LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Story, Helpful Tips Wanted!

Hello everyone!

I am planning on writing my first diaperfic soon.. I was hoping I could get some pointers :)

Stuff you personally love to see in stories, general writing advice, Do's and Don'ts.. Everything is appreiciated! :D

Here are a few suggestions. These are things that I do for every one of my stories.

First, I make a list of all of the characters. I write down the person's full name, even if I only refer to him or her by first name. I write down some descriptive notes (tall, short, blonde, brunette, other distinguishing features). I write down the relationships with the important characters in the story. I write down the person's role in the story.

Second, I make a story outline. It's just one bullet point per scene or chapter identifying the characters in that chapter and the main action involved.

Third, I write the final few chapters first, since that's usually where I reveal the important theme of the story. I'm usually most eager to write that part of the story first, so I do, but I don't publish it first. Far too often writers reveal the key to their stories in the first chapter or, worse yet, in the first paragraph. A good story is like a long slow tease ... it builds and builds and the reader thinks she's getting closer to the end, but then discovers that she's not. Readers enjoy being teased with a long slow buildup (so do lovers).

/fyunch

The list of characters lets you make sure that you maintain continuity - keep the name consistently spelled, keep the same person in the same role, keep the same speaking style, and so on. Getting things like that wrong confuses the hell out of readers and makes it hard for them to follow your story.

The story plan helps you think through the logic of the story. Put effort into the story plan up front and you won't end up writing yourself into a corner or abandoning your story halfway through because you got stuck or bored.

Each person's action should make some sort of sense in the context of the story, otherwise readers will have a hard time getting into the story line and relating to your characters. Ask yourself if you would believe the behavior you are describing if someone else wrote it.

Dialog is very easy to write if you just try. Don't worry about deathless prose - in fact, dialog is better because everyone knows that people talk in simple sentences and ask one another questions. It is much easier to explore a situation by having two people talk about it than to have the narrator simply describe it.

Don't feel the need to explain everything or cover every detail. Yes, your character has to get from the changing table to her bed, but unless something important happens during that move, consider just skipping the details. If you are feeling scared of having to describe something between this scene and the next, you have the option of not doing it. You can just skip to the next scene and have some of the initial dialog mention that it happened. Remember, you're the author. If you say it happened, then it happened.

Write as much of the story as possible before you publish anything. Reread and edit over and over again. You'll find that every time you edit you make the story better. Don't rush it out ... doing that results in a lower quality result.

Publish the pieces slowly. When you publish a chapter it moves to the top of page one. As time passes it will drift down the page. Each time someone posts a reply it will move up to the top again. Once it goes to page two the amount of readership it gets drops off a *lot*, so I wait until it gets down to page two before I publish the next piece.

I avoid posting replies (other than new chapters) to my own story just to get it back to page one ... that's cheating and if you do it people will notice and complain.

• 4 weeks later...

Fyunch said it best. Develop characters that your readers can relate to. Then have the story line encompass more than just infantilism, diapers, or age-play; add other elements from the characters' lives. Write for a while and then rest it for a couple of days before going back to edit what you've written. It takes me at least six to nine months (no pun about childbirth intended) to create a novel, and sometimes up to a year to finish polishing and editing it before it is ready to be published. Also, write something that you like to read but keep other people in mind as well. Is what you write something that others would also want to read? That's the tough part!

Good luck, and don't be afraid to start. Even if you get off to a bad start, taking the effort will motivate you to fix what you don't like.

• 2 months later...

Everyone has their own style and once you write one or two, you'll develop something that works for you.

Personally, I write out the idea in as much detail as possible until I have lost the thread in my head. I save it for later. There are about 9 stories in this stage right now.

Second, when I have another spark, I return to the original file, reread it and add details that my mind saw but didn't get into print. This is where all my creativity comes in. You should ask yourself, what was she wearing? How is her apartment furnished? Is he tall, dark and handsome? Did she feel anything the first time she trickled a hot stream into her diaper?

Then, if you are fatigued again, set it aside and reread it later. You will see things you left out, want to restate or just can improve upon.

It is a lot of trial and error on my part. Go with what works.

Writing is the ability to bring the reader in and experience what they're reading from the perspective of you. When I write, I try and keep details on each person, feelings, emotions and thoughts the actors in my story are playing. Whether it's a Dominant Mommy type or a submissive guy who falls into her perfectly laid trap and ends up in diapers, wetting and messing them helplessly for pure entertainment. Building the characters to the point that people reading your story, understand the plot of the story, but also where you can sweep them off their feet with twists and turns.

Creating well formed sentence's and using punctuation is also good. Don't just give a premise, give us some meat and potato's, so we want to hear more about your character's plight. Diapers are good, wet and messy accidents are good. Each reader will pull their own version of the story through their thought processes and reading. Some will want TG, teen baby, male sub with female domination and others lil girls with a male dominant. You're going to have to decide your style and content. All the suggestions in the world will only lead to total and complete utter pure confusion. Write what is in your heart and find YOUR audience!!!

...just my .02 cents