LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Some Help?

BabyTara

I quess this would be the best place to post this...

Basically my problem is that I can't keep my binky in when I sleep. I can't afford one of those adorable Binky Gags, so I need some help designing something DIRT CHEAP and comfortable that will do the same thing. I sleep with my mouth open (that's why it won't stay in) and sometimes breathe through my mouth, so I need the air holes to remain functional.

I use MAM:

post-23020-0-03226900-1297455503_thumb.j

post-23020-0-03226900-1297455503_thumb.j

You do realize that many infants may start out sucking on a pacifier when the first go to bed, but it ends up out of their mouth - falls out or is spit out - soon after they fall asleep, especially the older they get, and more nurse for nurishment, than just to satisfy the sucking urge?

Basically my problem is that I can't keep my binky in when I sleep. I can't afford one of those adorable Binky Gags, so I need some help designing something DIRT CHEAP and comfortable that will do the same thing. I sleep with my mouth open (that's why it won't stay in) and sometimes breathe through my mouth, so I need the air holes to remain functional.

I use MAM:

Then get you some butcher's twine, and tie a piece through one vent on either side. On the far end of the twine, any sort of rubber band or elastic glasses holder will do, it goes behind your head. But I guess i'd just let the thing fall out if I was sleeping.

Do take care of your teeth.

I had a strip of velcro about an inch wide and sewed an end of one side to the vent hole on one side and the other side of velcro to the other vent hole. Any arrangement like this is apt to slide and will not guarantee the pacifier will stay in no matter what, but it will keep it in with normal wear.

Others who've posted - the warnings are fine, but she did ask a question! (Yes, you do need to be careful about your teeth, but for use once in a while I don't think there is incredible risk. Yes, do be careful.)

• 3 weeks later...

go to walmart in the craft secion they sell 'lace' by they yard... usually for less than $2 a yard, and you would not need that much, then for like $3 you can get the stick velcro.... get some of that, it will scunch up to fit through the large hole on the pass, pull it thru and you can glue that secure, then on the other side, pull it thru and use the velcro to tightening it.... they have all different colors of lace and widths....

To seriously be pacifier trained, the jaw has to be kept in a closed position. Hence the reason why the pacifier doesn't stay in when asleep. There is a special CPAP mask holder that is sold on the web. This is a head harness sort of multi elastic strap unit with velcro strap ends to adjust for the proper head size etc. The pacifier is attached to one of these elastic straps which pass through the large plastic hinged handle. This positions the pacifier in the proper height position for the mouth and exerts some inward pressure in to the mouth cavity . The other straps of the head harness are then adjusted to snug across and behind the head plus an additional strap which loops from the top of the head around the bottom of the chin. With all snug and in place, the pacifier will remain in the mouth during sleep even if the mouth opens for air. When properly adjusted it will do the job and if used regularly will retrain the mouth to accept the pacifier on a regular basis. The head harness I believe runs about $ 20-25.00 plus shipping. It can be found by doing a google search under CPAP accessories. Any more questions? Write me.

Alli

• 3 weeks later...

I use MAM:

Use Duck tape :smiley-baby-boy: