LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It depends on how strongly she identifies as female. Some trans people do identify as genderqueer or gender fluid, in which case they might prefer gender neutral pronouns, or switch between male and female, but it's extremely offensive to refer to trans people as a gender they don't identify as. While I'd say there's a higher proportion of genderqueer trans people relative to the general population, they're still in the minority. I realize this might be a more complicated answer than you were looking for, but as a general rule you should always refer to someone who identifies as a woman as a woman.

It depends on how strongly she identifies as female. Some trans people do identify as genderqueer or gender fluid, in which case they might prefer gender neutral pronouns, or switch between male and female, but it's extremely offensive to refer to trans people as a gender they don't identify as. While I'd say there's a higher proportion of genderqueer trans people relative to the general population, they're still in the minority. I realize this might be a more complicated answer than you were looking for, but as a general rule you should always refer to someone who identifies as a woman as a woman.

This, although my post above was shortened to just the bold bit. I'm glad not everyone is as lazy as I am sometimes in composing a response.

~ moogle

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having some thought about describing my T-girl character, and in writing, is it best to just see them as a woman, or to sometimes point out more masculine features?

I make small reference to them, but aside from that, she's more or less a girl with male genitals, and I seem to be writing as such. I'm afraid it'll end up 'overly perfect'.

I've been having some thought about describing my T-girl character, and in writing, is it best to just see them as a woman, or to sometimes point out more masculine features?

I make small reference to them, but aside from that, she's more or less a girl with male genitals, and I seem to be writing as such. I'm afraid it'll end up 'overly perfect'.

According to the Associated Press 'stylebook'- which recommends the correct word usage for any situation a reporter might encounter- gender pronouns should match the appearance and actions of the person being covered ;) And if there is any question the reporter is supposed to ask the person and follow what they say B) Some situations can be a bit of a problem, such as with part-time crossdressed males. For those times when they appear male, use male terms. When they appear female, that terminology might be more appropriate ;) Just be consistent in your word application and don't switch back and forth genders too much ^_^ Since you're creating this character you can make the person fit the terminology better if there is any ambiguity.

Bettypooh

Sorry, I don't mean gender pronouns, I mean physical descriptions.

I'm practically just writing as though she's a girl with a dick, and I'm not sure if that's emphasising the feminine TOO much.

It's your character so portray them as you wish :D

There are people of every kind in this world and I've met a lot of different ones- including, as you say 'girls with dicks'. Transpeople usually live as and do as their preferred gender does. This includes the physical side of life, including body shape, physical ability, career choices- everything. Thus, to be most realistic and more closely aligned with what usually happens, your character may have male genitals but would not otherwise appear or act male B) Outside of medical problems or sexual encounters the penis wouldn't be seen or known so as to not become 'outed'. TBH. more real-life TS women are pre-op rather than post-op; after all the cheapest decent MTF surgery is now about $18K and a total surgical package including facial procedures can go to $200K with the more expensive doctors. Plus it takes time. Each surgery has recovery time; facial surgeries sometimes leave you looking like you were half beaten to death and the visible bruises last a month or more. As fast as it can possibly go, a full set of all surgeries takes at least 12-18 months for someone in perfect health :o Not many of us can manage that :crybaby: Even spread out over time it takes everything you can earn and you're never really 'finished' - there is always room for improvement and girls will spend a lot on their appearance as I'm sure you already know :blush:

Whether you are known as TS or not has a bearing here too, Even with one's personal vanity taken into account there is only so much you can get done without people becoming suspicious, so often a 'stealth TS' going through this 'stage' moves to another city after each major surgery where nobody will know that their appearance has vastly changed :rolleyes: That has an adverse impact on income. Because of the high cost, many T-girls skip the bottom surgery to get the rest and live that way, only their doctor and sexual partners would have the first clue that the person in front of them was ever anything other than all woman from the start :D It's a personal decision about which means the most to you (and more often how much money you don't have)- the question becomes whether you become physically female and not yet look it, or do you look it with the rest unseen and thus unknown? :(

One lesser known aspect of transition (well at least to the non-TG world) is that strong hormone therapy almost always shrinks 'little willie' considerably and leaves him non-functional sexually :mellow: The pics you see online that show 'chicks with dicks' and a full erection are of TG's that are taking very low HRT doses- most of us need (and especially want :angel_not: ) the highest doses we can live through. Those high doses can be fatal but it's worth the risk to us. My personal viewpoint (being largely asexual anyway) is that we spend only a tiny part of our time actually screwing, so while it's nice to have, the bottom surgery should be the last surgery. I am in the minority in that opinion- most TS women make GRS one of their top priorities out of psychological need. Few actually prefer to have a female body with male genitals, and that is most often when they are young and more naturally pretty. For a girl, time is your worst enemy :rant: and it's a fight you know you have to lose but you can fight it as much as you can- so you do :boxing:

I hope you now have a better understanding that yes, a TS woman can be all woman to the world even without bottom surgery- there cannot be too much femininity, though the lesser is possible. I hope more Transfolk will chime in here to let you see the lesser-seen side of life which we have to see and live to be our real selves.

Bettypooh

I hope as much too.

Thing is, I don't want to accidentally write something that, even if it's pleasing to me, upsets an actual TG due to a lack of realism - and there's my first hurdle. The TG in question in the story is a university girl, and still has some convincing face and body work done.

Or am I just making a mountain of a molehill and I should just go for it?