LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shapewear And Diapers

Jen Harris

Another simplish question. If I'm wearing a thickish diaper out, I want to minimize bulges. Wearing baggy clothes is a given, but I'm wondering if shapewear, like control top pantyhose or spanx, can reduce the appearance of any unsightly bulges. Has anyone tried this?

Sorry if I'm starting too many threads... my diaper lifestyle has changed to one where I wear at work And try to keep my gf from knowing, so i'm still tryig to find the best ways to do it

• Like 1

Shape wear as its design, tends to smooth out bulges etc to give curved lines around ones body, and will disguise a diaper. However, due to the way shape wear works, it will compress the diaper onto your skin, and as a result, reduce the diapers effectiveness at absorbing liquid. The SAP and the padding needs some space to work, but the shape wear tends to remove this space. Also, the messy content tends to be spread over the complete area of the diaper requiring clean-up with a shower/bath rather than with wipes alone.

I have tried shape wear as a means of concealment, but ended up with a badly leaking wet and messy diaper (down legs and up the back). These garments conceal the diaper, but also eliminate the diapers ability to act as a diaper.

• Like 3

I have tried shape wear as a means of concealment, but ended up with a badly leaking wet and messy diaper (down legs and up the back). These garments conceal the diaper, but also eliminate the diapers ability to act as a diaper.

I disagree that shape wear will compress a diaper to negative effect. Perhaps you are choosing your shape wear to tight? I wear a shape wear all the time to both help conceal the budge and to hold a pull up in place when filled to capacity. Oh and the spandex feels great too. Skip the white and go with beige or black. The white yellows too quickly if you do have a small leak.

I’m a 34

• Like 1

I disagree that shape wear will compress a diaper to negative effect. Perhaps you are choosing your shape wear to tight? I wear a shape wear all the time to both help conceal the budge and to hold a pull up in place when filled to capacity. Oh and the spandex feels great too. Skip the white and go with beige or black. The white yellows too quickly if you do have a small leak.

I’m a 34

Wearing any tight garment over a diaper reduces it's ability to function properly :( According to your needs, this may or may not be a problem ;)

With the cheap pull-ups I wear, I've noticed their capacity is about half when I wear panties over them compared to my usual wearing of looser plastic panties :huh: These are cloth-backed and with nothing over them they wick through the backing when only partially wet. With panties this is exacerbated :glare: but they do smooth out the profile well, so sometimes I wear that way :rolleyes: With looser clothing nobody has ever noticed my diapered condition- even without panties over them- so I think it's more a problem of the wearer worrying than of other people noticing :angel_not: Shapewear being tighter than my panties, I think you're more likely to get outed from leaks than bulges. Really, people don't pay enough attention to you to notice a discreetly worn diaper B) You're going to see what they don't because you are more familiar with your shape and because you're looking for a diaper- they aren't :thumbsup: Better some minor bulges than leaks!

Bettypooh

When i go out in public i always wear a panty girdle if i am wearing a diaper !.It might be a bit too tight because i do find that i will leak much easier than if i am not wearing any consticting garments .I just make sure if i do pee i control it as much as possible so i don't leak ! :thumbsup:

I wear a light control brief, Walmart has them for around 3 dollars. I use them with pull-ups and will wear them for a full shift at work. They work really well and I think the pull-up holds just as much.

B) You're going to see what they don't because you are more familiar with your shape and because you're looking for a diaper- they aren't :thumbsup: Better some minor bulges than leaks!

Bettypooh

Most will just think seeing a bulge you have put a few pounds on. But seeing a leak they know something more is up.

And try to keep my gf from knowing

I know I shouldn't pick apart the little things but keeping it from your gf will only end in disaster. But then again its your life. Most significant others can tell if you are wearing a diaper because they look at your body all the time. And you are in confined spaces with them and they will hear it. Just a thought.... :whistling:

I wear a light control brief, Walmart has them for around 3 dollars. I use them with pull-ups and will wear them for a full shift at work. They work really well and I think the pull-up holds just as much.

Plus one on the Walmart stuff. cheep and works fine for this need.

I know I shouldn't pick apart the little things but keeping it from your gf will only end in disaster. But then again its your life. Most significant others can tell if you are wearing a diaper because they look at your body all the time. And you are in confined spaces with them and they will hear it. Just a thought.... :whistling:

The situation with my gf is complex, but yes, I've decided I won't wear around her generally... the situations where she's most likely to find a diaper are generally the situations I least want one, so. I'm more concerned about public... or work... which is my best time to wear.

• 3 weeks later...

I find the best for me to help hide, but keep that extra room that is needed are biking type spandex shorts, the ones without the padding. Get some that would be to big for you without a diaper though. I also sometimes wear women's nylon/spandex panties, not really the control type, just regular ones there are also a bit to big.

Generally the biggest worry I have is not the bulge, but to make sure if my shirt lifts up the diaper is hidden.

Wear a size to big of pants as this is the biggest part of hiding your diaper. Make sure that if you are wearing them without a diaper your thighs would rub together as the crotch is hanging to low, but with a thick Molicare Super Plus or Abena XPlus or Dry 24/7 it won't be a problem and you have room for the diaper to expand when it is wet.

Oh and another tip is you want some room between the diaper and your privates, when it starts to expand if there isn't then you have problems both with leaks and comfort wise.

I use shapeware to help cover some of the diaper bulge of the Abena X-Plus with a Pamper size 6 baby diaper doubler I enjoy wearing out in public. As this diaper combination get wet, it starts to sag, and the shapeware panty helps with the sagging like a onesie. I usually purchase these panties at Kmart in size 2X, mostly in white, but I have some in pink. When wetting my diaper I don't flood it, I'll let it out in short spurts to give the diaper a chance to absorbe the liquid. I have been using shapeware panties, with plastic pants over them, for several years now. They work well for me without any leakage issues, and no one has ever asked me if I was wearing a dipaer. This is just my 2 cents on this question.

• 2 weeks later...

Shapewear (AKA girdles, I am old fashioned) are another one of my turn-ons. I have worn shapeware over my AbriFlex pullups (sometimes with stuffers) to keep from sagging. They seem to stop leghole leaks by keeping th pullup tight. I would dearly love out wth a date in public with both of us wearing diapers and shapewear. Who would soak themself first? Fun to think about.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried many things including "control panties" and bike shorts. Now sewing my own onesie, not bad for first design, nothing professional.

I do find an M4 or Molicare tends to sag more than I wish. But I on the other hand rarely wear at work, I keep this part of my life separate from my job, I work in a small industry and this could cause me problems. '

To those ready to scream OPENNESS, help yourself and try not not to embarrass the rest of us.

Sorry to sound rude, been there done that, got the tee shirt.

It doesn't really reduce bulges for me, but it just creates a nice curve.

When I do drag, thanks to my diaper I only have pad my side. I never have to pad my butt.

I wound up wearing pantyhose for a few days for a minor improvement... But I haven't worn them in a couple weeks, and at least with my loose fitting jeans, nobody at work never said or did anything - even with diapers like Active Ultra Plus and M4s. In fact I had a bad habit of wetting them until they leaked a little - so thick I felt I couldn't walk normally - and nothing. Having jeans that were naturally dark, wet spots that were hard to see in contrast, and having generally loose jeans helped.

• 6 years later...

I wear thick cloth diapers with plastic panties all the time. Sometimes the Bulge is too much for the clothing so I resort to wearing shapewear. I like wearing the long leg high-waisted panty girdle. It covers the diaper while it created a bulge above the waistband of the girdle. The bulge was between the waistband and my bra. Then it was suggested I go to a Longline bra. I helped me a great deal and eliminated the bulge lines. I don't have any leaks and it gave me a nice flat midsection and eliminated the bulge of the diaper. In addition it made my boobs bigger and the support of the Longline bra has helped make them show up more. So now no one asked about the diaper, unless I have a load in it. But I feel it's a good trade-off no one notices the diaper but they sure do notice the large breasts.

I'm reminded of something I saw about 40 years or so ago.  I was driving through the parking lot of a K-Mart store with my dad looking for a parking space.  In front of me was a lighter skinned black woman walking towards the store.  I blinked and couldn't believe what I was seeing!  I looked at my dad and said, "Look!  That woman is half naked!"  My dad looked and said, "I think your right!"  As we got real close we could tell that she was actually wearing form fitting stretch pants that were the exact light brown color of her skin!  We had to get very close to be able to see she had pants on, it was that shocking.  Please don't think I am racial here as I have many good and close personal black friends, and it could easily have been a white woman with pants on the same color of her skin too, but I always think back to that woman whenever someone speaks about form fitting or stretch pants.

This morning I got my diaper changed and my wife put me in a nice thick cloth diapers and plastic panties. Then she helped me put on my long line bra. Now I need you to pull up your long leg panty girdle to go over your diaper. While I was bending over to pull up my girdle did a load in my diaper. I noticed I pooped when I got the girdle half way up my legs. My wife's all my face and she said what did you do? I said I think I just did a load in my pants. She told me to turn around and to let her check it. Upon her inspection she said yes you did. And she says I don't have time to change you now. So you're going to have to wear it in your diaper. Then she told me to bend over and started to rub my load the flattening out inside the diaper. When she got it spread out enough she helped me pull up my long leg panty girdle over the dirty diaper. The girdle kept it in place and the load didn't move around much inside the diaper. I put on my socks, pulled up my jeans and put on my shirt. The girdle kept it tight against my butt and it didn't bother me to have it in my pants. It was nice being all clean and having a fresh load in my diaper. I didn't have much of a choice but to go in my pants. I stayed in it so long I forgot I had it in my pants. The shapewear kept everything in place and diaper never saged . I'm starting to wear my shapewear more and more everyday over the diaper.