1. 1. Which Diaper do you prefer?

• Attends Waistband
    • Attends Extended Wear
    • Abena Abri-form Xplus
    • Tranquility ATN
    • Molicare SuperPlus Brief
    • Unique WellnessBriefs
    • Cushies/Dri-kids

I have been an active DL for about 5-7 years now, but only recently have I taken the time to really explore and find a diaper that I really like. As such, I thought others might find my results helpful. This is just a review of the AB Universe variety pack, which although is not comprehensive, still provides a good selection of options.

Attends Waistband: This diaper is white, has a really good crinkle feel associated with it and very nice elastic leg cuffs that are excellent at preventing leaks. However, the stuffing moves around once wet and will sink down to the middle of the diaper causing a bulk build up at the butt leaving a plastic pants feels around the front where the stuffing once was. After some time a wet diaper will fall apart, as such I suggest this diaper for fun dry play do to crinkle and cuffs, but I don't recommend this for vigorous wet play. Overall rating 3 out of 10.

Attends Extended Wear: This diaper has a clothe-like cover, it is easy to fasten and refasten the tabs but the stuffing will move when wet. This is a very quite diaper due to the cloth like cover, however it did leak after two mild wetting. It seems that the cloth cover is more prone to seepage through the cover. I give this one a 2 out of 10 just because I did not it to be that overall comfortable.

Abena Abri-form Xplus: A very nice bulky and soft diaper with a plastic cover. Fits very well, and is able to hold up well after several wettings. Not really any down sides that I found other than its a tab on tab fastener, so although it is refasten-able, its not that easy to refasten. 7 out of 10.

Tranquility ATN: I was really curious about this one as there has been much hype about it on the forums. It has a mild crinkle, excellent odor control, and held 3 wettings. The stuffing will move just like the attends waistband. The only thing I did not like was the tabs, I did not find them to be easy to refastenable as such I give it an overall 4 out of 10.

Molicare SuperPlus Brief: A purple plastic covered, soft and comfortable diaper. Held two wettings without and leaks, the stuffing does move when wet. Again the main downfall is the refastenability, not that great and so I give a 5 out of 10.

Unique WellnessBriefs: A green plastic covered, soft and comfortable diaper. Held 3 to 4 wettings without and leaks, the stuffing does move when wet. Again the main downfall is the refastenability, but the stuffing moving is why I give a 6 out of 10.

Cushies/Dri-kids: they are the same diaper but with different prints. They have a good crinkle, the stuffing holds up well when wet even after 3. there was a small leak after the 3rd, but I feel that's reasonable. They have one large tab and they have a runway tape on the front making refastenability very easy. I found them to be very comfortable. The only down fall that I found comes from the prints they come in. As such I give them an 8 out of 10.

Boosters: I really did not know what to think about the boosters until i tried them for myself, and I must say, I approve, they add both bulk and at least one more wetting to any diaper. However not all diapers are wide enough to hold the big ones. but overall I would give them a 9 out 10.

Well this has been the rantings of a DL with slight AB tendencies. I hope it helps anyone who might be curious. I actually enjoyed testing them all out, I ordered several packs just to relive the experiences.

Was it just that you didn't care for the prints on the Cushies and SDK's, or that you would have preferred no prints at all?

As I'm awaiting a shipment of SDK's, and I've heard much about the absorbancy (or lack thereof) of the ABU house brands, how would you rank the respective samples?

I think I can safely assume X-Plus to be #1 on that list, but the rest is what makes me curious.

well im more of a DL than AB, so the kid prints don't really appeal to me, although the cushie is a very colorful diaper and i can respect it for that fact alone. If there was a no print option, i would most likely only wear the AB brand diapers. Of all the diapers, the cushies are one of the better as far as the absorbency goes, as you will soon find out. It really all depends on what you are looking to get out of the diaper, each one of them is good for something.

What other stuff makes you curious? Maybe i could clarify for you.

well im more of a DL than AB, so the kid prints don't really appeal to me, although the cushie is a very colorful diaper and i can respect it for that fact alone. If there was a no print option, i would most likely only wear the AB brand diapers. Of all the diapers, the cushies are one of the better as far as the absorbency goes, as you will soon find out. It really all depends on what you are looking to get out of the diaper, each one of them is good for something.

What other stuff makes you curious? Maybe i could clarify for you.

No - how you would have ranked the rest was my curiosity - particularly since Molicares were in that list, which are purportedly a more rugged unit than the ABU stuff.

Personally, neither I nor my wife are looking to wear the same diaper all day long, unlike a lot of folk who bash on ABU, so if it can hold one good flood, I'm satisfied.

This was just a personal ranking system that was based on how well a diaper holds up over time, how the stuffing holds up to wettings, not just the absorbency. The thickness of the diaper when its dry, but to me how well a the tabs hold up to refastening without tearing the diaper up is what makes or breaks it for me. Higher ranking diapers had good tabs/made up for a lack of it in other ways. That's why I gave the cushie such a high rank.

This was just a personal ranking system that was based on how well a diaper holds up over time, how the stuffing holds up to wettings, not just the absorbency. The thickness of the diaper when its dry, but to me how well a the tabs hold up to refastening without tearing the diaper up is what makes or breaks it for me. Higher ranking diapers had good tabs/made up for a lack of it in other ways. That's why I gave the cushie such a high rank.

That is very encouraging, actually, because the Cushie tapes looked really, really short, which seemed like a big negative as far as adjustability.

What makes the cushies so great is the fact that they have a runway that goes over the front, so the tabs don't rip the plastic when you refasten it, and the tabs are large so they hold up well.

• Like 1