole issue eventually (I do think she and I have different views on what 'resolve' will mean...)

The whole point of this story is not to shift away from either Elfking or Rexxar, but to point out an experience that is 'in between' the reactions each of them have faced.

As much as we have to accept that we will probably NOT be able to give up something that means as much to us as diapers, we also have to accept that our loved ones may or may not be able to handle the idea of us in diapers.

It is not as simple as whether they really love us or not (as least in my opinion.)

• Like 1

I'm really sorry Rexxar, some people just have a harder time dealing with this than others :(

Today's todo list for Elfking:

See therapist RE: Mum issues

Move out of Mum's house.

Seriously, what ARE you doing? I'm glad your mum is OK with your choices, as not everyone's parents are, but I'm questioning your motives about all this. The way you write about telling your mom is kinda like how someone would write about telling their girlfriend or wife, or, in your case, I'm gonna say partner. "Yayyy, they're OK with the fact that I wear diapers. Now I've just gotta figure out how to get them to change me. ."

I think I can safely assume that you didn't tell her just to 'come out' -- there's clearly more behind this, your words alluded to it. Sounds sick, but, hey, it's your life. Care to divulge your master plan?

Good luck, m8.

I think you are the sick one for reading too much into it... As for getting her to "change me" you must be warped in the mind if you could possibly think I'd want that!

I don't know what issues you have with your parents but for most of us we have a good relationship and to be accepted for who we are... Even the most "odd" parts of our personalities is a great feeling.

Now if you want to troll me again do so through PM's, or better yet :censored: off :thumbsup:

Thanks to the rest of you, if you have told someone I hope they have had a good reaction or if you planning on telling someone I wish you a lot of luck!

• Like 1

If I told me mum she would probably call me a perverted little weasel who liked kids and was going to hell. Sam for my dad. Religious zealots who hate alternative lifestyles. I am glad it went okay for you! If she asks is she can change your dirty diapers from now on, will you let her? Or did you just tell her to come out of the closet? If my mom offered to change my diapers every day, I would be so excited I would burst with tears and maybe a little semen.

Guest Sasha

If I told me mum she would probably call me a perverted little weasel who liked kids and was going to hell. Sam for my dad. Religious zealots who hate alternative lifestyles. I am glad it went okay for you! If she asks is she can change your dirty diapers from now on, will you let her? Or did you just tell her to come out of the closet? If my mom offered to change my diapers every day, I would be so excited I would burst with tears and maybe a little semen.

Uhhm...EWW! :wtf2:

• Like 1

Ive always found it odd when an adult actively seeks out parental acceptance. What are the motives for telling our parents? Is it because we are eager to be patted on the diapered butt and told words of affirmation for our choice in underwear/toilet. Would seem to me that it would cause quite some guilt leading the parent to feel that they messed up on some fundamental stage of child development. Acceptance starts within yourself first, then others can follow suit.

I've always stuck with keeping my desires for anything from the waist down with my significant other. But I suppose each to their own. Glad to hear it worked out for ya!

And seriously diaperbrownie, are you looking for negative feedback or were you just born with absolutely no social skills!?

• Like 1

:wtf2: in a word... NO! She won't ask that because she isn't stupid and I wouldn't accept because I'm not stupid

Think about that... You're talking about my mother changing me!!! :screwy:

I asked that I'd hoped she's understand, she does, happy days

i mean i'm totally glad she didn't fly off the handle at you...

but did you also tell her when you decided to wear boxers one day, or briefs the next? if its just underwear for you, is the reason for telling her so you can walk around in just your 'underwear' around her?

wearing diapers may be a PERSONAL lifestyle choice.... but unlike telling your parents you are say gay so you can bring your boyfriend home and have them treat you SO as an SO and not just a friend..... what exactly DOES one get out of telling their parenst they wear diapers... what is the motivation..... i mean I don't tell my parents, or my friends what type of underwear i prefer... because well... if your friendship is dependent on wearing a certain type of underwear thats not a real good friendship....

so agian glad she didn't fly off the handle, but her 'accepting' you is not going to get you self acceptance.. and remember. its now free game for her to talk to her sisters and brothers and mother, and aunts and uncles and cousins about it..... so be prepared for say you father or aunts or uncles or cousins to find out.....

she also will potentially tell her best friend.. a best friend who will then tell someone else...

I have a best friend who has kids.. and her kids may say "don't tell anyone..." but she may tell me... i don't treat her kids any different, but i KNOW...... so don't be suprised it at the next family and friends bbq someone says something.......

• Like 2

Ive always found it odd when an adult actively seeks out parental acceptance. What are the motives for telling our parents? Is it because we are eager to be patted on the diapered butt and told words of affirmation for our choice in underwear/toilet. Would seem to me that it would cause quite some guilt leading the parent to feel that they messed up on some fundamental stage of child development. Acceptance starts within yourself first, then others can follow suit.

I actually decided to tell my parents, because I was tired of living in fear of getting caught. I have no desires whatsoever to get my parents to diaper me or something like that. Unfortunately, my mother's first response when I told her briefly about my desires was "do you need to see a psychiatrist," so obviously I would have to continue living with that fear as long as I continued wearing diapers in my parents house.

I think it is important to note that I have a great relationship with my parents and though they may not of understood it, they cared enough to ask if I needed professional help in a non-confrontational manner. I did decline, because I had already come to terms with my desires, and we have never spoken about it since.

I'm just not sure what someone would hope to gain from telling them that you wear diapers. Even if they accept it, I don't see it as something someone needs to out themselves to others.

Only someone who is intimate with you really needs to know, unlike being transgender or gay, it is something that is generally not seen. If you have your own place, keeping your stash hidden shouldn't be a problem, along with wearing clothes that fit right with the extra padding makes it very unlikely anyone would know of your diapers.

If someone notices then you can confront the issue, but otherwise it is just underwear that isn't anyone's business.

I just see telling people about them as grasping for emotional acceptance from others. I have accepted them myself and so don't need acceptance from others and just don't see the advantage of telling anyone, except someone that you are intimate with.

Even if my mom was accepting, unless she found out like she did in the past through finding them, there just isn't a need to tell her of what underwear I choose to wear. Once I do move out and can wear freely, there isn't any reason she would know. I'm sure there will be times I don't wear when I am going to meet up with her and I am fine with it being that way. I will have plenty of time to freely wear them when I move out.

There are those that live it as a life style, but that is a whole different subject.

I'm just don't see the advantages of telling people, specially parents of their emotional need to wear diapers.

• Like 2

....Only someone who is intimate with you really needs to know, unlike being transgender or gay, it is something that is generally not seen. If you have your own place, keeping your stash hidden shouldn't be a problem, along with wearing clothes that fit right with the extra padding makes it very unlikely anyone would know of your diapers.

If someone notices then you can confront the issue, but otherwise it is just underwear that isn't anyone's business....

This :Crylol: and very much so B)

....I just see telling people about them as grasping for emotional acceptance from others....

That seems to be a motivational factor for many- especially younger people who still feel much peer pressure to fit into a world of someone else's standards :( Time teaches you that being different isn't necessarily bad, and that some things are best kept hidden, though not self-denied :angel_not: My strengths are in my differences compared to the rest of the world. Accepting these things as a part of me helps me deal with the differences in others :) Nice reply dl_ashlee!

Bettypooh

I have a difficult time understanding why some people feel that they have to tell others about their interest in diapers or AB/DL lifestyle. It is a very private matter. What does anyone think they will gain by "coming out?" Isn't it fulfilling to keep that behavior to yourself? I'd never tell anyone I know that I have infantilistic tendencies. It wouldn't go over very well since I've spent most of my adult life working with young children. People would automatically get the wrong idea about me (most people are skeptical of why a single man likes working with kids anyway). It has already been a major challenge to be accepted as a caregiver (being a man) and a confession like this would ruin my life. So why would anyone want others to know about such a lifestyle when the majority of people in society would be appalled by it? I think most people that claim to "accept" the confession are just doing it to pacify (no pun intended) the person. Notice that most of society is disgusted by regressive behavior; they all want their babies to grow up too fast because it's a lot of work to take care of them. Then they see adults wanting to "go back" and it freaks them out. And even the most naive person will be able to figure out that there's a sexual side to all of it making it seem even less acceptable.

I'm just not sure what someone would hope to gain from telling them that you wear diapers. Even if they accept it, I don't see it as something someone needs to out themselves to others.

Only someone who is intimate with you really needs to know, unlike being transgender or gay, it is something that is generally not seen. If you have your own place, keeping your stash hidden shouldn't be a problem, along with wearing clothes that fit right with the extra padding makes it very unlikely anyone would know of your diapers.

If someone notices then you can confront the issue, but otherwise it is just underwear that isn't anyone's business.

This is absolutely true. I learned that 'after' I told my parents, but like I said, 5 minutes after the discussion, it was as if I never told them anything.

(especially as she told me she already knew I wore nappies... Now at least she knows I'm physically and emotionally OK!)

I would normally have been with the "why tell her?" people on this because I'm pretty sure that most parents don't want to know about their kid's weirder quirks....

...But, I think the fact that she not only already knew about part of it but felt confused/concerned/scared/interested (delete as applicable) enough to tell you that she knew about it changes things a bit. By asking you about it, she can't then later turn around and say she didn't want to know so it comes down to a personal choice for you as to what you tell her or don't. If you have a relationship with your mother that's open enough to handle the truth, fair enough :)

This is close to my folks' views on the subject, but without the "part of me has died" thing, and more of a "if you keep this up while you're under our roof, you might die" tone to it... Also, I didn't tell them. My mom was snooping around my room and found them. I had to wait another 5 years, until I was on my own to start wearing diapers again.