LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pacifiers

Mark0307

So, for the last few months I've been trying to sleep with a pacifier (it's a Pampers brand baby pacifier), to no avail. Just seemed like no matter what, I could never fall alseep with it, or I'd come close only to give up and just take it out. Last night, however, I finally fell asleep with it, but woke up a few hours later to find that my teeth hurt from it, so I took it out and went back to sleep. Is that normal?

Guest little_jonny

from what i heard sleeping with a pacifire in your mouth all night can mess up your teeth. i think since it was the first time sleeping with it, your mouth just isnt use it to it

I've sucked on a pacifier all night several times. It would probably take continued, long term use to mess with your teeth, though caution is a good thing.

When used overnight or for long periods during the day, my mouth will get a little sore - so take it out! I'd just say to use some common sense. I love my paci, but I wouldn't keep it in for long, long periods of time and wouldn't suck on it hard for extended time either.

I sleep with mine all the time, and usually have it in my mouth from the time I come home from work until I leave again in the morning. So far, after three years of constant use, it hasn't bothered my teeth. I go to the dentist at regular intervals.

I suck on my pacifier for a while and leave it overnight it actually started to straighten my teeth a little bit. I did have braces but was too lazy wearing the retainer. So after a month they went to be crooked but like I said it straightened my teeth a bit. I as well go to the dentist regularly and haven't been asked questions.

About 2-3 days ago I had my binky in pretty much 24hrs straight, I havent noticed it fucking up or un-fucking up my teeth--the cheap-ass orthodontist did that himself. After he told me to leave the retainer in 24/7 and then didn't see me for 6mos my mouth ended up being very soft to the touch and couldn't eat solid foods for a week when the bastard took the thing away cold turkey.

A paci for me every night,no issue with teeth,and I have the best. Great for sleeping!!!

Playtex did away with the largest on the matket.They offered two styles,ortho and just like mommy.

I use both.I have a great collection that should last me for awhile.

You can find them once and a blue moon on e bay but they are up in price but worth it. The new ones are much smaller.

post-18526-0-31930400-1298211155_thumb.j

post-18526-0-31930400-1298211155_thumb.j

perhaps try one made for adults you can find them several places. They say sleeping with one can stop snoring. But like others have said i would not do it all the time every night. On the other hand... it makes sense that it would mess up babies and toddlers teeth a lot more than an adult as their teeth are still growing.

Well,well dis wittle baby girl,has been sleeping with a real baby pacifiers

since 9 years old.I am now 25,and have never had any teeth or other oral

concerns.Since I was put back into diapers at night by my mommy,I also sleep

with my pacifier,while diapered at night!!It is just another security feature

for me,like my diapers are!!:girl_baby: :girl_baby::girl_baby::baby_bottle: :baby_bottle::baby: :baby:

I've found that the Nuk5's from Germany are the most reliably soothing. I can't sleep at night without my binky... I'll wake up and it will be out of my mouth though. It's nothing bad, just after I go to sleep, it's not needed and just falls out.

Also, I'm a terrible snoring machine without it. My binky completely stops the snoring all together.

Guest Baby Tiana

I have a Nuk 5 and love it! Planning on getting another one someday! I like the ones from Pacifiers R Us! They have a wonderful selection and I personally love the idea of the glow in the dark pacifier :P lol. I've heard that their care bear ones are great! I have a soft guard one and love it! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Nuk 5 and love it! Planning on getting another one someday! I like the ones from Pacifiers R Us! They have a wonderful selection and I personally love the idea of the glow in the dark pacifier :P lol. I've heard that their care bear ones are great! I have a soft guard one and love it! :)

I LOVE their pacifiers too!! I have a pink care bear one and I LOVE it!! It is wonderful!!! My mouth never hurts at all and the only problem I have is I get sleepy with it in my mouth LOL!! :roflmao:

• 2 months later...

I love my paci's too, have a few of the nuke medic pro's. I am a life long thumb sucker, now 40.. ick. and along the way have actually had a few doctors suggest I use a pacifier and that it would be better on my teeth <an orthopedic one> then my thumb. The rubber has more give then the bones in your fingers. Strangely, even with having my thumb in my mouth all my life, I still get comments about how nice my teeth are. I often wonder if the bad remarks were based on fact, or just some old people not liking to see people with their thumbs in their mouths.

I sleep with a pacifier occasionally and if I've been doing it for a few days I typically wake up with it still in. I have a NUK 5. One of my friends is a dental assistant who knows about my need to be comforted by it and about the diapers too. It's not a fetish to me, and she knows that. But the weird thing is that she works at the office I go to...awkward at times. Anyways I asked her one time if the pacifier would ruin my teeth and she told me it really wouldn't. They only warn parents of younger children because their bones are still shifting around but if they continue to use, and the bones have finally began to set, they will set wrongly because of the over use of the pacifier. However it doesn't effect adults because our bones in the mouth had already set.... So that definitely eased my worry. Although I do try to limit my use just because I'm paranoid. :P Hope that helps anyone. I guess it's good to have a friend in the dental field. :P

I have used paci's for years. My fav was the original Playtex that are no longer made in that size

.Recently I purchased some used ones off e-bay to try some differnt styles. The one I am now using is a MAM. WOW what a great sleep.

I was a thumbsucker till I was 13,so now I am a fulltime pacifier baby.

Just would be nice if you could get a nuke 5 with a larger mouth guard. Where the top part stops is right on the lip and it should be closer to the nose. The current models just don't feel like they really FIT if you know what I mean.

i am just going to have to order a nuk 5.. i have a couple of the 18 month plus ones.. but they are definitely not big enough they are not that comfortable in my mouth - can't wait to get a nice pacifier that fits snugly.. probably feels just as good as finally putting on a diaper that fits snugly.. can't wait! :)

I really find that the best pacifier to fall asleep in and feel comfortable in is a MAMs pacifier. Even over a NUK 5. You can find them for $3-4 for a 2-pack at Walmart, Target, etc. Might consider giving them a try.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I really find that the best pacifier to fall asleep in and feel comfortable in is a MAMs pacifier. Even over a NUK 5. You can find them for $3-4 for a 2-pack at Walmart, Target, etc. Might consider giving them a try.

I have to agree with you on this 100%. I just a 2-pack of the MAM's ones the other day, & wow, am I enjoying them!

Rockies Fan.